Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Also, please specify how you want to have it, e.g., your gang tags in a scroll bar, a specific tag replaced, your title or avatar removed, with a pint (though I can’t really help you with that one), or something else.

Under my avatar and red text please. I deserve my shame.
https://twitter.com/OOCThickOfIt/status/1431351313711968260

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

crispix posted:

and he was vaay, vaay drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :newlol:

https://twitter.com/NathOnSecurity/status/1545858057422475267/photo/1

report your child to the fuzz for the crime of learning linux so they can be strip searched and beaten to a pulp encouraged into positive directions

irc supremacy.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
oh norman, they're coming for me discords

New page, same question. Does anyone know if there are more rebates coming to UK households? I received some council tax rebate, wondering if there was something still coming for energy bills. Is it still that £200 bullshit that you have to pay back?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Deketh posted:

New page, same question. Does anyone know if there are more rebates coming to UK households? I received some council tax rebate, wondering if there was something still coming for energy bills. Is it still that £200 bullshit that you have to pay back?

I got this link in a text from the DWP over the weekend

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Deketh posted:

Its been doubled to £400, we no longer have to pay it back, and should start seeing it in October. There's also additional cost of living payments for those who qualify (see the link posted Tarnop above)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

oh thatll get fthem for sure keith

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thank god we have a Labouy Party running as Cameronite Tories to oppose the current wave of barely crypto fascists running for Tory leader

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

bump_fn posted:

oh thatll get fthem for sure keith

He's using their own phrasing against them which will highlight right-wing hypocrisy, a highly successful tactic that definitely doesn't just further culturally embed tory framing of the issue!

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Tarnop posted:

I got this link in a text from the DWP over the weekend

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Its been doubled to £400, we no longer have to pay it back, and should start seeing it in October. There's also additional cost of living payments for those who qualify (see the link posted Tarnop above)

Great, thanks mates. Just saw that the estimates on the next energy bill increases were too low so just trying to brace myself for that

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

As the thread has often advised I hosed off after making my last post and got in the sea which was much nicer than being on the land and I am considering doing it full time.

How are you feeling today mate :)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm a text kind of gal. Under the Nasty Women tag, please. A side-scroller, please, with the Nasty Woman tag.

quote:

Malcolm: And who was it that did your media training? Myra Hindley? I mean, it was terrible, all this – hands were all over the place. You were like a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra! It was like watching John Leslie at work!
Ben: Yes, I know all of that, and it just kind of fell away. God, it was like one of those dreams when you're wandering around Covent Garden or something in just your vest and everyone's staring at you.
Jamie: I think it was much worse than that, I mean, how many people see you in Covent Garden, a few thousand? Your meltdown was witnessed by 1.2 million people. That's more people than saw Al Jolson in his entire career. And that's Al loving Jolson!
Malcolm: He loves Al Jolson.
Jamie: The Governor!
Ollie: 'Maaammy.'
Jamie: You take the piss out of Jolson again, and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath, and push it up your cock! And then I'll plug some speakers up your arse, and put it onto shuffle with my loving fist! And every time I hear something that I don't like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track (to Ben) by crushing your balls!

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 11, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Convex posted:

How are you feeling today mate :)

Better for the swim, ta, would honestly be OK generally if not for the hayfever but I'm going to see if I can get my hands on some of that fexofen stuff if it's OTC now so thankyou whoever mentioned that.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Tarnop posted:

He's using their own phrasing against them which will highlight right-wing hypocrisy, a highly successful tactic that definitely doesn't just further culturally embed tory framing of the issue!
Given that he's campaigning as a more better Tory it's the perfect message for him.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Better for the swim, ta, would honestly be OK generally if not for the hayfever but I'm going to see if I can get my hands on some of that fexofen stuff if it's OTC now so thankyou whoever mentioned that.

glad to hear it! might have to try the fexofen as well tbh, loratidine doesn't seem to be helping much these days

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tried everything else honestly, cetirizine, loratidine, chlorophenamine, old gen 1 poo poo that's now sold as sleeping pills, multiple of the above at the same time, none of it does more than take the edge off. Bloody nature just doesn't like me.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Next step is probably hookworm.

:haw:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or seeing if I can get one of my dilating catheters all the way up my nose.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

No Dignity posted:

Thank god we have a Labouy Party running as Cameronite Tories to oppose the current wave of barely crypto fascists running for Tory leader

We now have two separate meanings for crypto-fascist and somehow they both mean the same thing in practice. Now that's efficiency!

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

OwlFancier posted:

Tried everything else honestly, cetirizine, loratidine, chlorophenamine, old gen 1 poo poo that's now sold as sleeping pills, multiple of the above at the same time, none of it does more than take the edge off. Bloody nature just doesn't like me.

Yeah my housemate said the same thing, and our doctor friend tipped us off about fexofenadine being OTC now and it's night and day, apparently.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:siren:

I’m pleased to invite Night Tories, and all other interested persons, to apply for your next UKMT gang tag.

To receive it, you must reply to this post with a scene from the Thick of It, by the end of the 11th of July, British Summer Time. Unoriginal show content submissions won’t be eligible.

Also, please specify how you want to have it, e.g., your gang tags in a scroll bar, a specific tag replaced, your title or avatar removed, with a pint (though I can’t really help you with that one), or something else.

If you don’t know where to get your bite of the Thick of It, you could definitely do worse than by looking at https://twitter.com/oocthickofit

This seems apt for the past couple of days.

Anywhere will do please!

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I’m pleased to invite Night Tories, and all other interested persons, to apply for your next UKMT gang tag.

To receive it, you must reply to this post with a scene from the Thick of It, by the end of the 11th of July, British Summer Time. Unoriginal show content submissions won’t be eligible.

If you don’t know where to get your bite of the Thick of It, you could definitely do worse than by looking at https://twitter.com/oocthickofit

Oh alright i'll de-lurk for a title. Under the av + text please.
https://twitter.com/OOCThickOfIt/status/1542613407706370049

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Might as well unlurk and grab a gang tag

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Or seeing if I can get one of my dilating catheters all the way up my nose.
Neil Cicierega's Nose Sounds

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Neil Cicierega's Nose Sounds

lol

the packet actually has them referred to as "sondes" in french which makes me laugh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
On that note, my desktop amplifier just died/started acting bad, maybe because of the heat, so I've ordered a cheapish class D amplifier in the same power range, literally just line level goes in, speaker power comes out, with a lot less waste heat than class A or AB amplifiers.

I have no idea what they were thinking with the branding though.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

crispix posted:

who do yous fancy as tory leader number 10 PM ?!?!?!!! i fancy liz truss if chamberlain off dark crystal doesn't get in :holy:

Which one is Chamberlain? I can see them all in that role.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sound for nobs, rich people or large orks.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pretty sure this one was posted as well.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Guavanaut posted:

On that note, my desktop amplifier just died/started acting bad, maybe because of the heat, so I've ordered a cheapish class D amplifier in the same power range, literally just line level goes in, speaker power comes out, with a lot less waste heat than class A or AB amplifiers.

nobsound for harambe

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
.nm

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 21, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This brexit is poo poo really for sole traders.

I've an artist relative and she got a commission from someone in the EU.
Now she's trying to make head or tail of what the heck she is supposed to charge for VAT and Customs, what she is responsible for, what the recipient is responsible for, commodity codes and all that stuff.(She's finished the artwork so it's too late to decline it. I did warn her that it might be difficult to actually send it!)
She's not VAT registered as she's lucky to make just a few £000 a year.
I'm trying to help her figure it out but my head is spinning.
Surfing from site to site, I found a figure and accidentally closed the tab and now the page isn't showing in my history.

CTRL+SHIFT+T reopens closed tabs, if that helps?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath, and push it up your cock! And then I'll plug some speakers up your arse, and put it onto shuffle with my loving fist!

Many years ago I did an awful noisecore / breakcore DJ set and opened it with a sample of this exact bit, cranked right up as the first track mixed in

It's a classic Thick of It bit, is what I'm saying

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Convex posted:

CTRL+SHIFT+T reopens closed tabs, if that helps?

Thanks but I tried that :crying:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://twitter.com/OOCThickOfIt/status/1524685373909123073?s=20&t=kaZPiqIUBoXXvD6VGXya9Q

Under my existing ones please.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'd like one of your finest Gang Tags please. Just as a gang tag.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 11, 2022

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Guavanaut posted:

I recently got a wee nobsound amp and it's really good. I used it with some new speakers to upgrade an old stereogram to Bluetooth. Puts out a lot of power and it's very low background noise.

Before:

Amp and speakers fitted:

New speaker cloth:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This brexit is poo poo really for sole traders.

I've an artist relative and she got a commission from someone in the EU.
Now she's trying to make head or tail of what the heck she is supposed to charge for VAT and Customs, what she is responsible for, what the recipient is responsible for, commodity codes and all that stuff.(She's finished the artwork so it's too late to decline it. I did warn her that it might be difficult to actually send it!)
She's not VAT registered as she's lucky to make just a few £000 a year.
I'm trying to help her figure it out but my head is spinning.
Surfing from site to site, I found a figure and accidentally closed the tab and now the page isn't showing in my history.

Send it as a gift valued at €1?

Unless your relative is like super famous I find it dubious anyone in customs is going to recognise or care about the value of art.

I think the record I've heard is 3 Warlord Titans (Warhammer kits the size of a toddler) making it past customs untaxed with nary a second glance.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
It may be wee but you should hear how it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wee Nobsound would be a good name for an MP.