Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eau de MacGowan posted:

that fukken shirt jesus christ lol

if you stare at it long enough you'll see a sailboat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
What happened to Sterling? A couple of years ago it feels like it would have been unthinkable for City to sell him at all much less let him go to a competitor.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Blinkz0rz posted:

What happened to Sterling? A couple of years ago it feels like it would have been unthinkable for City to sell him at all much less let him go to a competitor.

Foden got gud?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Blinkz0rz posted:

hmm... pep getting rid of sterling, ake, fernandinho in one window.... what could be the commonality...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Moktaro posted:

Foden got gud?

That and Sterling turned into a tap in merchant who offered very little else, and wasn’t particularly good at scoring tap ins.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tbp posted:

hmm... pep getting rid of sterling, ake, fernandinho in one window.... what could be the commonality...

This is weird

Shrapnig posted:

That and Sterling turned into a tap in merchant who offered very little else, and wasn’t particularly good at scoring tap ins.

Yeah, he had 3 really good seasons for a winger and he started most games and selling him was unthinkable but then he just sorta wasn't as good in the past two seasons. I dunno if it had anything to do with no real central striker in which case... lol, or if it was just his own form dropping.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 11, 2022

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

tbp posted:

dont forget jesus!!!

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Moktaro posted:

Foden got gud?

Sterling was dropped for half the season and they played better. He misses too many chances.

The standout years where he scored lots he was playing on the other wing opposite Sane.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds have agreed a deal with Barca for Raphinha. Excited to never see a penny of that fee

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Did Barcelona nick their mom's credit card or what?

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1546389325000036352

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“guaranteed”

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
how the gently caress are Barca still making signings like that lmao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All directors of football with a picture of laporta cellotaped to the side of their computer and 'DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN' written under it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Paperhouse posted:

'levers' is their euphemism for mortgaging everything on the board for the next 50 years to build a hotel on old kent road

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

It's baffling, they still haven't been able to register Kessie and Christensen

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can't wait for 100 year old Ken Bates to take over Barca

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Paperhouse posted:

It owns that their members will never accept a president who actually gets their finances in order

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Financial responsibility
No more bloated fees and contracts

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

the sex ghost posted:

All directors of football with a picture of laporta cellotaped to the side of their computer and 'DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN' written under it

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

the sex ghost posted:

Financial responsibility?
No, more bloated fees and contracts!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Barca have the energy of a man at a bar who has blacked out and thrown down his credit card to buy everyone drinks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

https://twitter.com/sportjornal/status/1546160398063337473

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
How is anyone still agreeing to deals with this club?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elliptical Dick posted:

Barcelona often use a strategy of making the target player force his club into selling him. First real example I remember is the insanity that was Fabregas from Arsenal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Elliptical Dick posted:

Or why anyone wants to go there when they're making all their established players take pay cuts. It's madness.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Apparently Man Utd CEO and sporting directors were in Barcelona in a meeting with the Barcelona bosses today, I suppose that could explain why Barcelona are suddenly spending big?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

TheRat posted:

Apparently Man Utd CEO and sporting directors were in Barcelona in a meeting with the Barcelona bosses today, I suppose that could explain why Barcelona are suddenly spending big?

"Look mate, the super League will bring in loads of money. Just buy the players."

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1546424671289151488

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Mesut Ozil’s contract at Fenernahce has been terminated and he will now focus on being a full time gamer this is not a joke.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Mesut Ozil’s contract at Fenernahce has been terminated and he will now focus on being a full time gamer this is not a joke.

I'd like to see him focus on anything.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

blue footed boobie posted:

His teammates getting mad at him because he refuses to hit the run button

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The dragon takeover continues;

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1546826778886524928

To join Lawrence who signed from Derby on a free.

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 12, 2022

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

TheRat posted:

Barcelona often use a strategy of making the target player force his club into selling him. First real example I remember is the insanity that was Fabregas from Arsenal.

Fabregas was implanted with Barca DNA by Ricardo Hammondez was he not?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Total Meatlove posted:

The dragon takeover continues;

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1546826778886524928

To join Lawrence who signed from Derby on a free.

Lock up your little old ladies, the boy racers are on the buckfast.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Lewis Ferguson to Bologna

https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1546857603329933313?s=20&t=GYx_1nrKcqsNjnGJc5Cyaw

Goodbye to our best penalty taker in a long time.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/EduardoHagn/status/1546850924810760194

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Going back to the Wenger days and buying all the attacking midfielders.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

you'd think that not being able to work saturdays would hamper you as a professional footballer

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chas McGill posted:

Lewis Ferguson to Bologna

https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1546857603329933313?s=20&t=GYx_1nrKcqsNjnGJc5Cyaw

Goodbye to our best penalty taker in a long time.

love that SPFL has become a Serie A feeder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's cool, much more interesting than players going to League 1/the championship or the ugly sisters.