Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Yeah but how much onion is *actually* in Cheese and Onion crisps? They taste like a long car journey that's too warm

idk but they put straight onion powder usually and that's like concentrated onion. burgers from the shops are also unsafe since it's always got onion powder.

never feed em onion

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Jul 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

He gets about 1/2 a crisp a bag and has done for several years. He's allergic to basically everything but the crisps don't set anything off.
Thank you for the warning though :)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
no judgement, I just found this out after a lifetime of having family dogs, then I finally got my own dog and decided to look it up. Onions, garlic, and grapes, all mega bad for them. I feel like everyone just talks about chocolate and never the other stuff.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Oh no, I absolutely appreciate anyone wanting to share knowledge about dangerous foods for animals.
The raisins/grapes thing is really freaky, like, most dogs will be OK if they eat a few but some will go into instant kidney failure and no-one knows why.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/OCyWQ77.mp4

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Pookah posted:

Oh no, I absolutely appreciate anyone wanting to share knowledge about dangerous foods for animals.
The raisins/grapes thing is really freaky, like, most dogs will be OK if they eat a few but some will go into instant kidney failure and no-one knows why.

"My Spanial is allergic to beef. There is a protein in it which causes his liver to shut down for about 2 weeks which means he can't eat till it recovers, so I have to keep at least two weeks worth of fat on him so if some idiot gives him a dog treat he won't die" is something I've said a good few hundred times to the people who just can't help themselves chiding me for having a overweight dog.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

learnincurve posted:

"My Spanial is allergic to beef. There is a protein in it which causes his liver to shut down for about 2 weeks which means he can't eat till it recovers, so I have to keep at least two weeks worth of fat on him so if some idiot gives him a dog treat he won't die" is something I've said a good few hundred times to the people who just can't help themselves chiding me for having a overweight dog.

Oh hell, that's tough.
My boy is allergic, in that eating the wrong stuff gives him diahorrea or an itchy rash, its not going to kill him outright.
Having to protect your pup from actually dying because people are too stupid to acknowledge he literally can't eat the stuff they want to give him has to be insanely frustrating :(
My previous dog had a lifelong heart condition that she was on daily medication for. She was so frail for her whole life, that when the vet came to put her to sleep at the age of 16, he was visibly startled when he felt her. The poor little old lady had about 2 days to survive on if she ever fell ill, she was just that thin.
She was a bossy, tough aul baggage of a dog and took no poo poo from anyone until she got very very old :unsmith:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We had a cat who passed in his sleep in his radiator hammock days before he would have broken the world's oldest cat record (at that time 36 years 1 day), for a good decade he was a skeleton with a grey cat skin draped over it. Slightly blind but other than that he never had trouble going the toilet or needed any medication, and his only real problem was that he was the offspring of a black moggie who got at a pedigree siamese and had the voice, only his voice went at about age 25 but he didn't seem to know this so he would silently mouth his wowling for food.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

learnincurve posted:

We had a cat who passed in his sleep in his radiator hammock days before he would have broken the world's oldest cat record (at that time 36 years 1 day), for a good decade he was a skeleton with a grey cat skin draped over it. Slightly blind but other than that he never had trouble going the toilet or needed any medication, and his only real problem was that he was the offspring of a black moggie who got at a pedigree siamese and had the voice, only his voice went at about age 25 but he didn't seem to know this so he would silently mouth his wowling for food.

Passing quietly in your sleep of extraordinary old age is about as good an end as any of us can hope for. That's a very fine kitty you had, and I'd happily give him gentle pats to help him on his way.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Thirty-Six? Good god! We had a long-haired cat my mom found somewhere a couple years before I was born. He lived to 22 and in fact was really thin for the last couple years. Died of kidney failure; vet who examined him before the euthanasia said his heart was strong.

It was weird having a cat older than me when I was in university. Towards the end, Mom reported that he started acting like a kitten, which was completely out of character for him.

That's Smokey, checking me out in 1962:

And 1967:

Travelled around the world with us and made it home seven years later.

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 03:02 on Jul 9, 2022

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/AZ86YNY.mp4

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That caracal rules.

He's like "ah scritches" then "DON'T TOUCH" then "ah scritches".

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://youtu.be/Le1GEAHnaGo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Servals are cute but you shouldn't have one as pets if you already have a dog, there's a chance instead of just posturing and vocalizing at each other noncute things will happen, and then it's off to the vet for both of them.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

Servals are cute but you shouldn't have one as pets if you already have a dog, there's a chance instead of just posturing and vocalizing at each other noncute things will happen, and then it's off to the vet for both of them.

Oh well excuse me.

*takes serval back to the store for a return*

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Lmao I'm sorry for this

https://i.imgur.com/g78CNQl.mp4

E: This is a warning to not put your cats in wheels without supervision and a one cat at a time policy. I might be in the OSHA thread too much

ILL Machina has a new favorite as of 09:21 on Jul 9, 2022

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ILL Machina posted:

Lmao I'm sorry for this

E: This is a warning to not put your cats in wheels without supervision and a one cat at a time policy. I might be in the OSHA thread too much

Oooohhhh nooooo

Lol

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Big cat being a jerk to kitten. But yeah those wheels are intended for a single cat at a time.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

maru's channel has some local mankeys having a super fun time in their back yard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Ro7smK1p4

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It always trips me out that Japan has native monkey populations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Kwyndig posted:

It always trips me out that Japan has native monkey populations.

Any time I think about how different the native fauna is outside of where I grew up (Western USA) I get weirded out. Of course, I'm sure other people would think sharing your metro area with moose would be terrifying. It's totally an artifact of the animals we grow up around being in the "normal" category while animals from other places are "weird".

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

FishFood posted:

Any time I think about how different the native fauna is outside of where I grew up (Western USA) I get weirded out. Of course, I'm sure other people would think sharing your metro area with moose would be terrifying. It's totally an artifact of the animals we grow up around being in the "normal" category while animals from other places are "weird".

mountain lions wander onto every college campus right

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Analytic Engine posted:

mountain lions cougars wander onto every college campus right

yes, hungry for the flesh of young men

edit look what i did to the quote, i already "fixed" it for the joke

IMJack has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Jul 10, 2022

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
One of my favorite things about running Rexie's page is that she gets random fanart sent to her sometimes :3:

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Analytic Engine posted:

mountain lions wander onto every college campus right

Here in SLC, absolutely: the University of Utah is up in the foothills of the Wasatch mountains so there's all kinds of animals wandering up there.

Here's some spotty baby mountain lion kitties
https://youtu.be/8iZiuW1SSk4

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Holy poo poo there was a follow-up....

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Holy balls. Gorgeous

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Can you repost the magic card art you got commissioned?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

IMJack posted:

You mean cougars

BaronVonVaderham posted:

:monocle:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

ILL Machina posted:

Can you repost the magic card art you got commissioned?

I didn't commission it, though. It's in a coloring book.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

FishFood posted:

Here in SLC, absolutely: the University of Utah is up in the foothills of the Wasatch mountains so there's all kinds of animals wandering up there.

Here's some spotty baby mountain lion kitties
https://youtu.be/8iZiuW1SSk4

Same at UC Santa Cruz where I went to school. It's not a cute story but it scared the poo poo out of me when I stumbled upon a half eaten deer while wandering around campus my first weekend of freshman year. I only actually saw a mountain lion on campus once though and that was a pretty awesome day.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

That’s a good name for a rat.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

IMJack posted:

PainterofCrap posted:

You mean cougars

The mountain lion—also known as the cougar, puma, panther, or catamount—is a large cat species native to the Americas. Mountain lions are large, tan cats. Their bodies are mainly covered in tawny-beige fur, except for the whitish-gray belly and chest.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Let us not forget the European Cougar, not to be confused with the French Maîtresse

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
it was a gougar

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar_(slang)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/misplacedcomma2/status/1545843758461095937?t=HtQOQZI1ZPJKt6D2AteMRg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

stereobreadsticks posted:

Same at UC Santa Cruz where I went to school. It's not a cute story but it scared the poo poo out of me when I stumbled upon a half eaten deer while wandering around campus my first weekend of freshman year.

Feral banana slugs