Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1518693037337194496

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so I assume it's going to be a lot harder for him to end the deal than just sending a letter that says nevermind

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
theres a very non-trivial chance Twitter can still force him to complete the transaction

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, it’s all up to the lawyers now. Never forget, a good lawyer knows the law, a great lawyer knows the judge.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The original verbage basically means Elon can't back out, only Twitter can choose to accept or reject the offer because Elon is an idiot whose reeks of divorced guy incel energy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the difference between walking out on your kids and contracts with companies is the companies have far better legal representation

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Shifty Pony posted:

Malicious compliance: build free gasoline/diesel pumps but they dispense energy at the same rate as the free L2 chargers: 7,200 J/s. That works out to be roughly 0.2gallons per hour, or a touch over a week to fill up an F150.

No hold open on the pumps either, for safety of course.

This made me laugh out loud.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, drat, it's 102 and the weather app says it headed up to 103. Hope the electrical grid holds up.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

radical meme posted:

Lol, drat, it's 102 and the weather app says it headed up to 103. Hope the electrical grid holds up.

At least the price of bitcoin has fallen through the floor so those assholes aren't churning.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

our power flickered on and off a few times last night, sure hope it stays on today!!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So far we're leaving 2011 in the dust.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't want to bum anybody out but, the West Texas water situation is gonna get really bad, really soon. Gonna make that West Coast dispute over the Colorado look like child's play.

Who inherited all of those water right's from T. Boone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh yeah I think I read about that in the modern sci fi classic The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi.

Anyway, maybe they should all stop voting for Republicans if they don't want to dry up and blow away. This is the outcome they voted for.

https://twitter.com/douglewinenergy/status/1546164240595173379

So lets all keep our heads screwed on

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
If you thought covid brought out the petty spitefulness in people try telling a West Texan to stop watering their lawn

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

radical meme posted:

I don't want to bum anybody out but, the West Texas water situation is gonna get really bad, really soon. Gonna make that West Coast dispute over the Colorado look like child's play.

Who inherited all of those water right's from T. Boone.

As in severe drought, or are there water rights issues at play as well?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I don’t have problems with people watering lawns while every single golf course is going to continue dumping half a river of water on it every day for wealthy people to enjoy. Not to mention all the stupid automatic sprinklers all over corporate offices that just dump gallons in the middle of the hot summer day and half of that ends up in the road since the sprinkler heads aren’t maintained.

Plano doesn’t give a poo poo about asking heavy users to stop.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if we were china we'd just canal the atchafalaya over to el paso and fill every river in the state

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Need to eradicate every golf course and cemetery. Dead people don't care what color the grass is.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's mostly agriculture. in texas, that probably means coastal hay for cows to the northwest as well as rice

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I'll stop watering my lawn as soon as my HOA stops complaining when my grass is yellow :(

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
if you let weeds take over your lawn it will be green year round and the bees will love you

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Love to have the power go out randomly all the time. Wow our power grid is so functional

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

hatty posted:

if you let weeds take over your lawn it will be green year round and the bees will love you

This is basically my backyard. Sod won't take and I'm not wasting water on it, so let nature do its thing. Love the red hornets that show up and assault my rear end.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

hatty posted:

This, but unironically. I have clover, dandelions, three kinds of grass and tons of weeds. I mow it until it dies mid summer, then I say gently caress it and let it go until fall. Code compliance loves me.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i set my backyard up for bees and hummingbirds but rn it's all yellowjackets

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

i say swears online posted:

Mine is currently set to Nature's Thunderdome.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

i say swears online posted:

Bus the yellowjackets to DC and blame Joe Biden

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

jokes posted:

Bus the yellowjackets to DC and blame Joe Biden

Bidenjackets

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1546504767169392640

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dallas!

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1546498321115660291

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I hope he has a speech against "globalism".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've played ck3 I know where this is going

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

I've played ck3 I know where this is going

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Man things in Texas are getting dire

Someone good at history please post about a time that things were looking bad here but got better

Getting real tired of my brain's default reaction to the news being political nihilism

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Manager Hoyden posted:

Someone good at history please post about a time that things were looking bad here but got better

1861-1876

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Manager Hoyden posted:

Getting real tired of my brain's default reaction to the news being political nihilism

Reconstruction?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Old James posted:

Reconstruction?

:smugdon:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

October 22, 1836 – December 10, 1838 but then it went to poo poo again

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It wasn't all that bad before the Spanish got here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This one month period was the last time anything got better over time