Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I have been getting rocked this wipe. Died 2 times in a row from scavs head shotting me before I could react to them.

Edit: It's been probably close to a year since I've played last and the past 2 hours are a nice reminder why I took a break from this game. I really do not like PvP games anymore :smith:. My reaction time and ability to visible see enemies has diminished greatly over the years it seems.

My very first death this wipe was me getting head eyes'd through a wall by an AI scav who was slowly approaching me from a hallway into a room that I was waiting in. I couldn't even be mad, it was just hilarious how he basically went "gently caress this" and then face tapped me through a solid brick wall instead of walking into the ambush I was laying for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shumagorath posted:

They also completely changed the movement system since you last played. If reaction time and visual acuity are an issue, you might be better off setting ambushes after you re-learn some of the choke points.

The other option is to get a buddy and qu'est your traders up until every loss is down to a value in roubles rather than "irreplaceable" found gear.

I went on Woods and was totally lost. It seems like I need to relearn all the maps...

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

BrotherJayne posted:

drat, I can't seem to get a scav queue to pop.

My solo scav queues haven't been popping at all but whenever I queue with a friend it never takes more than ~2 minutes.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

BrotherJayne posted:

Fix for now is the host needs auto servers selected

Did nothing for us

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Solo scav runs are taking like 10-12 minutes to match. Unfortunately, my last scav run dumped me in with 4 minutes left in the raid. Just enough time to get head/eyes by the new roaming rogue bosses.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Longest matching time I've had so far solo scavving was around 4 minutes.

EDIT: Also, have they upped the spawn rate on guns early wipe or something, every raid I find more guns than I can carry?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Matchmaking seems fine in general now

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Mesadoram posted:

I went on Woods and was totally lost. It seems like I need to relearn all the maps...

tbf woods is the map that's the easiest to forget

everything else has clear and memorable landmarks

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

New spawn system sucks. Watching scavs materialize literally in your sights is ridiculous, especially as they start shooting almost immediately if they spawn in facing you

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

BrotherJayne posted:

New spawn system sucks. Watching scavs materialize literally in your sights is ridiculous, especially as they start shooting almost immediately if they spawn in facing you

Imagine if it was like Destiny 2 where a portal opens, a dropship flies out, and the scavs hop out from 40 feet in the air before the dropship enters another portal and disappears.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Charles 1998 posted:

Imagine if it was like Destiny 2 where a portal opens, a dropship flies out, and the scavs hop out from 40 feet in the air before the dropship enters another portal and disappears.

Broken legged skavs everywhere?

Cool cool cool

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

BrotherJayne posted:

Broken legged skavs everywhere?

Cool cool cool

No they would do a super hero landing and take no damage.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Don’t need legs to go prone instantly and head eyes.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Whelp, made the mistake of saying the matching times were going great. Been trying to get into Woods for 30m now.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Bondematt posted:

Whelp, made the mistake of saying the matching times were going great. Been trying to get into Woods for 30m now.

If Matching hits 5 minutes or so on a solo queue, back out and try again.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
It's silly that this game doesn't auto backout after 5 minutes. All other games back out with an error if it takes too long.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Scav in at 14 mins left, loot a bit, find a motor and a lightbulb. 3 mins left in the raid, get killed by pscav named "Rolf325"
Thanks, buddy. Hope that bulb will make your day.

Scav on Scav violence needs to be punished harder.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Dr. Clockwork posted:

If Matching hits 5 minutes or so on a solo queue, back out and try again.

That did the trick!

Enjoying really playing this again for the first time in a few years. First PMC kill was straight up bad timing for the other guy, I was walking by a window and heard the zipper sound, I spun to him just as he fired his first shot and apparently I domed him with the first round. If he hadn't just started searching a bag I'm sure he would have won that.

2nd PMC I heard someone in a house and sat outside the front door for a minute raising my shotgun whenever I heard him moving. He finally started coming out and I hit him in the neck/face from about 10 yards with express.

Shortening the time on maps seems harsh. Especially with Woods and it's expansion. I made it out with 3 seconds left on the countdown on one run. Certainly makes you move faster.

Interesting having food/water be a mechanic now. Last time I got into this I think you refilled automatically after raids? Either that or buying food/water was trivial. I really only worried about in raids if my stomach was blacked.

VOIP seems to be pointless as a PMC, but SCAVs were all talking it up which made me almost feel bad for blasting the 2 that came into the wrong bunker. Shot the first one, second was shouting "friendly friendly friendly" while also shooting back at me.
VPO-136 + Kobra sight on a bastion does work.

Real weird not having access to the flea market at level 5.

Long range sounds are still buggy AF, especially scav voice lines.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Can anyone post where the most reliable maps/ammo charts are?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

giZm posted:

Scav in at 14 mins left, loot a bit, find a motor and a lightbulb. 3 mins left in the raid, get killed by pscav named "Rolf325"
Thanks, buddy. Hope that bulb will make your day.

Scav on Scav violence needs to be punished harder.

Nah, you're not meant to feel safe you are meant to feel on edge regardless of Scav or PMC.
Same the other way around, you are meant to calculate the cost of killing someone who isn't directly an enemy.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

poe meater posted:

Not fully updated for the minor details, but I like this one so far for maps.

https://mapgenie.io/tarkov

I haven't dove into ammo yet.

Definitely much happier doing Stirrup early in a wipe, so much easier when half the matches you load on Factory, the guy next to you also is naked with only a pistol. I kept getting really good rigs and just kept killing one player, a scav or two, and bailing.

Now my stash is full and my insurance, including fraud, keeps piling in. Woods as a scav is extremely chill, but man all the guns being 50% condition makes it interesting when you go to fight. It was real fun trying to figure out the bindings so my guy would rack the drat bolt to clear the chimney pipe.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

poe meater posted:

I just use the wiki's ballistics chart tbh. Hasn't failed me yet.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Bondematt posted:

It was real fun trying to figure out the bindings so my guy would rack the drat bolt to clear the chimney pipe.

It's been brought up before, but use the same button to inspect and clear the jam. Set it to inspect on "press", and clear jam on "release" .

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

sinburger posted:

It's been brought up before, but use the same button to inspect and clear the jam. Set it to inspect on "press", and clear jam on "release" .

You can also just furiously spam M1 and after a second it will tell you the shotcut on screen

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Fart Car '97 posted:

You can also just furiously spam M1 and after a second it will tell you the shotcut on screen

Yeah I was surprised it wasn't just R or Shift/CTRL/ALT + R. Like dude just clear it it's right there!

Shift + T was default and I am so adding that to release L as I'll never hit that L otherwise. I did use clear once to unload the magnum out of a scav shotgun to load into my own.

Edit: Considering upgrading to Edge of Darkness edition from basic. Looks like you no longer need to wipe your character to get the benefits and items? Does this game ever go on sale?

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 5, 2022

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Bondematt posted:

Looks like you no longer need to wipe your character to get the benefits and items? Does this game ever go on sale?
Benefits/Items will be click of a button on website profile, then it comes as a message from System IIRC. And yes, constantly.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bondematt posted:

Does this game ever go on sale?

3-4 times a year, if not more.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Thanks, I'll wait for a sale then!

Man the audio in this game is crazy. Most of the time close range seems to work quite well as I can tell almost exactly when they are stepping out to head/eyes me with the first round, but the long range audio is busted as hell especially when if comes to spoken lines. It's really obvious for the long complaining scav lines when it keeps juttering between clear and muffled without the Scav or me moving. Hearing it on the opposite side of a wall it works fine though and is great to listen to the whole thing, responding and hearing them go off again and their feet start shuffling.

Scavs on a high ping server are just death incarnate. I'm limited to the servers that show a good ping, but sometimes I still get into a 200+ ping raid and I just leave.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been playing this again after this wipe and generally feeling less anxious about dying and having a better time. That said, I'm still god awful and die more often than not, I'm just not getting that attached to my stuff so it's not a big deal when I inevitably die :shrug:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Don't sweat it too much, most people die more often than not.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Just a friendly reminder that you can reset your account (all starting gear and progress back to zero) any time you want. Go nuts who cares.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's more comical than anything at this point because it genuinely feels like every time I take time to kit myself out before going in is when I get capped within the first 5 minutes of a game but when I go in with nothing that's when I make it through a whole raid and have to extract because I didn't bring a big enough bag.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

explosivo posted:

It's more comical than anything at this point because it genuinely feels like every time I take time to kit myself out before going in is when I get capped within the first 5 minutes of a game but when I go in with nothing that's when I make it through a whole raid and have to extract because I didn't bring a big enough bag.

That's cause cheaters can see the numerical value of your loadout and hunt you down.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Charles 1998 posted:

That's cause cheaters can see the numerical value of your loadout and hunt you down.

No way. Is this actually a thing?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
yes, it is. the data of your inventory is sent to other players(basically as a big .json file along with other stuff iirc, which is part of why performance gets so bad with a lot of players) and so it's not hard for cheaters to tell what other players have.

not sure if it still exists but at some point it was possible for cheaters to loot items directly out of living player's inventories. so you could just have stuff vanish from your bag midraid

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Zipperelli. posted:

No way. Is this actually a thing?

Search YouTube for tarkov cheats. The features on some of them are pretty nuts. The problem now is that most of the cheating before was to sell stuff on real world markets so the devs tried to curb that by making it impossible to drop certain valuable items in raid.

Now all the cheaters are just killing everyone for their sweet gear this wipe since it's the only valuable stuff they can drop for others in another raid for cash.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Yeah their nerf just means you can’t help your buddies with hideout unlocks anymore, it does nothing to stop the carry economy.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I’ve played this since 2018 and the hacker situation is definitely overblown, as you would expect with a try hard hardcore fps where half the time you dont even see your killer

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
It's surely a pipe dream, but I would love nothing more than a killcam feature- even if it was something clusmy where you had to download a replay of the raid after the match has finished, like PUBG (Iirc?) does it. It would do wonders for my paranoia and would probably go a long way to curb the amount of hackusations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I'm actually having a decent time playing tarkov for the first time in years. I'm sure it'll change soon enough but SKS one tapping people with fancy guns is nice.

What are framerates like for people on this patch? I'm running a 3080/5900x and I'm around 160 fps before everything spawns in and about 100 halfway into the raid at 1440p.