Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
was just able to watch. what a weird race and so many penalties. lmao. what the hell is going on?!

Cirofren posted:

Charles's car is also too passionate and doesn't want to stop accelerating

:lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

the penalty was 100% about some useless bullshit like "Didn't wear a Pirelli cap for the required 2 minutes before venturing on to the podium"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Skarsnik posted:

All three DQ, mick gets on the podium

:foksmash:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The quantity of track limits penalties today needs to be fixed by changing the circuit. Put a more aggressive kerb out there, add a strip of gravel, whatever. The way it is currently is stupid.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

The quantity of track limits penalties today needs to be fixed by changing the circuit. Put a more aggressive kerb out there, add a strip of gravel, whatever. The way it is currently is stupid.

Are there other circuits where the racing line is basically clearly off the track to this extent?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1546184545598316545

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Thanks Ants posted:

Yeah this. If everyone is getting warnings and penalties the problem is the track not the drivers.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If I was one of the best drivers in the world I'd simply not drive off the track

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bip Roberts posted:

Are there other circuits where the racing line is basically clearly off the track to this extent?

La Source at Spa, to an extent

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thanks Ants posted:

This plus it encourages the idiotic behavior where you can just force someone off the track consequence free

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

La Source at Spa, to an extent

Bahrain always had that corner that was quicker to just run wide on until they changed it a few years back.

I remember Kimi running wide literally every single lap.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress happened to Mick but he's looking like a completely different driver.

TBF last year his only point of reference was loving Mazaspin. He’s now got an honest to god real teammate to lead on setups and benchmark himself against - how much could he have realistically learned before?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

serious gaylord posted:

Bahrain always had that corner that was quicker to just run wide on until they changed it a few years back.

I remember Kimi running wide literally every single lap.
Alonso did his standard "well the rules are stupid" thing by hanging it out around the outside in Sochi to prove a point

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

:nodshead::hai:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is there a reason why the drivers eat the suspended fine for their physios coming up to them in parc fermé, rather than the teams? Or are the physios contracted by the drivers and so their responsibility?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

PWHOAR BIG CHARLES DOES IT AGAIN FOR THE SCUDERIA. 🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I can feel your passion from here

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Is there a reason why the drivers eat the suspended fine for their physios coming up to them in parc fermé, rather than the teams? Or are the physios contracted by the drivers and so their responsibility?

i was googling around and found articles from 2013 where FIA got mad at physios before, and back then they weren't counted against the 60 man limit for the whole team, idk if that's still true but i assume so with this fine

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
This has got to be a meme template.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Good race. Too bad checo wasn’t on the podium in max’s place.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I’ll be wearing my Haas F1 team shirt to work tomorrow

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cimber posted:

the photog got there before the Marshals. you can see him up the hill in the tv coverage.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Cimber posted:

This has big Bottas looking back potential. If only he'd turned and stared at the camera man

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It looks like "our marshal post is on a steep hill and a car has stopped by it" is an area that requires more training

scarface11d
Nov 12, 2010
So is 3rd the best Hamilton is going to get in a GP this season?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

No he's going to win in Spa

Edit: Someone mentioned they wanted to see this again

https://i.imgur.com/EoEe6b5.mp4

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Yeah I feel like sir Lewis has a win in him this season

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Give him the finger

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alonso is too good for us.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah I feel like sir Lewis has a win in him this season

I agree, Sir Lewis will reach the top step. I hope it happens after both Ferrari's and Red Bulls have issues too.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Once the cheating floors are banned He Will Rise

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

net work error posted:

I agree, Sir Lewis will reach the top step. I hope it happens after both Ferrari's and Red Bulls have issues too.

Yeah no way Lewis wins on his own merit

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I finally watched it and that F2 race was silly. Top ten and bottom ten basically swapped places 6 laps in, then Sargeant going P4 -> P1 post race thanks to penalties

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

weird bigoted swamp dwellers, basically the second worst colonial power after max's other nationality, belgium

Silverstone was last week

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Haas Power! :foksmash:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Hey Pragmatica, how many emails have you had today from fans at the Austrian Grand Prix?

Also literally gently caress these shithead stewards and race directors into the sun, they are absolutely loving tiktoked.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kirios posted:

Alonso is too good for us.

He's not quite as good at running up the entire grid the way Perez is but at least he finished the race.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah did Red Bull retire Perez because they couldn't see him getting to the points or was he carrying damage that made saving the engine more important?

I'd feel more bad for Checo when he has off weekends but then I'm reminded he joined Red Bull so the only shot at a win he's going to get is when all the plans to get Max ahead of him have failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

He had a big hole in the car