Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine spending even a small amount of money to make real life memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Invalid Validation posted:

Imagine spending even a small amount of money to make real life memes.

I'd spend a small amount of money for a Dat boy Frog toy

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

MettleRamiel posted:

I'm always amazed that no matter how unhinged people in America are, they still make absolulty sure to not swear.

We get american tourists here all the time and they'll get off the cruise ship wearing their thin blue line or white lives matter shirts and the second they hear someone casually say "gently caress" they give an angry glare and storm off or scream that they'll never shop here again when it was clearly a customer they overheard.

I even once had a chud come up to a group of us smoking and tell us that we need to stop using that kind of foul language in front of his wife. Like, were weren't saying sexist poo poo or nothing, just using the gently caress word too many times.

We just laughed at his silly rear end until he waddled away.

It seems like certain sectors of America are just like that. They'll say the most heinous, provocative stuff possible, but the moment you snap back with an expletive, that's beyond the pale.

They act like using a dirty word is a moral failing, above any actions you can take. A lot of the cruelest exhanges I've had have been the most polite.

I hate it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

DicktheCat posted:

It seems like certain sectors of America are just like that. They'll say the most heinous, provocative stuff possible, but the moment you snap back with an expletive, that's beyond the pale.

They act like using a dirty word is a moral failing, above any actions you can take. A lot of the cruelest exhanges I've had have been the most polite.

I hate it.

They believe in loving magic. They believe the Bible is literally true. Taking the lords name in vain is verboten and they apply that kind of rules based framework to real things. But if they say gosh that’s somehow going to fool the omnipotent omniscient creator. The explanation is so stupid and so obvious it feels like it can’t be true, but it is.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

pseudanonymous posted:

They believe in loving magic. They believe the Bible is literally true. Taking the lords name in vain is verboten and they apply that kind of rules based framework to real things. But if they say gosh that’s somehow going to fool the omnipotent omniscient creator. The explanation is so stupid and so obvious it feels like it can’t be true, but it is.

they're just like anime otaku, living in a fantasy version of reality. it's literally the same poo poo. they're broken people with nothing else but fiction to guide them.

hence the anime/infocar constant crossover.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

i don't know quite what's going on here, but i'm sure it's not good

Saints Row, bitches!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I can't hate that kind of determination.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
in what sort of dangerous circumstances is one sucking toes because it should not normally lead to death

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

precision posted:

in what sort of dangerous circumstances is one sucking toes because it should not normally lead to death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-and-mouth_disease

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

precision posted:

It sounds like someone doesn’t understand what true commitment is like.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I may not like what you have to say, but I will die for your rights to eat rear end.

e,:

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 7, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

edit: this one looks familiar, may have been posted before

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'd spend a small amount of money for a Dat boy Frog toy
Oh poo poo whatup?

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

the "offended? guess what, nobody cares" bumper sticker on a car covered in insane grievances is just... :discourse:

Professor Spatula
Apr 16, 2007
I appreciate him putting Obama’s first initial so we don’t get confused.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Here's where they might fail:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm sure I would have remembered COPPUPT

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Honestly surprised they spelled "Serial killer" right

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

This person 100% uses a selfie with sunglasses on from inside that truck as their avatar

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well poo poo, they actually sourced their stuff.

So let me just find "page 12 of Pfizer's own documents" and I'll blow this poo poo wide open.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cool, I know one of the 4 babies that survived the Pfizer trial.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

sounds to me like we're building better babies back.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

recently tapped into listening to HAM radio online, cause I was curious what I would hear. It's like the infocar of communication. rambling old men going off about obscure equipment, health problems, and liberals. but one thing they all seem to agree on is they're not gonna live much longer so who cares...which I wish they would hold onto that idea long enough to stop being insane in public, they won't.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

recently tapped into listening to HAM radio online, cause I was curious what I would hear. It's like the infocar of communication. rambling old men going off about obscure equipment, health problems, and liberals. but one thing they all seem to agree on is they're not gonna live much longer so who cares...which I wish they would hold onto that idea long enough to stop being insane in public, they won't.

I wonder if there is anyone on the planet with a ham radio setup who is under the age of 25

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
whoop, was just about to say what you just said, but try 45.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I got my amateur radio license last year I think (I got 35 out of 35 in a pool of like 400 questions :smug:). I don't even have a decent radio but I've tapped into a repeater and listened to a meet between some 70+ year olds and one guy was obsessed with Peppa Pig or something and everyone else was getting tired of it. I think one guy said some anti-lib poo poo and it just got silent so he didn't continue on. I haven't listened to anything since but it would be nice to pick up a radio and try to gently caress around. I don't understand anything about radios even though I got my license though. And they're expensive.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Kinda love this one:

https://twitter.com/btownmoose/status/1546270327512223745?s=20&t=UOqTnNvwPcCH2-oUKAflNA

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

whoop, was just about to say what you just said, but try 45.

I got my amateur radio license last year I think (I got 35 out of 35 in a pool of like 400 questions :smug:). I don't even have a decent radio but I've tapped into a repeater and listened to a meet between some 70+ year olds and one guy was obsessed with Peppa Pig or something and everyone else was getting tired of it. I think one guy said some anti-lib poo poo and it just got silent so he didn't continue on. I haven't listened to anything since but it would be nice to pick up a radio and try to gently caress around. I don't understand anything about radios even though I got my license though. And they're expensive.

yeah just listen online, no equipment required.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

that evil wizard sticker goes so hard.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

LifeSunDeath posted:

yeah just listen online, no equipment required.

Yeah but then I don't get to play with electronics (and fail).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"how does an engine even work?" is pretty good

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I like that bumper sticker even more now since it reminds me of this every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2vejhdm8lo

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DicktheCat posted:

I hate it.
The rule is:

They can tell you what to do.
You can't tell them what to do.

The rest is commentary

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

rotinaj posted:

I wonder if there is anyone on the planet with a ham radio setup who is under the age of 25

Yes but they're either comm or sigint nerds in the military

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
There was a bus plastered in Trump poo poo cruising around my hometown a while back but I never got a picture of it. Instead have a picture that made me laugh.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Chicken Thumbs posted:

There was a bus plastered in Trump poo poo cruising around my hometown a while back but I never got a picture of it. Instead have a picture that made me laugh.

Lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Chicken Thumbs posted:

GOTTEM LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chicken Thumbs posted:

Powerful.