Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ups_rail posted:

There is a SNL sketch from that era when some dude was doing the audio book version of it and would use the word vagaina in lue of someother word he didnt want to say.

yes yes the gilber godrey reading of 50 shades is better.

rip king phil

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/not-the-vagina-monologues/2870510

edit: WTF THIS IS poo poo. its supposed to be charlton heston saying 'i love my vagina'. why the gently caress is it not online? lorne michaels should be hanged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Dilbert covering some of what's going on, in a good way.
https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-07-09

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

growing increasingly dilbertpilled

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
It's going up again. :(

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Dilbert covering some of what's going on, in a good way.
https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-07-09

Given Adams' current inclinations and the way the strip has changed I'm pretty sure we're still supposed to agree with the pointy haired boss.

Especially because "Shut up and die" is such an unfunny, bitter punchline

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Is it really "making a huge profit" if they HODL and never realized any of it?

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/g13m/status/1545415637727690753
just printscreen'd in case he gets some sense and deletes it.
https://i.imgur.com/uyD7qN5.png
l-m-a-o

edit: oh god this is not a one off

As loving dumb and ridiculous these people are, if someone dresses up or photoshops themselves as a literal ape, isn’t calling that blackface and racist more racist than the dumb act itself?

Maybe I’m getting old but I wasn’t aware apes had been added to the list of things you were not allowed to dress up as.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

friend, i'm going to give you an easy out on this one: no

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Thanks. I’m learning.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Elerion posted:

As loving dumb and ridiculous these people are, if someone dresses up or photoshops themselves as a literal ape, isn’t calling that blackface and racist more racist than the dumb act itself?

Maybe I’m getting old but I wasn’t aware apes had been added to the list of things you were not allowed to dress up as.

lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Its an honor to be posting with you governor Northam.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Part of it is that the apes are already troubling caricatures with a bunch of racially keyed stereotype features in their traits list, and part of it is that painting your face brown as a white person is just always gonna look like blackface, no matter your intent.

There's a big difference between wearing an ape mask and thinking "oh if I paint my face brown I'll look like an ape"

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

Elerion posted:

My guess is no-one actually cared at all that the idiot dressed himself up as his jpeg, let alone called him out on it being blackface and racist.

They're just gleefully playing their own little game of stir-up-the-lefty, and if there is no one taking the bait then they'll just pretend there was, or have a sock puppet do it for them. There's plenty of "hidden" racist and Nazi icons all over this ape poo poo to call them out on, which they want people to do both for self validation and so they can further muddy the water claiming innocence.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dunno man, my theory is someone stumbled on the dipshit accidentally doing blackface and made fun of him

Elerion
May 31, 2011
I mean they very clearly tried to match the color pattern of their stupid apes and didn’t look like any actual person or group of people I’ve ever seen, so in my eyes it’s about as offensive as my kid getting tiger face paint, but if I’m wrong I’m wrong.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Elerion posted:

I mean they very clearly tried to match the color pattern of their stupid apes and didn’t look like any actual person or group of people I’ve ever seen, so in my eyes it’s about as offensive as my kid getting tiger face paint, but if I’m wrong I’m wrong.

I guess it's offensive if people are offended by it. Is anyone?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

twitter aint no trial court. if you're too dumb to appreciate how applying brown paint to your face as a white fellow might be interpreted, you deserve a semester in the school of hard knocks.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The thing I can’t wrap my head around with BAYC is that there are, at most, 10,000 idiots who own them. Minus the people who collected multiple, the ones that celebrities were give , and so on. This is an inconsequential number of people. And I don’t think they get a cut of resales. What’s their revenue model?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

TheBlackVegetable posted:

My guess is no-one actually cared at all that the idiot dressed himself up as his jpeg, let alone called him out on it being blackface and racist.

They're just gleefully playing their own little game of stir-up-the-lefty, and if there is no one taking the bait then they'll just pretend there was, or have a sock puppet do it for them. There's plenty of "hidden" racist and Nazi icons all over this ape poo poo to call them out on, which they want people to do both for self validation and so they can further muddy the water claiming innocence.

Pretty much this

Its blackface with plausible deniability to own the left

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Somfin posted:

Given Adams' current inclinations and the way the strip has changed I'm pretty sure we're still supposed to agree with the pointy haired boss.

Especially because "Shut up and die" is such an unfunny, bitter punchline

Dilbert made so much more sense to me when I accepted that the pointy-haired boss is the actual protagonist.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

priznat posted:

Jesus

https://www.engadget.com/nft-buy-now-pay-later-definitely-not-going-to-end-in-tears-201139997.html

So taking out a loan for an intrinsically worthless asset in extremely volatile fake currency which you then have to pay back by buying the currency in real dollars.. sounds like a solid plan.
"Like other BNPL services, Tether requires a down payment."

What an ideal typo

Dabir posted:

One of the early "pioneers" of bitcoin was a guy whose coffee table featured a big picture of his fursona, fully nude, with an anatomically accurate dog boner.
VERY MISLEADING!!
It wasn't a dog. I can't remember what it was though. And the owner was Thermos, of the bitcointalk forums.
(It will forever be the dog dick coffee table anyway)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

vortmax posted:

It wasn't a dog. I can't remember what it was though. And the owner was Thermos, of the bitcointalk forums.
(It will forever be the dog dick coffee table anyway)

it was a ringtail lemur iirc

he tried to rebrand as a Trusted Authority Figure who could be paid to vouch for lovely crypto enterprises, but it never worked well, because people inevitably tweeted about dog dick coffee tables on everything he endorsed

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Elerion posted:

I mean they very clearly tried to match the color pattern of their stupid apes and didn’t look like any actual person or group of people I’ve ever seen, so in my eyes it’s about as offensive as my kid getting tiger face paint

:agreed:

Elerion
May 31, 2011
In other news I just found out this exists and I can’t stop laughing: https://www.metagirlfriends.com/

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Elerion posted:

In other news I just found out this exists and I can’t stop laughing: https://www.metagirlfriends.com/

I have a girlfriend. You wouldn't know her. She's meta.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Elerion posted:

It's not racist to say that painting yourself up like a monkey is racist. When you're white there's things you need to be aware of and if you aren't aware of them, you look stupid and racist. There's many points in the process of painting yourself up like a monkey then taking a picture and putting it on the Internet where somebody who knew virtually anything about race relations in America would stop and think "hey I should probably just not do this" and it would've been fine. This guy didn't because he's obviously not too bright, and so it's expected that people will look at him crossways and ridicule him.

That said, blackface is offensive because of how white people used it to portray black people. Usually as bumbling oafs with big red lips and pitch black skin, with every other negative stereotype you can think of, for the purpose of entertaining white people. It's a whole thing, it's not just putting paint on your face that's darker than a certain shade.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Elerion posted:

"Meta Girlfriends are fully clothed and visible from the waste up in public."

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Random Stranger posted:

I have a girlfriend. You wouldn't know her. She's meta.

"You've never meta" was RIGHT THERE.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Elerion posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

"Deflationary mechanics - supply constantly decreasing."

So the meta girlfriends are going to leave their owners eventually. Do they get 50% of the virtual property in the break up?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

"Deflationary mechanics - supply constantly decreasing."

So the meta girlfriends are going to leave their owners eventually. Do they get 50% of the virtual property in the break up?

Oh man if you have to pay the company upkeep on your meta girlfriend or she dumps you that would be loving gorgeous

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Somfin posted:

Oh man if you have to pay the company upkeep on your meta girlfriend or she dumps you that would be loving gorgeous

simp/apeholder overlap is really there.

e, simpians

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Somfin posted:

Oh that's actually kinda brilliant.

You have to take your meta girlfriend to the meta cafe on dates and buy gifts from the meta mall with crypto, or they leave your rear end.

You have to meet her meta parents at meta holiday events or they leave you. You have to avoid arguing with her meta Qanon uncle at meta thanksgiving or they leave you.

It would be like a spouse that constantly makes you spend your money on pyramid scheme coins.

All of this, of course, dancing around the whole treating women like property issue. But it's not like these meta people can find real girlfriends anyhow.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

doingitwrong posted:

The thing I can’t wrap my head around with BAYC is that there are, at most, 10,000 idiots who own them. Minus the people who collected multiple, the ones that celebrities were give , and so on. This is an inconsequential number of people. And I don’t think they get a cut of resales. What’s their revenue model?

I think their revenue model is just "sell apes." I mean, they can talk big about creating new ape-based IPs but in the end they're (theoretically, it's crypto after all) pulling down decent money selling useless conspicuous consumption items to the tasteless and terminally online. If they're halfway smart about it they'll have enough money to retire somewhere sunny and without extradition treaties by the time apemania finally dies off.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/foobazzler/status/1545781709076975616

All the replies acknowledge this but still shill for bitcoin

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Can't tell if he's so close or so far from getting that it will never be mainstream

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

why were these in the fortune cookies of my Chinese takeout?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Lucky Guy posted:

why were these in the fortune cookies of my Chinese takeout?

The worst part of crypto is explaining these to my parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Wow, all it took was 5 weeks straight of vacation to come to this conclusion. I never get vacation and I already knew this.