Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That was the best Kingdom Hearts movie you'll ever see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Does anyone else feel like them using Eternity was one of those “ok we got this out of the way so that it’s not a concept we need to do later on”? I still loves the movie overall and it still worked, just seems like such a weird use of Eternity

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cael posted:

Does anyone else feel like them using Eternity was one of those “ok we got this out of the way so that it’s not a concept we need to do later on”? I still loves the movie overall and it still worked, just seems like such a weird use of Eternity

I'm not sure anyone on the Marvel side of things was saying "let's just get this over with" as if it was something that everyone was clamoring for and they gave in reluctantly but it did feel weird that it showed up in a Thor film instead of Dr. Strange. Which was what I thought about Ego being in GOTG2 as well, since I associate him with Thor.

Not sure how I will eventually feel about Love & Thunder vs Ragnarok. When I left the theatre I told my wife that I liked it more than Ragnarok. Humour-wise I think Ragnarok had better highs but worse lows, but I think since we recently did a rewatch of Ragnarok and IW + Endgame that maybe I'm reacting to how this film wasn't about Thor continually being torn down, getting owned, losing things. And I liked that he was a much more active and effective part of truly stopping the villain and fixing things. I also liked the action more in this film.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 9, 2022

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its better than Ragnarok about immediately undercutting serious with silly, or at least more balanced about it. Made better use of its baddie, and boats and goats. Cant complain really.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Opopanax posted:

It must be weird to get cast in one of those cameo roles like Clea, Starfox, or now Hercules. Like, you're going to be in a movie that hasn't been announced yet but surely will happen, but won't be seen again for like 3 or 4 years minimum.

I'm curious how much they're doing this to gauge interest. Especially for Goldstein since he's going to have to gain a ton of weight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

After thinking about it I've decided that Gorr was right and correct in what he was doing and should have just killed all the gods.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

After thinking about it I've decided that Gorr was right and correct in what he was doing and should have just killed all the gods.

He was right in the comics too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Most MCU big bads seem to have somewhat relatable motives. I think it’s time for a villain to be just a deranged evil bastard.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

But Taweret.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean he was right about some gods, Like his and Zeus, but the entire point of the movie is that he's wrong that it's all of them and that he shouldn't waste his time on revenge because there is good out there. Thor's whole deal is about helping people, and there is an Asgardian afterlife.
It's a bit of a muddled message but he's not entirely correct

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I mean he was right about some gods, Like his and Zeus, but the entire point of the movie is that he's wrong that it's all of them and that he shouldn't waste his time on revenge because there is good out there. Thor's whole deal is about helping people, and there is an Asgardian afterlife.
It's a bit of a muddled message but he's not entirely correct

It's basically the same revelation as in The Batman. Except one's the hero and one's the villain.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
One very serious complaint I have about love and thunder is that the movie has two of the coolest Thor costumes and they're only in the movie for about 5 minutes tops.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JT Smiley posted:

One very serious complaint I have about love and thunder is that the movie has two of the coolest Thor costumes and they're only in the movie for about 5 minutes tops.

Yeah as much as I hated the main one, that fur Cape suit was sick as hell

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I really dug the ravager Thor costume. The Viking one was great as well. I see the narrative point on the gaudy one, but it certainly is the least of the 3.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I rather like the spangly armour, it reminds me of one from the Simonson run, where he has to armour up because of Hela's curse.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Love and Thunder was great, though I think Ragnarok beats it because of the interactions with Loki and Thor. I was surprised how much of the Jane as Thor storyline was in the movie.

The theater got a good chuckle of Melissa McCartney as Hela

At the end when you see Luv reflected in the water, she reminded me of Singularity.

Russel Crowe was clearly having a hell of a lot of fun as Zeus.

I hope besides Herc, Thor 5 has Angela.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 9, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm personally waiting for Beta Ray Bill.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don’t know how they do Angela after they already did a hidden sister reveal

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opopanax posted:

"So the truth is Thor, I'm your sis-"
"Yes yes, my sister, I've heard this before, let's move along. You're not going to break my hammer too, are you?"
*both glance at the camera*

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Angela can be Valkyrie's Queen.

Beta Ray Bill can take over for Thor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

"How many hidden sisters do you have?"

But yea Beta Ray Bill is another thing I want to see.

Codependent Poster posted:

Angela can be Valkyrie's Queen.

Beta Ray Bill can take over for Thor.

This is good too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I imagine they'd have to change Angela's origin a bit. I don't think they could have a literal angel on screen doing punches and stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's already Not Actually An Angel in the Marvel version.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

She's already Not Actually An Angel in the Marvel version.

I thought her mom was an angel from Heven the "newly discovered" 10th realm and daddy was a horny-rear end Odin. It's been a while since I read the books with her origins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Right, but Heven isn't Heaven and the Angels there aren't servants of God. They and their realm just coincidentally have a lot of similarities to Biblical angels because comics.

Angela's mother is Frigga, making her a full sister of Tyr and Balder (but not Thor, and obviously not Loki.) She herself is not a 10th realm Angel at all, she was kidnapped by them.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 9, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I enjoyed Love and Thunder (not just because the soundtrack uses a ton of Guns N' Roses).

Going to spoiler some thoughts below

I did not expect them to cold open on Gorr's origin, but it worked very well. I did think it was odd that they never explained much about what the sword wanted other than to bond itself to people wanting revenge. I know in the comics it's tied into all of the Knull poo poo so I guess they are leaving any more of this ambiguous for now.

Crowe was entertaining enough as Zeus, but good lord that was a terrible attempted Greek accent. I had to look up who the Hercules actor was because I had never heard of him before. It's a little weird that they are teasing him as a threat considering Marvel's Hercules is always a hero I think? That may be a fakeout.

I liked that when you actually see Eternity at the end, it's almost exactly the same as it was portrayed in an old comic panel done by Jack Kirby. It was a nice touch.

My only complaint is that I would have liked more with the Guardians, but that's primarily because I love their appearances and I know that it wouldn't really fit with the story they were trying to tell.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Crowe was entertaining enough as Zeus, but good lord that was a terrible attempted Greek accent. I had to look up who the Hercules actor was because I had never heard of him before. It's a little weird that they are teasing him as a threat considering Marvel's Hercules is always a hero I think? That may be a fakeout.

Russell Crowe is right there. Just make Hercules his puppet that Thor wins over to the good side.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Should Beta Ray Bill be CGI or prosthetics?

Depending on the answer, who should play them?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Right, but Heven isn't Heaven and the Angels there aren't servants of God. They and their realm just coincidentally have a lot of similarities to Biblical angels because comics.

Angela's mother is Frigga, making her a full sister of Tyr and Balder (but not Thor, and obviously not Loki.) She herself is not a 10th realm Angel at all, she was kidnapped by them.

Ah yes yes. Now I recall, thanks. I do still think any of that could be a tough sell for the jesus crowd out there. I don't know if you know this or not, but some of them are a little coo-coo for cocoa puffs.

Jamesman posted:

Should Beta Ray Bill be CGI or prosthetics?

Depending on the answer, who should play them?

I think its about time for an Ahmed Best comeback story.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess Kraglin is officially a Guardian now? They listed Sean Gunn in the Guardians part of the credits.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So I guess Kraglin is officially a Guardian now? They listed Sean Gunn in the Guardians part of the credits.
He basically took over for Yondu

also I don't think there were really many Ravagers left by the end of GotG2

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Joe Fisto posted:

Ah yes yes. Now I recall, thanks. I do still think any of that could be a tough sell for the jesus crowd out there. I don't know if you know this or not, but some of them are a little coo-coo for cocoa puffs.

I guess I could be wrong but I feel like that crowd is already lost by false gods or ungodly aliens or woke Disney or vague hints at lgbtq people existing or a nice Muslim girl super hero. But I guess there’s a different shade of crazy always left to piss off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also Biblical Angels have 4 faces, 6 wings and covered in eyes.

They are not hot redheaded warrior women.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This tweet has people so mad.

https://twitter.com/chrisevans/status/1545826871262056449?s=21&t=CFm0JYIYtb74p7RJ1jYvBA

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh yeah, I forgot “black Captain America”.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It has been several years and a television show, how the gently caress haven't people gotten over it yet.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Look, if they don't rename the character Blactain Ablackiblack how can you expect professional movie news sources to know what's going on?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm personally waiting for Beta Ray Bill.

What worried me about them using the Jane Thor story was whether it poisons the well for Bill. Like oh, another person who gets to be a Thor clone?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I liked that when you actually see Eternity at the end, it's almost exactly the same as it was portrayed in an old comic panel done by Jack Kirby. It was a nice touch.

Pretty sure he did draw him at some point but purely to give credit where it's due, that was a Ditko creation.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 10, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Hello Viewers. Here I am, Captain America. I am extremely loving old now but am satisfied because I lived a full life with the person I love in the time I was born and saw there are people in the future who are as worthy as I to take over the mantle. I am onscreen directly handing the shield to you, Sam Wilson, character who has stood by me through thick and thin and whose honor and courage I have repeatedly praised. You may not feel you are worthy but I feel you are and there will be a television series about this. I am speaking directly to you, the viewers, and saying that I, personally, have retired with a happy ending and am passing the shield onto my chosen successor who I feel is the best choice. The only way this could be more of a final ending is if I suddenly had a heart attack and died and God himself came down from heaven and took my soul away while giving two thumbs up to and praising the new Captain America. Also I, the actor, am in my 40s and want to do other things with my career and have made that clear for years. "

"Yeah but his skin is black so maybe takebacks?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ImpAtom posted:

It has been several years and a television show, how the gently caress haven't people gotten over it yet.

Captain Carter seemed to have reignited it because a bunch of people were freaking out that MCU was gonna replace Sam with her or some nonsense. But like people will complain about Black Cap every single time he comes up from here on out.

Which is funny since that was the plot of the show.