Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I looked through the replies and the one thing that stood out to me because I have brain worms was the phrase "The Puffer Incident." I think we need a film about the puffer incident whatever it may be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
The Puffer incident is from after I left the fandom but it's good to know it's still a toxic mess

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I think I'm less interested in what it acutally was, but what it could be. Anyone here want to pen a screenplay called The Puffer Incident? Make it your own.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DoctorWhat posted:

Is this about the loving GoBots vandal who keeps accusing Chris McFeely of racism?

The what now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

The Puffer incident is from after I left the fandom but it's good to know it's still a toxic mess

Either say something concrete or shut the gently caress up.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The Puffer incident was a guy posting the first leaked images of Golden Disc Puffer 4chan's /toy/ board but covering it with the N-Word so heavily to make sure it couldn't be reposted or reported on

Dabir posted:

Is it anything to do with this?

https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1545866663848984580

The guy is in the replies if you scroll down enough, and he seems like a fuckin' psycho.

The guy, Athena, is a total dickhead. He's been melting down constantly on /toy/ for months and months(if not a year) because it's the only place he can post without getting permabanned. If you've ever been on /toy/ and seen a terrible post containing a combination of any of the following; epic, wholesome, chungus, fwoosh, robo, :o, six inch, heckin, americans can't make toys; then that's him trying to stir poo poo. He's been trying to break into the 3P TF scene for yonks but he's so caustic no one wants to work with him and he really clearly has a cheap on his shoulder about people who have managed to get their own stuff made(see his fixation on fwoosh for Articulated Icons).

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dabir posted:

Is it anything to do with this?

https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1545866663848984580

The guy is in the replies if you scroll down enough, and he seems like a fuckin' psycho.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ArtAthena2/status/1545886914536157184
"French and English have different phonology therefore I am not racist also am very smart" - :byodood:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

War and Pieces posted:

In plain and explicit language, articulate with examples what your issue is with the wiki and its userbase. Either do that or leave.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

The what now.

Okay so there's this guy who keeps/kept vandalizing the wiki over a perceived bias against the Go-Bots. Among other stupidities he insists on removing any primary-source quotes from fictional characters that disparage go-bots characters and insists that anti-gobot sentiment is racially motivated.

https://twitter.com/chrismcfeely/status/1545889021842309124?t=pTyBtnK4J1IdW6_2Edlu4A&s=19

https://twitter.com/chrismcfeely/status/1545890995384057862?t=ZwM2jv90dF1INQzgcNEtEQ&s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There’s Asian mythology about robot rocks?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

No there isn't! It's a purely mercenary lie to try and shame the wiki into not making disparaging remarks about the Go-Bots.

(The wiki has already removed its unfunny editorial disparaging remarks about the Go-Bots. The vandal in question refuses to recognize context or sarcasm with regards to the Go-Bots.)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There was a person on the TF Wiki named DrSpengler who WAS super against Japanese characters and did a bunch of embellished and derogatory-sounding articles about a lot of them, but they’re gone now and the wiki is working to rewrite said articles.

Unsurprisingly they turned out to be a racist, xenophobic MAGA chud.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I wish the silent hill foreskin guy hadn't been the very first wiki drama I had ever heard of. Everything else has been so boring by comparison

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Not to derail the wiki talk too much, but someone mentioned that G2 Ramjet was cool so I bought one.

He is cool.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Joe Fisto posted:

Not to derail the wiki talk too much, but someone mentioned that G2 Ramjet was cool so I bought one.

He is cool.

That's pretty rad!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Indeed, tubular

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I love the times new roman font for his name, I don't understand the reference but it's funny anyway

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
His colours are great, and more bots need to be in 90s neons. When the inevitable Thunderclash happens, they need to embrace the hot pink like the 3P companies have been afraid to.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Give us Action Master Thundercracker you cowards.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

He is cool.

He really is very cool

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Those colors are :krad:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

His colours are great, and more bots need to be in 90s neons. When the inevitable Thunderclash happens, they need to embrace the hot pink like the 3P companies have been afraid to.
I have such high hopes for Thunderclash that I think at this point they are basically impossible to meet. I want his colours to be so neon that when you look at other bots afterwards they seem dimmer because your cones are tired.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I shouldn’t have clicked into this thread again… that Transmetal Megatron looks so good!!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

flavor.flv posted:

I wish the silent hill foreskin guy hadn't been the very first wiki drama I had ever heard of. Everything else has been so boring by comparison

I don’t care if it’s off topic, I *have* to know more. pM me if you must in order to not disrupt the thread I guess.

In actual toy news, I got Legacy Jhiaxus and SS AoE Galvatron, both courtesy of Amazon.

I broke out my old AoE Galvatron and he’s a little bigger and his sculpting is, like, totally different. Aside from having a hole in his chest (and even that is a different shape) and his head shape, his molded detail is totally different, head to toe. I don’t know which one is actually “screen accurate”.

SS Galvatron’s chest is really “flat” though, it’s kind of weird. I haven’t transformed him or Jhiaxus yet, but I did transform the old AoE Galvatron into a truck so I can compare him with the new one. I had forgotten how much of it was “the entire truck cab is on his back, folds his arms into it, you’re done”. Like it gets the job done, even if his legs are totally exposed but it’s not really any more egregious than, say, most Optimus Primes out there.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Was anybody at TFCon in Mississauga? Got there late Friday, left early Sunday not because I ran out of money but ran out of things I really wanted. I was expecting a huge display from The Chosen Prime but they didn't show up this time - I was in Baltimore in October and their display was huge. Not that I'm in the market for them, but there weren't a lot of MP anywhere (a lot of 3P though) and even with the exchange rate things still felt expensive. I'm working on gathering more SS86 figures (and ones that would look good with them) and I think I got the best deals though. I was cool to meet Vince DiCola and Paul Davids, a G1 cartoon production coordinator, had for sale 35mm film strips of the work print of "Cosmic Rust" which he wrote. A very cool piece of history you can't find anywhere else. He had a bunch of story bibles, storyboards, and other production items from the show to look through. Very cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ll be at the Chicago TFcon in October with a few other goons!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The previous TFcon was in December so maybe a lot of people skipped this one (me)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Xenomrph posted:

I don’t care if it’s off topic, I *have* to know more. pM me if you must in order to not disrupt the thread I guess.

It is extremely off topic, so I'm just going to drop a link: https://archive.ph/X0gkm

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

flavor.flv posted:

It is extremely off topic, so I'm just going to drop a link: https://archive.ph/X0gkm

Holy LOL is this a pro click.

Every sentence I read makes me happier with my life choices.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tighclops posted:

I love the times new roman font for his name, I don't understand the reference but it's funny anyway

There's no reference other than the original G2 Ramjet also had his name below the cockpit in a serif font

Some of the other G2 recolors wore their own names as well - Jazz, Sideswipe, and Optimus for sure, though not the Dinobots in any of their colors, and I couldn't find one on Inferno or Starscream

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You forgot the best one.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

There's no reference other than the original G2 Ramjet also had his name below the cockpit in a serif font

Some of the other G2 recolors wore their own names as well - Jazz, Sideswipe, and Optimus for sure, though not the Dinobots in any of their colors, and I couldn't find one on Inferno or Starscream

Thanks! I knew having the name of the faction printed on the figures was a G2 thing but aside from the famous sticker'd bots I wasn't aware having their own names printed on them happened outside of the Transmetals from BW. What a weird affectation to fall in and out of favour.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TR Roadburn and Ramhorn just arrived in my mail! Ramhorn is ever so slightly disappointing just because he really doesn't want to stay in in beast mode, when Shuffler holds together just fine. Still, he's neat enough. I'm considering trying to get the full set of Autobot Titan Masters. Kapow Toys has a set of all four in wave 2, but I'm not sure about that since I'm not too fussed about getting Apeface and Skytread. Not the end of the world to have them on my shelf looking neat, I guess.

Roadburn is... I can see why people might not accept this as their definitive Bumblebee, especially now the Netflix one is around. It's a little bit scrappy and fiddly, arms are less than stellar, and the Titan Master integration seems kinda pointless seeing how you can't even tell it's in there when it's all closed back up. But his face! If I didn't have such terrible hand eye coordination, I'd consider getting one of those fine-tipped gunpla panel lining pens just to colour in his shades, handlebar stache and goatee.

Putting him next to Core-class Bumblebee, it's kinda making me feel even more ripped off by it than the Spike figure already did. Roadburn is so much more substantial and solid. Bigger vehicle, better arms, no wheel arch wings getting in the way of things. And he's in scale with the Deluxe minibot mold from ER, which is nice. The legs are almost identical aside from size. About the only thing Core Bumblebee has over him is that Bee has his own gun that disappears into the vehicle mode in a pretty nice way, and Bee has a mid-thigh swivel that Roadburn manages not to need.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 11, 2022

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The KO Hulkies from Aliexpress arrived this morning, and they're well worth the price. One of the two Scrapper's has a wonky bucket arm which will probably snap off if I force it, so I might try wiggle the pin out and either re-drill the hole or just carve off the detail that blocks motion. It's not exactly a big deal though, since it sits fine in robot mode and doesn't really matter at all for combined mode. Just looks a bit weird that the vehicle can't do the thing it is supposed to do. I'm sure the yellow version will have one weird problem for one of the other bots to compensate, but for the price of a legit Legends class figure this was a great buy. Now to spend the same again on shipping to get faction logos for them!

ETA: okay, combining them into Devastator has brought another problem to light. It was fixable, but if you aren't the kind of nerd to have model building tools on your desk at all times it may piss you off. TL;DR: Hook basically lost a whole leg due to how a pin was shittily placed, some cutting and glueing was required to fix him.

ETA2: fixed the problem with Scrapper's bucket. A little stiff still, but at least it works fine now. This was a good experience fixing stuff I wouldn't dare try fix on an expensive toy.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 11, 2022

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Xenomrph posted:

In actual toy news, I got Legacy Jhiaxus and SS AoE Galvatron, both courtesy of Amazon.

I broke out my old AoE Galvatron and he’s a little bigger and his sculpting is, like, totally different. Aside from having a hole in his chest (and even that is a different shape) and his head shape, his molded detail is totally different, head to toe. I don’t know which one is actually “screen accurate”.

SS Galvatron’s chest is really “flat” though, it’s kind of weird. I haven’t transformed him or Jhiaxus yet, but I did transform the old AoE Galvatron into a truck so I can compare him with the new one. I had forgotten how much of it was “the entire truck cab is on his back, folds his arms into it, you’re done”. Like it gets the job done, even if his legs are totally exposed but it’s not really any more egregious than, say, most Optimus Primes out there.

I transformed SS Galvatron and to be honest I’m not impressed. He’s a lot smaller in vehicle mode than his older AoE counterpart, his transformation is a fiddly pain in the rear end, he’s got some really egregious robot kibble in the bed of the truck that isn’t there in the older version, and the truck mode has less sculpted details than the old version. The robot mode is marginally better than the old one but not at the expense of the bad transformation and lackluster truck mode.

Not a fan, I think I’m going to return him.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Pretty impressive fan film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPWnVuIHv8M

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Prepare to blown!
Away!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The Last Call posted:

Prepare to blown!
Away!

Ummm how does it transform where do you put the trigger

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Next week? It is Walmart after all.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1546838774776320001?s=21&t=dLdFOMkIZCq5LyVEv18WNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Is Road Rage an Iguanus retool? I kinda want that Cosmos and Burnout..