Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, not overly excited to seeing Britt Baker going over Mayu or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVBsPCasvJ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
The reveal of Kairi's partner for her upcoming tag match against Saya made so much sense I'm made at myself for not calling it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

The reveal of Kairi's partner for her upcoming tag match against Saya made so much sense I'm made at myself for not calling it.

Huh, admittedly most of my joshi fan friends are SEAdLERS but that felt like the only real obvious option.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Replace Britt Baker with Toni Storm and that would be accurate. That girl has given a lot of English speaking Stardom fans ptsd.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/takam777/status/1545753456920694785

Should be rad.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

JTO running a 3k seater arena owns

E: lmao he's charging ¥30,000 for front row too

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 9, 2022

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

JTO running a 3k seater arena owns

Njpw better send them over some big names to fill that place.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1545784507579654150

He dropped a hint last night that this is Jungle Kyona.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'd love to see Jungle doing matches regularly again, so here's hoping

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1545784507579654150

He dropped a hint last night that this is Jungle Kyona.

Wouldn't be shocked if its Jungle working some indie dates and maybe an Impact taping or two in the US, but I don't think we'll see her in AEW or WWE (lol). Although who knows because I don't think she's worked many matches since leaving STARDOM either mainly due to her injuries not being treated properly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

A Joshi star that has spent much of the last two years on the shelf is likely headed for America soon.

Fightful Select has learned that Jungle Kyona is planning to make a trip to the United States this year, with the intent to work a tour of several promotions along the way. Those we've spoken to say that former ROH Women's Champion Sumie Sakai has been helping her secure bookings.

Jungle Kyona was sidelined in the fall of 2020 after sustaining a plethora of injuries, including an ACL rupture and a dislocated shoulder. She's only competed in an exhibition match since then, with that being at the Hana Kimura Memorial show in May.

Jungle Kyona left Stardom back in September 2021 after spending six years there

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Tokyo Princess Cup starts again on July 16, ends when I'm on vacation on Aug 14.

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1545940089850642434

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus, another show to watch this Saturday

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ended up buying the Sendai girls show, very excited. It's already started better than the last show I purchased from zaiko, FMW-E Independence day

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm at Korakuen Hall listening to Queen and Blondie being blasted over the speakers and let me tell you this a huge improvement than when Meiko was in charge and played her Nickelback albums before the shows.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sendai girls with the SEAd setup of Korakuen, makes it look distinctly different to when men's promotions run it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

People just ignoring the cheer with your heart signs smh

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

People just ignoring the cheer with your heart signs smh

Lead by example GWB, I definitely heard some people right when the show was starting so maybe they got scared

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kohaku is just wandering around. There's no WAVE wrestlers on the card so I assume she's gonna challenge Inaba after this match, which would rule.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Or I guess Inaba can just vacate the title?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Crowd seem to like this lady, they've found their voice

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Or I guess Inaba can just vacate the title?

Does that belt have an under 3 year experience rule like the Stardom Future title?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Does that belt have an under 3 year experience rule like the Stardom Future title?

Yep, and she debuted three years ago Friday. Guess the original plan was to fudge that to put Oka over

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Zaiko muting all the licensed music so I'm watching this lady dance in complete silence, it's Riko Kawahata all over again

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Huh Aoi dances to original music. Maybe TAKA told Senjo they had to pay him for it.

This show has owned so far. If the main events hit it could be up there for show of the year

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i turned this on and only caught like the last 5 minutes of that match but those five minutes owned

who was that wrestler in the t-shirt that's some cool gear

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

i turned this on and only caught like the last 5 minutes of that match but those five minutes owned

who was that wrestler in the t-shirt that's some cool gear

Aoi. She rules.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Huh Aoi dances to original music. Maybe TAKA told Senjo they had to pay him for it.

Boo, it was a cool dance even without the music. Aoi is cool, I feel like i've seen her fairly often but I never remember her name

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Favourite match of the night so far, that was rad. Top two matches (the reason I bought the show) have a hell of a thing to follow

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm pretty sure El Lindaman is here

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm pretty sure El Lindaman is here

you don't know, that could be any impossibly jacked 5'3" man

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oof that was a rough landing for DASH

e: lol completely whiffed the double stomp, good on Dash for kicking out at 1

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 10, 2022

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lol 1 count because suzu didnt make any contact on that stomp from the top of the ladder

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

What the gently caress is that chair mountain, Jesus Christ stay the hell away from that thing

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that was fun but would have maybe been more fun if suzu suzuki had gotten, idk, ten seconds of offense in that 15 minute match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Main event, this is gonna be a cracker

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ouch Hash, way to completely miss the padding with your head

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

loving hell.

Sendai Girls actually having competent booking now rules because it means I'm more inclined to watch Chihiro matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i hope those women werent using their necks for anything important, good lord what a main