Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I mean it kinda is

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

video games .., are bad

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Antigravitas posted:

I usually find either:

DenverCoder9
A post made by myself, 10 years ago, having the same issue, unresolved
An MS dipshit asking if someone tried SFC /SCANNOW and closing the thread as solved

In rare cases I get a mailing list archive where the creator of the thing I'm having an issue with goes into a multi-paragraph explanation of what's going on, how it's not in their code, how to fix it, with a patch attached. That's when I weep.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

I mean it kinda is

case closed

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Now someone make the crab spin the minnow then sheath it on his back like Cloud Strife with the FF7 battle victory theme playing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that someone... is you! congratulations. we expect great things

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tenkaris posted:

Now someone make the crab spin the minnow then sheath it on his back like Cloud Strife with the FF7 battle victory theme playing

I thought he had a joint at first.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

that someone... is you! congratulations. we expect great things

Well I hope you're ready to wait a while. I'm busy walking dogs in Texas 🥵 Got to love being a wage slave during a crazy heatwave!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I hate to tell the meme that Millenials were deffo born when the song was released.

Old enough to hear it and care at the time of birth? No.

But lol if your’re a millenial and DIDN’T have a Metallica phase in the 90s. That’s like not having the album Framptom Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of Tide.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I was 5 when Master of Puppets was released, and coincidentally that's the exact age you should be to enjoy Metallica.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If gen z are old enough to condescendingly lecture that it's a prog metal album beautifully juxtapositioned between their immature thrash era and their cringey hard rock era theyre old enough to listen to it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Imagine gatekeeping the grandpa napster band

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Anime Liker posted:

because it was in a netflix show of all things

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

I swear dude falls asleep at his moog

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

dialhforhero posted:

I hate to tell the meme that Millenials were deffo born when the song was released.

But lol if your’re a millenial and DIDN’T have a Metallica phase in the 90s. That’s like not having the album Framptom Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of Tide.

The only Metalica phase I had was playing football in highschool and having to watch at least three highlight videos that all began with "GIMME FUEL GIMME FAH GIMME DATWHICHDAWAZAH"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

dialhforhero posted:

Sad.

But true.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I git into them around 5th/6th grade myself. Lasted till 9th grade.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Enter Sandmans pretty good

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hihohe posted:

Enter Sandmans pretty good

Man me a sand

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

hard hitting reality

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Having kids is immoral.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Well someone has to be around to feed the feral cannibal marauders

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The best thing about master of puppets is watching people play guitar hero when it speeds up every time "master" is said

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

dialhforhero posted:

I mean a few of them were born i suppose, but i am gen x by most breakdowns of generational cohorts that I've looked at and i was 7 years old when that album came out so i assume that the overwhelming majority of millennials were not yet born in 1986

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

dialhforhero posted:

I git into them around 5th/6th grade myself. Lasted till 9th grade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmi9QuqiHE

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

dialhforhero posted:

My brother's a millennial and the first dance song at his wedding was nothing else matters.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Master of Puppets is good when it's going CANNOT KILL THE BATTERY and bad when it's doing other stuff. I've never listened to Peter frampton but he was great in the simpsons. Goodbye

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

its all nice on rice posted:

My brother's a millennial and the first dance song at his wedding was nothing else matters.

This sucks so bad. I'm going to the supreme court to get his marriage overturned

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

dialhforhero posted:

Sorry to break it to you Mr. Myers, but a bunch of millennials weren't born before march 86.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Anime Liker posted:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Anime Liker posted:

Who are you to gatekeep gatekeeping?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Millennials and Xers are united in their love of St. Anger, the greatest musical achievment of our time

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Facts. Stranger Things deserves a lot of chirping but the needle drops are one of the handful of things they do well, so let them loving have it. Ever seen the Fear Street bullshit on Netflix? The needle drops in that are loving aggressive and hack as poo poo.

Yeah Metallica is some "underground" choice the same way "Hot Topic" is but like, come on loving Spinal Tap was already making jokes about that two years before Master of Puppets even came out so maybe get the gently caress over it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSDrT_eDhk

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Metallica are fine. They're fine.

Lars is the worst drummer though. Just dogshit, how-did-you-get-famous, pitting his tom heads because they're tilted at a 45-degree angle, can't even keep the loving beats he wrote, newsboy-cap-wearin'-rear end Danish gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

During the recording of ride the lightning they actually started to teach Lars to play drums. Maybe one day they'll finish.