Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Covok posted:

Bleach remains the series that proved Akira Toriyama was right to cycle out characters to avoid cast bloat.
I wanted to say One Piece would prove Toriyama wrong and it's just about execution, but OP does actually separate the main characters a lot recently, and while there are a crazy amount of characters, 95% of them get rotated out and replaced with new ones every arc. So I guess Toriyama... was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Anyone who says that werehuman/berserker Komamura should be cut deserves to be put on trial. That sequence was hardcore as gently caress and I'll have no opinions to the contrary.

All I really want out of this final arc is the Kenpachi/Unohana fight animated because you just know Kubo had some other ideas for that fight.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4iZo9sAz9I

It was probably expected to be the case because japan has huge respect for their voice actors, but it's nice seeing everyone back. Also Yhwach's voice sounds really familiar.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
(Renji could not, in fact, deal with this guy on his own)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4iZo9sAz9I

It was probably expected to be the case because japan has huge respect for their voice actors, but it's nice seeing everyone back. Also Yhwach's voice sounds really familiar.

This isn't an official video, they just edited existing lines into the original trailer. That said we already knew everyone was coming back because the original trailer had a big cast list at the end.

Yhwach's voice actor has been in a ton of stuff, including Bleach already as Zangetsu.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wow gently caress that guy

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blockhouse posted:

This isn't an official video, they just edited existing lines into the original trailer. That said we already knew everyone was coming back because the original trailer had a big cast list at the end.

Yhwach's voice actor has been in a ton of stuff, including Bleach already as Zangetsu.

not gonna lie I actually forgot about all the Zangetsu/Yhwach sheenanigans

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The new season is gonna be cool even if only for the five or so super hype moments being animated.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The new season is gonna be cool even if only for the five or so super hype moments being animated.

There is going to be much stupid and it will be glorious.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There is going to be much stupid and it will be glorious.

i remain unconvinced that hideo kojima and tite kubo aren't living in some sort of fight club tyler durden/tyler durden existence.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lib and let die posted:

i remain unconvinced that hideo kojima and tite kubo aren't living in some sort of fight club tyler durden/tyler durden existence.

I would not deny that possibly.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Shake that As Nodt, but Yhwach yourself

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gently caress you kubo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao I love him

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like that after the Soul Society arc (or maybe it was later), it seemed like Soul Society actually put in some effort toward helping people unlock their bankais rather than the prior policy of gently caress you, figure it out on your own. Just part of the usual trend of the events of the story being part of a society becoming less stagnant.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/chefgucciness/status/1543417124747726848?s=20&t=Vl2Tb6Vjfa4ujH_NBNZ3rQ

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wow new bleach trailer!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPEu9nI21wA

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol that the thesis of the entire trailer is, "we have too many characters!"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Mordja posted:

Lol that the thesis of the entire trailer is, "we have too many characters!"

Yeah it was fun watching them go over each character one by one and then going "oh poo poo, the song is about to end!" and bombarding everyone at once.

Also lmao that the ending quote is Byakuya's stupid fakeout death quote

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The poster

The fact that Q, R and W are on the poster implies to me we might be getting some expansion on things. As the first two died off screen and W was introduced way later.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Bambietta Basterbine :lol: what a fuckin name

this poo poo is gonna be so tight

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My biggest concern is that the OST slaps, and it sounds like Sagisu is still putting out some good poo poo :hellyeah:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I love it, it's going to be so terrible, I can't wait

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also of note, the hand, the flamingo and Thor are not on the image. Could they had potentially split 1000 arc in 2 seasons?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

lezard_valeth posted:

Also of note, the hand, the flamingo and Thor are not on the image. Could they had potentially split 1000 arc in 2 seasons?

I mean that's even bigger spoilers than what they've shown so far

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dare I try to read most of Bleach in time for this

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Waffleman_ posted:

I would just read the chapters with your favorite character in them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lezard_valeth posted:

This poster appears to be for the initial invasion. Many Sternritter are on the poster. But some are on it that are unexpected.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

MonsterEnvy posted:

The poster

The fact that Q, R and W are on the poster implies to me we might be getting some expansion on things. As the first two died off screen and W was introduced way later.

Where the gently caress is Shaz Domino???

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

No just watch it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh I just noticed BG 9 on the poster. Behind As Nodt and in front of Mask.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh poo poo the anime's streaming free on Tubi.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Julias posted:

I mean that's even bigger spoilers than what they've shown so far

How so? It's revealed pretty early on that there's a Quincy for each letter of the alphabet and there's nothing terrificly spoiler-y about their designs

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I hope edgy Unohana gets some more screentime.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

9 days......this is going to be some Namek saga slowdown of time and space.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
9 days is an eternity in anime standards

plus all the events that happen in this arc could very well happen within 3 anime days
day 1: the first invasion
day 2: the training montage
day 3: the second invasion

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Three days pass entirely offscreen while Ichigo is unsuccessfully trying to fight the asauchi up in the royal realm, IIRC.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I'm not sure whether I want them to expand the anime ver because so much of it was rushed toward the end, or if I want to keep the despair intact for a true Bleach experience.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Sydin posted:

Where the gently caress is Shaz Domino???

In the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_7oCFVO2E

Lets gooooo