Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

Pretty sure the Claude/Hubert one would end up with them taking over the world.

It would just be Kaguya-Sama but starring the two of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

It would just be Kaguya-Sama but starring the two of them.

So something amazing and what the third game should be about.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Eimi posted:

I would say Edelgard is another character who I could see as gay but bi for game mechanics, but she was very understated about romance in Houses and all business here so it's arguable. I just like picturing her as gay solely because her and Hubert's relationship is so much better if it's purely platonic. (also because Beagles have the Bi Queen Dorothea.)

Edelgard’s male supports are extremely platonic in Three Houses, and she turns into a mess whenever a woman winks at her.

But there was no way they were going to make the cover lord non-marriageable if you picked Boyleth.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

Edelgard’s male supports are extremely platonic in Three Houses, and she turns into a mess whenever a woman winks at her.

But there was no way they were going to make the cover lord non-marriageable if you picked Boyleth.

I think you need to actually take a look at her supports again and not just go off art and memes. Dorothea is the only one even remotely romantic besides Byleth and she accepts the proposition with ease.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What is ‘hyperbole’ for $100, Alex

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pictured: not remotely romantic

quote:

Edelgard and Manuela

As the new Adrestian emperor, Edelgard gave all she had to breathe new life into the government of Fódlan. Her first objective was to institute new class reforms and ensure the people's independence. For that reason, she sought the counsel of Manuela, whose vast array of contacts, talents, and experience proved invaluable. She became essential to Edelgard, and her skill as a physician kept the emperor in good health for many years. Both remained unmarried, and it is said that the two became extremely close over the years.

'both remained unmarried and became extremely close'

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah her endings are pretty obvious if you're into the tropes of yuri, but I think that is still understated in terms of how she reacts and the voiced supports.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'd definitely say Dorothea is a lesbian who might get married to a man due to social pressures rather than any actual desire to.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My headcanon is that everyone is bi and dating each other.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Eimi posted:

I would say Edelgard is another character who I could see as gay but bi for game mechanics, but she was very understated about romance in Houses and all business here so it's arguable. I just like picturing her as gay solely because her and Hubert's relationship is so much better if it's purely platonic. (also because Beagles have the Bi Queen Dorothea.)

Isn't it possible for Edelgard to have a purely platonic relationship with Hubert even if she's bisexual instead of gay?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kanos posted:

Isn't it possible for Edelgard to have a purely platonic relationship with Hubert even if she's bisexual instead of gay?

This is true but I am also a dumb lesbian and like if I'm going to headcanon anyone as a lesbian of course it's Edelgard.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Dorothea's attraction to Ferdinand is very real and not from outside pressures, but I dunno if that counts, because who wouldn't marry Ferdinand given the chance?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
She does also seem to be morosexual considering Caspar.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ImpAtom posted:

Shamir radiates so much lesbian energy she turns people around her into lesbians. Her being able to marry male Byleth is stupid as hell.
she radiates enough lesbian energy that im pretty sure if male byleth married her they wouldnt stay male for long
magic crest blood can probably be used as substitute hrt, right? :v:

Tired Moritz posted:

everyone should have a romantic end with Hubert tbh

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

What is ‘hyperbole’ for $100, Alex

Making poo poo up for $1000 Ken.

Endorph posted:

That is a romantic ending. Their support - which is my point - is not unless you really stretch the A completely out of context. But using the endings, Edelgard then can marry all the Black Eagle guys and Hanneman (ich).

Final Jeopardy.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hubert is Emet-Selch's son. Tall, goth, catty as gently caress, secretly caring, morally flexible, a huge portion of the fanbase is unreasonably attracted to the rat man.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

You can tell Hubert’s the best because he’s the only one who gets his own theme song.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
No one is unreasonably attracted to Hubert, you take that back.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Dorothea's attraction to Ferdinand is very real and not from outside pressures, but I dunno if that counts, because who wouldn't marry Ferdinand given the chance?

Hell, same. I'm straight and I'd gay marry Ferdinand.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ferdinand has incredible horse girl energy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

Then why does he have no supports with Leonie?

:cmon: IS

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Then why does he have no supports with Leonie?

:cmon: IS

He does in Hopes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

He does in Hopes

Thank Goddess, I have a reason besides completionism to play the Eagles.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hubert: “Hey Hapi what’s up my bestest friend in the whole wide world who would do anything for me, I was wondering, would you mind helping me build a satanic army of monsters?”

Hapi: “No, you are disgusting and I hate you. Also I think that’s a war crime?”

Hubert: “It’s only a war crime if you get caught~! Wait where are you going? Was it something I said?”

[Support level went up!]

these continue to be my favorite kind of support conversations

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Augus posted:

Hubert: “Hey Hapi what’s up my bestest friend in the whole wide world who would do anything for me, I was wondering, would you mind helping me build a satanic army of monsters?”

Hapi: “No, you are disgusting and I hate you. Also I think that’s a war crime?”

Hubert: “It’s only a war crime if you get caught~! Wait where are you going? Was it something I said?”

[Support level went up!]

these continue to be my favorite kind of support conversations

Hapi is so great and I'm happy players can experience her without having to pay for DLC this time around.

I truly aspire to give as few shits as she does about everything except for things like this.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

McTimmy posted:

Making poo poo up for $1000 Ken.

That is a romantic ending. Their support - which is my point - is not unless you really stretch the A completely out of context. But using the endings, Edelgard then can marry all the Black Eagle guys and Hanneman (ich).

Final Jeopardy.

Fine, we can do this.

If you look at the content of Edelgard’s supports:

Women:

1) Petra: Edelgard is supportive and encouraging from the outset. Specifically writes her a letter imploring her to return if she is out of house recruited, something, IIRC, no other character is stated to get?

2) Bernadetta: Immediately opens up about her own personal fears despite this not at all being advantageous. Surprising patience given her approach to other trauma.

3) Constance: Besides being presented with a rainbow, she offers Constance a choice to trust her, a similar choice she offers Byleth. Furthermore, in Crimson Flower, she explains everything to Constance prior to the timeskip, making her one of three characters that is aware of what Edelgard endured. In these supports she shows a degree of patience not patience and understanding not present with similar noble characters.

4) Dorothea: Dorothea

5) She dotes on Lysithea but that is clearly as a surrogate sibling and thus inapplicable

6) Manuela: Their support is fairly platonic, but she still engages with more courtesy than some others

Men:

1) Ferdinand: frustrates the poo poo out of her unless he gets on-board with her ideology. Her initial support is spent mocking him. She has respect for his martial ability, but decidedly won’t hesitate to humiliate him in sparring if he could be a threat. She is pleased with his proposal of universal education, but if you think your boss going “nice job, guy. I’m impressed” is an inroad you need to reevaluate your perception of the workplace.

2) Caspar: edelgard flubbing her insight checks over and over. Their discussion is her failing to inspire political insight and him being the glorious weirdly wise himbo that he is. Even in their ‘A’ support Caspar, ‘with weird insight’ declares she is looking at him “normal”. I know when looking for inspiring chemistry in characters I strive for “normal”.

Linhardt: Like Manuela, this is a nearly entirely professional/ideological support. Edelgard recognizes his value and attempts to create a place for him in line with her ideology rather than force him into a box. Linhardt is actively exasperated with her until nearly the very end.

Hubert: Probably the least platonic of Edelgard’s male supports, but never really hit home. Hubert never expresses his more poetic or romantic side like you see in supports like FByleth (A), and it’s only after over a decade of servitude he agrees to be honest with her. Again, actively exasperated with him in his early interactions for how cagey and duplicitous he is being. Extra funny if he B supports Shamir after Edelgard.

Perhaps it is because I, myself, am a big homo fagman, but I found Edelgard emotionally supportive and nourishing with most her same-sex supports, and ranging from irritated to professional with her opposite sex supports.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I never did a run through of Three Houses after I finished the DLC so Three Hopes is my first real insight into the Ashen Wolves characters but they're all great with Hapi being the absolute stand out.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hapi is the absolute breakout character of Three Hopes

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i always feel bad about hapi because i mean to use her but there are just so many good mages in three houses and i always feel bad about benching any of my starting characters so she tends to end up in perpetual adjutant duty

especially considering if you recruit hapi you have* to recruit constance, and she's yet another Really Good Mage

*okay i mean technically you can recruit her by herself but you absolutely shouldn't, what are you a monster

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Eimi posted:

This reminds me that Marianne and Ingrid have a lovely support that is a bit of a redux of Ingrid’s Houses support with Bernadetta but with 1000% more horse girl energy. Ingrid is quite possibly the only person to hear Marianne admit to conversing with horses and say with all the sincerity in the world “this person is perfectly sane and I need to learn from her immediately, why is she running away from me”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DC Murderverse posted:

This reminds me that Marianne and Ingrid have a lovely support that is a bit of a redux of Ingrid’s Houses support with Bernadetta but with 1000% more horse girl energy. Ingrid is quite possibly the only person to hear Marianne admit to conversing with horses and say with all the sincerity in the world “this person is perfectly sane and I need to learn from her immediately, why is she running away from me”

Raphael does the same thing in Three Houses, only with birds.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Someone noticed that the "Apex Sword/Axe/Tome/etc" skills which say they increase crit damage actually DECREASE it currently. It's very easy to confirm for yourself with a quick test in the training arena. So... that's a skill slot freed up for a bunch of units I guess.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

good to see you back!

For content: much like 3 houses (hell, like every FE), all the best writing is in the supports

Nth-ing the sentiment that Petra is vastly improved and her Hubert B support is great. ferd is still the best, I wish Manuela had a couple extra supports, and every now and then I'm freshly struck by how ridiculous Jeritza's voice is. "This is part of me now" particularly stands out

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Hargrimm posted:

Someone noticed that the "Apex Sword/Axe/Tome/etc" skills which say they increase crit damage actually DECREASE it currently. It's very easy to confirm for yourself with a quick test in the training arena. So... that's a skill slot freed up for a bunch of units I guess.

lmfao that's some gen 1 pokemon bullshit

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

she radiates enough lesbian energy that im pretty sure if male byleth married her they wouldnt stay male for long
magic crest blood can probably be used as substitute hrt, right? :v:

This image makes no sense, huberts hot lol

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

mandatory lesbian posted:

This image makes no sense, huberts hot lol

I read that last line as, why the gently caress is this guy still single.
In retrospect that's not the usual reading of that line.

Edit: to be fair (to me) the Bert is so obviously the best I don't think I could spot opinions critical of him without it being pointed.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jul 10, 2022

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Hunt11 posted:

It varies on the route but essentially the map where the game screams at you that an important decision is up you have to finish without defeating Byleth. If you do so then you get both Byleth and Jeralt at the start of the next chapter.

Note that the requirements for that can also be tough depending on the route (I believe Golden Wildfire is the easiest to meet the recruitment conditions on), but there's a recurring element for each of them. Remember how the prologue had Jeralt's Mercenaries end the battle early because they had completed the actual objective that they were hired to do (and Byleth subsequently lets you go because it's nothing personal)? In the chapters where you can recruit Byleth and Jeralt, the requirements to recruit them essentially ends the battle because you distracted Byleth long enough to end the battle through the actual objective and without letting you yourself be distracted by your own personal rivalry with them.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mortal Savant Lysithea is certainly a thing :magical:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Omobono posted:

Mortal Savant Lysithea is certainly a thing :magical:

Her passive on any class that isn't mage is incredible. Make sure you pick up Thunderbrand (since it's her sword afterall :v:) Foundroyant Strike is incredible on Lysithea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Mortal Savant Lysithea being good is great news to me, because on my first Three Houses run that's exactly how I trained her so I wanted to do it again.