Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I assumed the Arlington Heights land was a sweetener for whatever billionaire buys the franchise when Virginia dies. The McCaskeys don't have the money to build a stadium and any Arlington Heights funded plan will be a second rate stadium.

Just can't fathom they'll do anything drastic at her age and can't fathom her failkids want to deal with it afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
Anybody know what Rex Grossman's up to these days? He kind of hung around the league longer than expected and seemed to follow wherever Kyle Shanahan went

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I was gonna say the most recent Chicago news I heard of him was selling his condo in trump tower at a big loss but Wikipedia is telling me that was in 2010 and I thought it was during his presidency (prez sexy rexy) so I have no idea, and gently caress time

e: think cutler may have had a similar situation more recently?

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 7, 2022

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Forrest on Fire posted:

Kyle Orton, Jay Cutler, Rex Grossman. The trinity of high play Chicago holds all QBs to

I will never forgive Da Bears for having both Rex "The Sex Cannon" Grossman and Nick "Big Dick Nick" Foles on the roster at various points but never at the same time. I don't care that Grossman wasn't any good by 2014, we were denied a powerful confluence of sexual energy.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I really wish every new stadium wasn't built specifically to host the Super Bowl two years later. It is a crime having the NFC North so domed.

I would be happier about the state of the Vikings' new stadium if it leaned into the whole thing harder. US Bank Stadium has points to recommend it, the transparent roof and front wall are neat party tricks, but from the outside it doesn't really look like anything. Except the roof, which is a hideous bank billboard.

I'd have loved to see it lean all the way into the Viking aesthetics. The big digital screen out front is mounted as the sail on a freakin' longship, for Pete's sake! Do more of that. Shape the roof like a Nordic hall. Give the interior carven aesthetics. A Valhalla of football. I'm sure this would get shot down for being corny and niche, but modern pro sports are already garish exaggerated cartoons of the games they play, and the culture around them is no different. If you're going to embrace that, and you should, I feel like you should go all the way.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 7, 2022

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I have to remind myself sometimes that Nick Foles won a superbowl

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Sinbad's Sex Tape posted:

Anybody know what Rex Grossman's up to these days? He kind of hung around the league longer than expected and seemed to follow wherever Kyle Shanahan went

He’s been out of football for over his decade, he and his wife run some company out of Florida doing hospital staffing or something like that

I’m happy for him, enjoy your life king

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Annoying, confusing, pretentious bullshit, but really really well executed. Just like Aaron.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Reminds me of Cloud Atlas (the book).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MikeCrotch posted:

I have to remind myself sometimes that Nick Foles won a superbowl

By beating Tom Brady, no less.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It was ordained.
I told you all.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/jacobinf...ustin-fields%2F

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CITY TO FIELDS: DROP BACK

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

to be fair, there is no footage of justin fields in a bears uniform when he is not being violently sacked

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Not gonna lie, I am endlessly amused by these videos. I am really looking forward to seeing all these guys on Hard Knocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2DWgcFdIaI

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 10, 2022

Kopitar
May 21, 2009

I'd like whatever he is smoking

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Kopitar posted:

By the time they play week 13, it'll be 5 years since Green Bay lost in Chicago. The Bears are due for their once-every-5-year win at home again GB.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Kopitar posted:

My spirit animal.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Last night I had a dream that the Vikings were 13-3 and playing in the playoffs, and when they received a punt in the 4th quarter of a close game, the returner just caught the ball and punted it back to the other team. I absolutely believe they could blow a playoff game in this way

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Last night I had a dream that the Vikings were 13-3 and playing in the playoffs, and when they received a punt in the 4th quarter of a close game, the returner just caught the ball and punted it back to the other team. I absolutely believe they could blow a playoff game in this way

if it makes you feel better, if they were 13-3 that was just a meaningless (probably) final game of the regular season

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

By the time they play week 13, it'll be 5 years since Green Bay lost in Chicago. The Bears are due for their once-every-5-year win at home again GB.

It's going to happpen.
Every bears head coach going back to Ditka beat GB in Chicago their first year.
Each of them.

Ditka didn't because of the strike. He did the next season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's not going to happen.

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
Green Bay is due for a 9-8 disappointing regular season

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

still win the north with that record, lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Green Bay is due for another one of their awful, heartbreaking 13-4 seasons.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Lions are winning the North! Jared Goff to the pro bowl!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kopitar posted:

He's in the like 4% of people who took the Bears over 6.5 wins.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

What if the Bears did the thing where they bring every football game to a grinding 17-14 halt, but they started actually winning them

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

GNU Order posted:

What if the Bears did the thing where they bring every football game to a grinding 17-14 halt, but they started actually winning them

DA BEARS WAY

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Man, I wish, whatever gets Rodgers to gently caress off.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

DA BEARS WAY

Feed the opposing team combination sausage/beefs from the local food scene. Slow down the opposition and don't skimp on tha giardiniera

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He's in the like 4% of people who took the Bears over 6.5 wins.

I'm very unsettled by him splitting with the Lions, but having them lose at home and win on the road. My gruntlement levels are plummeting.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GNU Order posted:

That is literally northwestern football

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

That is literally northwestern football

Chicago's big ten team!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Chicago's big ten team!

Chicago being the style of football. A deep dish of no scoring, turnovers, and inclement weather.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hey look they got Fields a WR

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1546965595794468867

Oh.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That seems like a nice low risk move. I mean I don't see him doing much but he has 1st round talent and the Patriots system didn't seem suited for him. Definitely worth the gamble.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah for that price it seems worthwhile to take a flyer on the guy.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Yesterday's calendar page celebrating a beautiful moment of the classic Lions/Bears rivalry

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Two dogs on the field?
Oh you meant the pooches. :dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

All I want for the Bears this season is for Justin Fields to start 17 regular season games.