Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kennel posted:

Spider warning :siren:

Those are sleep paralysis monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Kennel posted:

Spider warning :siren:

a friend with dall-e 2 access generated "portrait photograph of a person covered in black widow spiders":

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can they un-generate it?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/midjourney/status/1546607915087212544

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Can they un-generate it?

fine, whiner, here's a black widow covered in people instead

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tunicate posted:

fine, whiner, here's a black widow covered in people instead

lol that's Black Widow for sure hahaha

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh. Uh. Huh.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Let's all just agree that "spider" should be added to the list of sensitive topics that art generators attempt to avoid

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

I'm not owned! I'm not owned!!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm super stoked that the way they have it set up, anyone can click your "upscale this image" and "get variations of this image" buttons. It's like emptyquoting!!

"modern cityscape wide angle photograph capturing the millisecond after a nuclear weapon explodes, only a tiny fireball visible"
got a half dozen varies/upscales right away

"technical blueprints for a warp drive"

owns

Not mine:
"dark king crown of swords"
"zombie cyberpunk"
"time for aaaaaaaaa"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wtf im too old to have a discord

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My dear sweet 70-year-old mother contacts me on discord

One time she asked me what "AF" meant and the only thing I could think of was "uuhhh as gently caress? What is the context?"

"Oh someone on the wow forums said my screen name was cool AF :kimchi:"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Your 70 old mother hangs out on the WoW forums?

poronty
Oct 19, 2006
a hung Aryan
I for one am always super happy to see more of Hempuli's lists, they make me :roflolmao: like none of the image-based stuff or the huge walloftext stories ever will. I'm sure those are the pinnacle of neural tech or whatever but they are also boring as hell to me. More book / song / game / etc lists please :allears:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've been putting together some homebrew content for the Blade Runner tabletop RPG and I thought it would be thematically appropriate to use MidJourney and Artflow to help create the illustrations. I've been having them generate elements that I then mash together in Photoshop and modify the hell out of. It's all low-stakes because, well, it's homebrew for an RPG that barely anyone is ever going to see, so things can look a bit "generated." But I'm super happy with the time:result ratio:

(based on a Syd Mead character design)

Now if only MidJourney would let me expand images outward or select parts of images to redo, it would be the absolute perfect tool for this. Right now I'm constantly frustrated when something looks great but is cropped way too tight.

Definitely gives me some insight into the near-term use of these tools once they reach a certain threshold of quality, which Dall-E-2 might just be.

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 15:44 on Jul 12, 2022

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RatHat posted:

Your 70 old mother hangs out on the WoW forums?

Correct, she and my father are both avid players

Or rather they were, now they are both playing elder scrolls online

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Evilreaver posted:

When did they get into MMOs? Are they OG MUD players who evolved with the times or did they start with EQ?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Evilreaver posted:

Tell your parents I called them nerds

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

poronty posted:

I for one am always super happy to see more of Hempuli's lists, they make me :roflolmao: like none of the image-based stuff or the huge walloftext stories ever will. I'm sure those are the pinnacle of neural tech or whatever but they are also boring as hell to me. More book / song / game / etc lists please :allears:

Thank you very much! Glad to hear that :) It's definitely a lot of fun to make them, despite the less advanced technology.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

quote:

This one is great

Evilreaver posted:

:kimchi:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

A baby possum wearing a tutu in an alley, in the style of Rene Magritte

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Splicer posted:

When did they get into MMOs? Are they OG MUD players who evolved with the times or did they start with EQ?

My mom met my dad when he was running a ad&d game

They played enough dial up BBS games that I was able to tell which one they were signing into by the different modem noises

Edit: listen I feel like we're getting off topic here

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is that really notable? Stanger Things kids are going to be 70 next year.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

I think craiyon did a better job than midjourney on this one (same prompt as the post above)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
here's dall-e 2 same prompt

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Upper left and lower middle are excellent.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

for fucks sake posted:

I think craiyon did a better job than midjourney on this one (same prompt as the post above)

Yeah, somehow craiyon seems to do that looming, ethereal dread thing very well. The midjourney ones seem too "clean", and there's very little "looming over the viewer" going on at all.

poronty posted:

Just for you, here's a batch of Markov-chain-generated PYF thread titles!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I refuse to believe that PYF HISTORICAL THINGS THAT CAN GO gently caress THEMSELVES has never existed as a thread :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Captain Hygiene posted:

I refuse to believe that PYF HISTORICAL THINGS THAT CAN GO gently caress THEMSELVES has never existed as a thread :colbert:
I'm stealing the gift (NO CLOTHES) one.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Captain Hygiene posted:

It really should have done, but sadly not. Finally a thread where I could rant about Wang Mang's insane currency reforms which led to the people becoming weeping, wailing, confused wrecks while trying to make sense of a monetary system consisting of 5 different substances (tortoiseshell, cowries, gold, silver, copper), 3 different shapes (knife, spade, coin) and 16 different denominations!

girl dick energy posted:

I'm stealing the gift (NO CLOTHES) one.

Ah drat it, that got me digging to see where the "(NO CLOTHES)" bit came from, and it's really annoyingly close in meaning to the generated thread title: Show us the "Worst" christmas present you EVER recieved. (No Clothes)

That's the danger of running a Markov chain on a limited data set.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
"doomguy ahegao"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

1 posted:

It really should have done, but sadly not. Finally a thread where I could rant about Wang Mang's insane currency reforms which led to the people becoming weeping, wailing, confused wrecks while trying to make sense of a monetary system consisting of 5 different substances (tortoiseshell, cowries, gold, silver, copper), 3 different shapes (knife, spade, coin) and 16 different denominations!
Sounds like you've got the opening post all lined up, get to work.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486446&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 The ancient history thread might also be relevant.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
mods change my name to COMPLETELY 100% OFFICIAL DISTRESS

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

These really made me laugh after a difficult day!

1 posted:

Yeah, somehow craiyon seems to do that looming, ethereal dread thing very well. The midjourney ones seem too "clean", and there's very little "looming over the viewer" going on at all.

Who amongst us has not asked WHY WAS TUESDAY?

My favorite underrated matter is plasma. Solid, liquid, and gas keep getting all the attention and it's unfair!

Also, isn't there tasteless wordplay in every thread here?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

1 posted:

How'd you generate these? I've been using an online one that gets kinda laggy with big datasets and Hempuli seems to have removed his old link

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

text-davinci-002 posted:

FADE IN:

EXT. SPACE

The stars twinkle in the vast blackness. A small spaceship zooms through the emptiness, its engines leaving a bright trail behind it.

INT. SPACESHIP

The pilot, a woman in her early 30s, sits in the cockpit, her hands on the controls. She looks tired but determined.

PILOT (into her radio) This is Pilot One to base. I'm approaching the coordinates now.

EXT. SPACE

The spaceship slows down as it nears a small planet.

INT. SPACESHIP

PILOT (into her radio) I'm going to need a suit. I'm not sure what kind of atmosphere this planet has.

BASE (over the radio) Roger that, Pilot One. A suit will be waiting for you when you land.

PILOT (into her radio) Thank you, base.

The pilot starts to strap herself into her seat.

PILOT (to herself) Here goes nothing.

EXT. PLANET SURFACE

The spaceship lands with a thud, kicking up a cloud of dust. The pilot opens the hatch and steps out, wearing a space suit.

She looks around, taking in the desolate landscape. There's a small, dark house in the distance.

PILOT (into her radio) Base, I'm on the surface. There's a house about a kilometer from my position. I'm going to investigate.

BASE (over the radio) Be careful, Pilot One.

PILOT (into her radio) I will.

The pilot starts to walk towards the house. As she gets closer, she can see that it's in a state of disrepair. The windows are boarded up and the door is hanging off its hinges.

PILOT (into her radio) Base, the house is in bad shape. It looks like it's been abandoned for years.

BASE (over the radio) There's no record of any inhabitants on this planet. Proceed with caution.

PILOT (into her radio) Copy that.

The pilot approaches the house cautiously. She tries the door, but it's locked. She looks around for a way to enter.

PILOT (into her radio) Base, the door is locked. I'm going to see if I can find a way in through one of the windows.

BASE (over the radio) Be careful.

The pilot goes to one of the windows and starts to pry the boards off. She manages to create a small opening.

PILOT (into her radio) Base, I've made an opening in one of the windows. I'm going to enter the house.

BASE (over the radio) Copy that, Pilot One. Be careful.

The pilot climbs through the window and drops down into the house.

INT. HOUSE

It's dark inside the house. The pilot turns on her flashlight and looks around. The furniture is covered in dust and there's a musty smell in the air.

PILOT (into her radio) Base, I'm inside the house. It's dark and musty in here.

BASE (over the radio) Copy that, Pilot One. Proceed with caution.

The pilot starts to explore the house. She goes from room to room, shining her flashlight into the darkness. The house is empty and there's no sign of life.

PILOT (into her radio) Base, there's no one here. The house is empty.

BASE (over the radio) That's strange. There should be someone on this planet.

PILOT (into her radio) I'm going to keep looking around. Maybe there's something in the basement.

BASE (over the radio) Copy that, Pilot One. Be careful.

The pilot goes to the basement door and tries the handle. It's locked.

I call it "Please Be Careful, Pilot One".

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Friend posted:

How'd you generate these? I've been using an online one that gets kinda laggy with big datasets and Hempuli seems to have removed his old link

Oh whoops; I've moved from http to https since I posted that, which could be why the link doesn't work.
Here's the generator I made: https://www.hempuli.com/Text_generator.zip

Click on the datasets you want to include on the left, set the parameters how you want, then press UPDATE and start generating!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

text-davinci-002 posted:

In a highly-anticipated matchup, Kenny Omega took on Dolly Parton in a wrestling match. Parton, known for her work in country music and as an actress, is a legend in her own right.
Omega is considered one of the best wrestlers in the world, and is the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion. He's also known for his work in New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), where he is a founding member of the Bullet Club.
The match started off slow, with both wrestlers feeling each other out. Parton tried to use her quickness to her advantage, but Omega was able to keep up with her.
As the match progressed, both wrestlers began to exchange holds and throws. Parton showed her strength by tossing Omega around the ring. Omega responded with his own impressive throws and strikes.
The match reached a fever pitch when Parton hit Omega with a Dolly Drop, her signature move. Omega was able to kick out, but Parton kept up the pressure.
In the end, Omega was able to hit Parton with the One-Winged Angel, his finishing move, to get the victory.