Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Martman posted:

Final Fantasy XIV (All Fish Caught)

This is the most unhealthy gaming task I've ever taken on, and I've done plenty of grindy MMO bullshit. I still love this game but I really want to ease off of any video game stuff that requires you to adjust your real life schedule based on what's happening in the game.

There's a fish in this game, Ealad Skaan, that is often unavailable for days of IRL time, sometimes over a week between windows, and when it's up it's available for literally 90 seconds. And during that time there's about a 1% chance of your casts actually getting it. And it's far from the hardest fish to catch in the game (well, probably top 20 out of over a thousand).

Still felt super satisfying to get 'em all though.

loving Sick. Imp Static crushes FSH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Congratulations Mamkute *looks at username* what the

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Mamkute playing Zelda, imps going fishing, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Martman posted:

This is the most unhealthy gaming task I've ever taken on, and I've done plenty of grindy MMO bullshit. I still love this game but I really want to ease off of any video game stuff that requires you to adjust your real life schedule based on what's happening in the game.

There's a fish in this game, Ealad Skaan, that is often unavailable for days of IRL time, sometimes over a week between windows, and when it's up it's available for literally 90 seconds. And during that time there's about a 1% chance of your casts actually getting it. And it's far from the hardest fish to catch in the game (well, probably top 20 out of over a thousand).

I got em all too although it was pretty easy and only took about 2 hours

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

Martman posted:

thats some pro poo poo

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology - Really good for a low budget game. Unfortunately Atlus nerfed the gold drop rate massively and increased a bunch of prices compared to the original release so it's very grindy (without the gold farming dlc ;))

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Martman posted:

Didn't realize I'd click the thread open and witness God today

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Pathless - True Ending

Absolutely phenomenal, 10/10 game. Can't believe I waited this long to finally play it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

METAL GEAR 2. code name: zebra

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. The backtracking drove me nuts sometimes and enemy field of vision could occasionally feel off but otherwise it was a very fun game, and it was cool to see how many ideas Kojima had that would be refined and reused later in the MGS series. I got code-named "Deer" again so I guess that's just my natural speed for these games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dirty Drivin', Voodoo, local high score.

Family vacation at a resort and they had a garbage arcade, lol. I saw one of the sega key crane games in the wild. my four year old won himself a dinosaur and a rocket ship in the capsule prizes you can get for tickets

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma

very trippy game. and with this i bid a fond and temporary farewell to pre-2000s gaming while i play stuff on my new series x

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Metal Gear [MSX port]

super good retro game. some rough edges but nothing that really stands out as especially bad for the time. first boss who introduced himself to me was a dude named shotmaker and he had a shotgun - badass.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

1. Rift Wizard
2. Grand Cross Renovation
3. Doom 64
4. Elden Ring
5. Rolling Gunner Overpower
6. Sekiro
7. Blazing Chrome
8. Contra Hard Corps
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. RimWorld
11. Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
12. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
13. Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
14. Deadly Premonition 2
15. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Normal, C Rank. Lost once to Armstrong. Fun.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

50) Evan's Remains

What a bizarre game. The pixel art was good and the gameplay wasn't even that bad, but the story was weird as poo poo. And not weird in a 'whoa so much symbology what does it mean'-type way, I mean, like, in a 'why would someone want to tell this story' type way.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

50) Evan's Remains

What a bizarre game. The pixel art was good and the gameplay wasn't even that bad, but the story was weird as poo poo. And not weird in a 'whoa so much symbology what does it mean'-type way, I mean, like, in a 'why would someone want to tell this story' type way.

i remember this specifically cause i got an ad for it on youtube when on my phone and the sprite art looked fantastic. thats a shame.

anyway
Metal Gear 1:

Didnt have that great a time. labyrinthine levels, annoying keycard juggling, completely psychotic progression blockers (call jennifer on this one particular room to get a rocket launcher, then call her again on this other room to unlock the door), forced encounters where you gotta be shot at while you shoot down an electricity panel, the second buildings elevators having one that only goes up, another that only goes down, etc etc etc.
Despite all that its a great first entry and you can tell how many cool ideas were packed in this thing, its just that the execution of a lot of it is pretty annoying. Cant wait to try 2

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

11. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

6. metal gear: ghost babel

just a sick game. the conveyor belt and the computer room were both annoying but they can’t take away how good this game is. wish i’d gotten it when i was a kid, but glad to have caught up now.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ArfJason posted:

i remember this specifically cause i got an ad for it on youtube when on my phone and the sprite art looked fantastic. thats a shame.

anyway
Metal Gear 1:

Didnt have that great a time. labyrinthine levels, annoying keycard juggling, completely psychotic progression blockers (call jennifer on this one particular room to get a rocket launcher, then call her again on this other room to unlock the door), forced encounters where you gotta be shot at while you shoot down an electricity panel, the second buildings elevators having one that only goes up, another that only goes down, etc etc etc.
Despite all that its a great first entry and you can tell how many cool ideas were packed in this thing, its just that the execution of a lot of it is pretty annoying. Cant wait to try 2

I got it for free in a bundle and the 2 hours or so I took to beat it i felt was the appropriate 'price' of playing the game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

19) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Tarantula Rank)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (100%, Mei Ling unlocked)
Metal Gear (Deer)
Metal Gear 2 (also Deer)

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

13. Neon White (All gifts and all Ace medals)

Super fun game although the story is kind of annoying. It's a first person platformer/shooter where each gun you pick up can be cashed in for a movement ability, and there's an emphasis on speedrunning and finding shortcuts through the levels. Once you understand the mechanics you can really blast through the levels, and if you have a couple other people playing you can compare times on the leaderboard in game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the looker. lmfao everyone play this

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i keep thinkin about the ship nd deepak chopra audio logs and losing my poo poo lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

its great

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i keep thinkin about the ship nd deepak chopra audio logs and losing my poo poo lmao

that and when you enter the library, see the vtmb ghost walk by, then the shotgun comes up

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt posted:

that and when you enter the library, see the vtmb ghost walk by, then the shotgun comes up

that was insane lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

mbt posted:

those both made me lol hard, as did getting an achievement for frying my sight through the telescope pointed at the sun

and inversely, had a patented extremely calm freakout during Snek before i realized there was a pattern, when i was meticulously clicking pixel by pixel and only traveling along the edge of the puzzle, only for like the second-to-last E to spawn inside part of the border i made

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

lmfao tht was absolutely incredible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

those both made me lol hard, as did getting an achievement for frying my sight through the telescope pointed at the sun

and inversely, had a patented extremely calm freakout during Snek before i realized there was a pattern, when i was meticulously clicking pixel by pixel and only traveling along the edge of the puzzle, only for like the second-to-last E to spawn inside part of the border i made

lmao yeh snek and th second to last puzzle were bullshit. my god thr last puzzle and dialogue/the ending sequence though lmfao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

symbolic posted:

lmfao I forgot about this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao the obelisk of knowledge. and then "i was in a coma dis whole tim!" what a perfect ending

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

The last puzzle was unbelievably good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

god ui forgot my favorite gag other than the ones people already said, the old hobo hint button in th trash and its tale. incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Clu Clu Land

I beat level 20, after which the speed resets and the patterns repeat. I don't think this is quite the place to call it, as it adds an extra rule that you need to pass over each gem an odd number of times, but this is what TMR used so I guess it counts well enough.