Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
The scrying mirror stoner guy's Tshirt had me doing the soyface pointing thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

What can you tell me about...

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Watching the Contradiction video now and the whole time of day changing between scenes confuses me. I realize that a lot of these scenes were recorded when it was convenient (i.e. having the actor walk through the door, then walk through the other way for two different clips. All the interviews with one person done in one shot and edited later) but it still makes me blink when I see what really feels like time travel.

Atlas Lobby? Bright daylight outside the windows. Go into the Reading room and it's dark as could be outside the windows. Well maybe the windows are just blocked off for some reason? No you can see that reading nook from the outside when you walk in (in what I assume is the evening).

Also the time scale for this is hilarious as you run around town. Just imagining Inspector Jenks interviewing someone, running to the far side of town, running back before the door closes and pulling a very British Columbo impression "Oh before I go, just one more thing."

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Wait until it's night in-game and Jenks is walking around in broad daylight that has a blue filter slapped over it. It's...not great.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

GuavaMoment posted:

Wait until it's night in-game and Jenks is walking around in broad daylight that has a blue filter slapped over it. It's...not great.

That's not just any blue filter, it's the inspector time filter! That's how he goes about solving an entire murder mystery and bothering an entire small English community in less than 24 hours!

Seriously, the time scale is so hilarious, especially considering how you're basically expected to go around town at least once an hour to find stuff like the dude enjoying a hookah at the lake and have those conversations that require the Jenks to go back and forth between two or more people to unlock everything.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The whole neighborhood thinking "Oh God the inspector is back. I had plans this evening, at this point if the girl wasn't dead I'd kill her myself from frustration."

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

The whole neighborhood thinking "Oh God the inspector is back. I had plans this evening, at this point if the girl wasn't dead I'd kill her myself from frustration."

I would be more worried about the murderer getting lynched for putting everyone through all of this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

I would be more worried about the murderer getting lynched for putting everyone through all of this.

Wrong country for lynchings, they'll go into the bog.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Today I have a very special episode for you all and am very excited to bring this one to you. I guess the poster kind of tells you where we are going, but man it's a good one. Before the mission though I actually get some time on the map to finish building the laboratory, do some research, advance the plot a little, good times. Then an opportunity presented itself and I got right on it. It may be a bit of a long one so grab a snack, a root beer, or regular beer if you're Canadian I guess, and enjoy.

Oh also this is a classic return to youtube putting copyright claims on my videos! This time it's actually totally legit. Video's demonetized but whatever, don't care as long as it lets me put the video up for all of you. So hopefully it all still works and everything will be fine.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

If I posted... This... Would it mean anything to you?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have one complaint about this video: Ciaphas Cain double executing a Chosen should have been saved for the Warlock. Because everyone should bully the Warlock when given the chance.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

We're five weeks behind on SNW in the UK since Paramount + launched like a month or so into the show, so they started us with only a couple of episodes instead of everything that had already aired. :(

Oh well, at least I don't care about spoilers as much these days.
I should really hop on the high seas and catch up with the show soon.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I fully expect Jade Star to farm the warlock for kills, because why not?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Poking around the internet no maximum Mobility has yet been found.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Once again and this time with twice the style. Anyway, here is a link to the music if anyone else is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a8OirsKVbc

Also, I find it interesting that the game refers to it as "plant science." In my experience, I have heard it as "botany," and Jade and Guava knows it as "horticulture." I am surprised by how many names it has.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Jade, are you planning to let the last Chosen get all the way to an invasion mission? That'd be super dope and it's the one mission type i don't think i've ever seen

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:allears: That music. Well done, Jade.

Everything involving Jenks interacting with Ryan was fantastic. And I appreciate the special guest appearance... That ending, though.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Flair posted:

Once again and this time with twice the style. Anyway, here is a link to the music if anyone else is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a8OirsKVbc

Also, I find it interesting that the game refers to it as "plant science." In my experience, I have heard it as "botany," and Jade and Guava knows it as "horticulture." I am surprised by how many names it has.

To my knowledge botany and horticulture are different subsets of plant science.

Also Big Bridge owns.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Contradiction is indeed a very Jenky game and I'm loving it. Good pick.

Ablative posted:

Also Big Bridge owns.

Almost as much as it cutting out when "Executed!" appeared.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
As a PSA because it's Friday in contradiction and these Brits are being dumb by talking to the Janky Jenky Cop.

https://twitter.com/STFU_Friday/status/1512567161499308035?t=NDndaqvj4LGvpor_MUN8Eg&s=19

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The fifth is effectively deprecated in America, invoke the sixth instead, ask for a lawyer and then shut up. But it's good advice regardless of jurisdiction really.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Not sure what the English equivalent, if any, of the Fifth/Sixth is in the UK, but that's a very specific invocation of rights that may not apply on that side of the pond.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Right, US specific

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
I've modded mobility (and aim, shield, health, will) to over 200 without problems (aside from balance), and I think I've done over 255 without issue, but I can't remember for certain.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
All that ballyhoo about the Hunter being super vulnerable to a templar in melee and she never made a single attack against him.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
is ciaphas cain carrying a standard repeater? as in 5% chance? because the way it's been proccing is absolutely ridiculous and i love it

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Cythereal posted:

All that ballyhoo about the Hunter being super vulnerable to a templar in melee and she never made a single attack against him.

It was all a smoke screen to lure Guava into a false sense of security that Cain wasn't just going to execute him.

mortons stork posted:

is ciaphas cain carrying a standard repeater? as in 5% chance? because the way it's been proccing is absolutely ridiculous and i love it

Not anymore. A few videos ago I found and replaced his repeater with the strongest level repeater, normally a 15% chance, but a resistance order we have equipped is adding another 5% to that. Cain has a 20% execute chance at current.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Jade Star posted:

It was all a smoke screen to lure Guava into a false sense of security that Cain wasn't just going to execute him.

Not anymore. A few videos ago I found and replaced his repeater with the strongest level repeater, normally a 15% chance, but a resistance order we have equipped is adding another 5% to that. Cain has a 20% execute chance at current.

god drat

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:golfclap:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

:five:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It's a shame they've left the Warlock until last. I get the feeling that if any of the other two were last they'd be the type to say "I don't even like my bosses, I'm outta here!"

I mean, I know that isn't a game mechanic, but it feels that way.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

LashLightning posted:

It's a shame they've left the Warlock until last. I get the feeling that if any of the other two were last they'd be the type to say "I don't even like my bosses, I'm outta here!"

I mean, I know that isn't a game mechanic, but it feels that way.

They don't really have the personal volition to make that call. The chosen aren't human anymore and don't make their own choices.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

They still have free will and personalities its just that the psychic brain molding theyd have is leagues beyond what an ADVENT grunt gets.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I love putting both of the hunters guns on a sniper, give them the archeon armor and just laugh as they switch from snipping enemies to suddenly appearing in the midst of the enemies to shoot them all with their pistol.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Let's be real, the hunter just likes to kill people.

Although his guns are absolutely the best of the chosen weapons hands down so very rarely does he become the last survivor and its all a moot point.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Ablative posted:

To my knowledge botany and horticulture are different subsets of plant science.

Also Big Bridge owns.

Botany is the scientific study of plants. Horticulture is gardening.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Your dry erase board is the first time I've seen an IRQ error since the previous millennium and I've modified some drivers.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

If I went on vacation... Would this post be okay?

I'm going to Vegas tomorrow and can't get an XCom update out and recorded with guava before my 6am flight tomorrow so I hope you guys will enjoy this Contradiction video. I'll be back Tuesday and get back to the XCom asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Jade Star posted:

If I went on vacation... Would this post be okay?

Yes.