Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bruceski posted:

Every once in a while when in a group fighting I'll hear an odd sound, https://onlinesequencer.net/2695104 that doesn't feel common/regular enough to be someone's ability, and oddly pierces through all the other sound effects/music. Anyone happen to recognize it?

It's been moinths but I found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc4w0AXWcnI&t=60s the distorted "of tomorrow" is very loud and piercing and different from the rest so I didn't parse it as part of the soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Thundarr posted:

This was incredible, but in the time it took me to watch it once to copying the link to post elsewhere, it was made age restricted?

Are you saying that Zenos is appropriate for all ages?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

HackensackBackpack posted:

I absolutely love that Luke Allen-Gale is up for anything.

Not actually Luke Allen-Gale that time but a very good voice copy.

I loving love that video though; "The ocean is so far, but I know what it means to RISE from the syrupy dark depths to the still, still waters above."

edit: Nope, I'm wrong, it is LAG, I misinterpreted cameo: sometwitteruser as they did a Cameo recording, as opposed to the actual definition of cameo.

Epi Lepi fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 11, 2022

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's absolutely bizarre seeing a Tumblr shitpost about Boba tea become... that.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

:five:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So, weird question.

A bunch of RPers are getting caught up in saying that GMs are handing out bans for mods or carrd links. Nobody's actually SAID they've been banned for this, all reports are second or third-hand, but this one struck me as especially curious.

Can GMs even run checksums on someone's client? That doesn't even seem like it's something that's possible to trigger like that. And if it was... wouldn't you just make the clien automatically run the checksum anyway, like with all the classic copy protections?

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 11, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

No? They literally said multiple times they didn't implement any kind of client check for mods. Unless you take the stance that they're lying (but if that was the case someone would have found the anti-cheat on the client) they had to be banned for something else, and I doubt GMs are scouring profiles for whatever carrds are.

This smells like either openly talking about mods or other ToS violations; or they got banned for something else and are shifting the blame onto "unjust persecution of RP'ers" (never mind 90% of RP'res will never get banned for RPing)

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Cleretic posted:

So, weird question.

A bunch of RPers are getting caught up in saying that GMs are handing out bans for mods or carrd links. Nobody's actually SAID they've been banned for this, all reports are second or third-hand, but this one struck me as especially curious.

Can GMs even run checksums on someone's client? That doesn't even seem like it's something that's possible to trigger like that. And if it was... wouldn't you just make the clien automatically run the checksum anyway, like with all the classic copy protections?

the checksum thing is theoretically possible but almost certainly bullshit. linking to adult content in your search profile is gonna nab you a gaoling, tho

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oneiros posted:

the checksum thing is theoretically possible but almost certainly bullshit. linking to adult content in your search profile is gonna nab you a gaoling, tho

Oh yeah, if that poo poo has some connection to ERP/adult content they're gonna ban it. The increase on that is probably because of the billboard incident making SQEX more proactive in checking if that poo poo exists.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

No? They literally said multiple times they didn't implement any kind of client check for mods. Unless you take the stance that they're lying (but if that was the case someone would have found the anti-cheat on the client) they had to be banned for something else, and I doubt GMs are scouring profiles for whatever carrds are.

This smells like either openly talking about mods or other ToS violations; or they got banned for something else and are shifting the blame onto "unjust persecution of RP'ers" (never mind 90% of RP'res will never get banned for RPing)

Caards seem to be well, super tiny websites for people to share? I've mostly seen them as portfolios for housing commissions but I bet RPers might use them a lot more. Im not sure about the exact rules in the ToS but I think directly linking to NSFW or showing off heavily modded clients might not be allowed.

Example caard I grabbed from the housing discord: https://moogliciousdesigns.carrd.co/

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I finally did it. I beat the final fantasy. Came up with a glam for each job and leveled them to the point of being able to use it. Which was a significant bit of leveling since they all needed pieces in the 70-90 range. Now I need to actually pick one to play. A large image to commemorate the occasion:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've heard third-hand that they're banning some people with unmodded SFW carrds for "linking to a third-party site" but I haven't seen any confirmation on that. Even if that was the case, an easy fix would just to be to have the unique part of the carrd url in your search info and let other people add the ".carrd.co" themselves

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Vargs posted:

I finally did it. I beat the final fantasy. Came up with a glam for each job and leveled them to the point of being able to use it. Which was a significant bit of leveling since they all needed pieces in the 70-90 range. Now I need to actually pick one to play. A large image to commemorate the occasion:

congratulations! i've been enjoying seeing your new jobs/glams progression as i pass by the firepit :v:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I've heard third-hand that they're banning some people with unmodded SFW carrds for "linking to a third-party site" but I haven't seen any confirmation on that. Even if that was the case, an easy fix would just to be to have the unique part of the carrd url in your search info and let other people add the ".carrd.co" themselves

There was a thing with that a while back where someone said that but it turned out the third-party site they linked to was onlyfans (I mean the carrd had a link to it)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Yeah, for clarification, carrds ARE indeed used a whole bunch by the roleplaying community, because god drat we don't get enough space to pitch our characters.

There's been various people claiming they were banned for carrds that they claim are innocent, but turn out to have things like onlyfans links, yeah. I think some amount of them were pinged for the literal pimping incident a few days ago and were just being super evasive.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Vargs posted:

No crafters? Lazy.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No BLU either. Sorry pal you're only about halfway done

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

"What you going to do, stab me?"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CobiWann posted:

MC Hammer weeps, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

CobiWann posted:

Quote from WoL stabbed.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Between the hysteria that seems to blow up regularly and the fact that my schedule doesn't allow me to be on FFXIV at set times., I've kinda stepped away from rp recently. I miss it, but there are definitely things I do not miss.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vargs posted:

very amused for all the red glams, your RDM glam has no red.

Either way, got some great glams in here

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 11, 2022

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
i salute a fellow red mage rebel

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Based off of/stolen from a TikTok with various Pokemon glams.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

rebel against the traditionalist crimson hegemony

https://twitter.com/vitaminohm/status/1545635284523618304

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

that's still pretty red

but next y'all tell me you don't make your Blue Mages blue.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vargs posted:

Love, love, love!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

that's still pretty red

no I'm the one in the armor

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

No BLU either. Sorry pal you're only about halfway done

especially when half the glams are already blue. hosed up imo

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

that's still pretty red

but next y'all tell me you don't make your Blue Mages blue.

When I get around to doing anything with BLU, I'm going to make creepily consistent eye contact with you while I apply red dye to every slot.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
every time there's an uproar over people being banned for nothing it turns out it's not over nothing. I've seen it happen in multiple games

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

almost every time I've seen someone banned from any MMORPG for "no reason" the reason turned out to be either RMT or something really racist

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Was there an MMO that took the position of "if you say it was 'no reason' we will post the transcript right here" or did I imagine that from some internet joke?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Was there an MMO that took the position of "if you say it was 'no reason' we will post the transcript right here" or did I imagine that from some internet joke?

If there is I question why MMO HMO doesn't have a thread dedicated to curating these free content dumps.

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008
One of the GMs on League of Legends (?) would often post logs when people complained about being banned for no reason

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bruceski posted:

I know the Overwatch team used to do that, but I don't recall ever hearing of any MMO teams that did that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Smettbo posted:

One of the GMs on League of Legends (?) would often post logs when people complained about being banned for no reason

Riot Lyte, yeah. It was only on specific request from the banned party, and every single time involved said party typing unhinged frothing-at-the-mouth stuff at their team. The common thread linking most of them is that they genuinely did not understand that typing things like "kys u degen piece of poo poo" was not acceptable social behaviour.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That's probably what I was remembering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I know there used to be a thing like that for XBox bans