Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I’m gonna get this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

got the Black Order pack zenithal primed for contrast painting, but I don't want to do the "all the blacks and purples" color scheme they suggest.

I'm also not familiar enough with Thanoss minions to know of any alt costumes they've worn to use

what's something that would look less dreary and not be too dumb?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I regret that I don't know much about them either. You could also try using something like white and a dark blue? I see they used white and black in the comic versions a good deal.

My Spiderverse proxies arrived, earlier than expected! Peni Parker and SP//dr end up being a reasonable size for the 65mm base - I am going to need to transfer the rubble onto the larger base because the robot looks odd without it:

With 50mm Doc Ock and 65mm Embiggened Ms. Marvel for comparison

I am probably going to leave Peni off to reflect that she is 'in mech' and also so that I can use her figure separately, which makes it a little shorter, but I think the width and mass still works. It's going to be smaller than real bruisers like Dormammu or the real Hulkbuster. I could maybe gain some height if I work with the base and give him more of a heap to stand on, but I don't know that's necessary.

I think I am going to need to give Peni something to be landing on, otherwise she's pretty teeny. That's not really bad but I'd like to give her a little more style, kind of like Miles leaping a newspaper box. I have to look and see what I have to use. Maybe even the trash barrel that comes in the core?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ashcans posted:

I think I am going to need to give Peni something to be landing on, otherwise she's pretty teeny. That's not really bad but I'd like to give her a little more style, kind of like Miles leaping a newspaper box. I have to look and see what I have to use. Maybe even the trash barrel that comes in the core?

I think the trash barrel would be great. I wouldn't buy it if you weren't already planning to, but the Crashed Sentinel terrain box comes with a little sprue that's a mailbox and another newspaper box. You might be able to ask around and find one someone isn't using, if you've got a community around.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
The stuff c27 and Trident is putting out for MCP is phenomenal. I have been totally sucked into playing A-force and there are amazing sculpts for most of the affiliation. The trick is finding the not sexy pinup versions.

I am looking for some suggestions on tokens, damage and power tracking tools people might be using. Being able to see all that information at a glance really helps me but more importantly my opponent. Is there anything anyone is using that they would recommend?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
There are some really cool card holders with dials for damage and power. Do NOT use them. They're really cool and look great from your view, but make it a lot harder for your opponent to see the values at a glance

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
I've only ever seen one good solution for tracking power/health that's not using the existing tokens and it's these bad boys:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/570626114/8-g10-0-99-life-counters

Big enough to read across the table, the cradle makes them stable so they don't roll around if the table is bumped. Every other dial and doodad has been a pain for the opponent

SpinyNorman867
Jan 5, 2006
".....Dinsdale?"
Played my first game of this last night and had a great time with it! We found the rules to be really easy to navigate after a round or so, and only had one situation that was unclear. I'm hoping someone here can confirm we did this correctly or explain what we did wrong if not.

Captain America used his Shield Slam on Red Skull. It caused enough damage to daze Skull. Normally, that attack would allow the target to be thrown, but because Red Skull had been dazed during the apply damage step, he is not an eligible target to be thrown anymore, and so the additional effect of Cap's attack doesn't go off. Am I getting this right?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

SpinyNorman867 posted:

Played my first game of this last night and had a great time with it! We found the rules to be really easy to navigate after a round or so, and only had one situation that was unclear. I'm hoping someone here can confirm we did this correctly or explain what we did wrong if not.

Captain America used his Shield Slam on Red Skull. It caused enough damage to daze Skull. Normally, that attack would allow the target to be thrown, but because Red Skull had been dazed during the apply damage step, he is not an eligible target to be thrown anymore, and so the additional effect of Cap's attack doesn't go off. Am I getting this right?

Correct -- because the throw occurs "after this attack is resolved." Note that there are similar abilities that trigger "before damage is dealt" in which case you would get to throw.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Building Valkyrie and boy are those some incomplete instructions. Just attach her head to her torso, no problem. Ah but her head is three weird pieces, sure.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

theironjef posted:

Building Valkyrie and boy are those some incomplete instructions. Just attach her head to her torso, no problem. Ah but her head is three weird pieces, sure.

These instructions have the head assembly.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Played Web Warriors against Convocation today, it started out pretty well but flipped in the final turns to a loss (although very narrow). The combination of missions causing damage/incinerate effect and not being able to Spider Sense Mystic damage wore my team down, while he was able to use some healing abilities and Ancient One's spender to wipe heroes out. Had fun though and learned a lot for a rematch!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I think the trash barrel would be great. I wouldn't buy it if you weren't already planning to, but the Crashed Sentinel terrain box comes with a little sprue that's a mailbox and another newspaper box. You might be able to ask around and find one someone isn't using, if you've got a community around.

This was great advice, someone in the local group was able to help me out! So good thinking.

Next step on this project: I am slightly unhappy that SP//dr isn't quite big enough to live up to the 65mm and the Hulkbuster proxy, strongly considering scaling up the print to make it natively 65mm and proportionally larger. I know very little about 3D printing so I have to talk to someone about if the detail would drop too badly, but given that its a robot I think it would be ok?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I painted 6½ minis this weekend thanks to contrast paints and a tritone zenithal prime, and they all look amazing. Going back with some drybrushing or a metallic highlight works wonders on making the colors really pop.

I know I'm never going to win a painting contest, but having models that don't look embarrassing on the game field matters at least a little to me, and these turned out incredible. I will never basecoat in plain acrylics again.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ashcans posted:

Next step on this project: I am slightly unhappy that SP//dr isn't quite big enough to live up to the 65mm and the Hulkbuster proxy, strongly considering scaling up the print to make it natively 65mm and proportionally larger. I know very little about 3D printing so I have to talk to someone about if the detail would drop too badly, but given that its a robot I think it would be ok?

That should be pretty fine, I think! Shouldn't be any huge problems there.

I also lost against Convocation today too. Being able to bypass so many special defenses with Strange as your leader is just so strong

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

Shrecknet posted:

:words: show us your painted minis.

One thing I look forward to painting MCP stuff is each miniature is not going to be duplicated 40 times, so I don't mind spending more time on each one. Or mixing up a colour for a particular layer because I wont have to repeat it and take copious notes in order to recreate the recipe. I have finished underpainting Moonknight and I am just considering doing a few shadows and highlights but otherwise leaving him as is.

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 11, 2022

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hoboskins posted:

One thing I look forward to in painting MCP stuff is because each miniature is not going to be duplicated 40 times

this is generally why I quickly dropped 40k after it was my gateway drug, I could not stomach the idea of painting 10 to 15 loving marines.

Finally finished Juggernaut with Pro Acryl paints, what a unit

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hoboskins posted:

show us your painted minis.
purple hand gang

RISE UP

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shrecknet posted:

purple hand gang

RISE UP

thanos gang looking real sharp, the improvement from the old priming method def paid off; colors on these guys are nice af :respek:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Just getting started myself but it's nice to be painting again after a long while.

Dang, phone postin' did not work to upload my dudes.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 11, 2022

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Shrecknet posted:

purple hand gang

RISE UP

I just need to say one thing: black rim your bases.

Black rim makes the rest of it look so much better.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Alright, let's try this again.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely loving seeing all the painted stuff lately!

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

All those minis look great! I need to stop fiddling around airbrushing and get painting.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

admanb posted:

I just need to say one thing: black rim your bases.

Black rim makes the rest of it look so much better.
I like the silver rim because I do green piping on figs that have stealth (because I forget they have stealth)

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Now that I've finished Super Fantasy Brawl I can get back to MCP! I'm only behind 22 models...

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dormammu wept

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
hell kitty is a monster and I'm here for it

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Malekith's card rules and I'm looking forward for an excuse to revisit Cabal after shelving them for a while.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jfc Malekith's stats. 7 threat means you're pretty much taking him with 3 other 3-threats but with that insane card he's going to be an absolute monster that will wipe the floor with people. Being able to hit all 3 aspects with those attacks is also crazy.

Apocalypse will probably someday be in the same 7-threat tier.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
a 7 / 3 / 3 / 3 is only 16 threat, the most common is 17. in which you could take 7 / 5 / 3 / 2 or 7 / 4 / 3 / 3 both options give you a lot of breathing room for flexin. I feel like you want, at most, 4 wide at 17 so you can generally keep priority against the wide teams

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

7/4/4/2 is also super viable and 4s are stupendous right now

Malekith/Red Skull/Bucky/Bullseye sounds like a good time at the Murder Ball

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Finally my Dormammu/Malekith/Wong faction is ready to go.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

You can watch the stream but here are the highlights.

Strucker: Hydra Leader
Red Skull: Hydra Leader.
Sentinels
Blob and Pyro Character Pack
Some cool cad Pictures of Redskull in a tank and other terrain stuff

Oh Redskull has a ridiculous tactics card. Spend 10 power Redskull and all characters within 2' get staggered. For the rest of the game Redskull has a new passive super power. He gets a third action.

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 15, 2022

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

A third action (I assume you knew that and just used a different term, but it is an important distinction.)

It’s a wild card. It’ll be basically impossible to get off before rd3 and with the built-in stagger that means you’re getting your first bonus action rd4. So probably only averaging 1-2 bonus actions per game for 10 power.

BUT staggering everything within 2 might be good on its own? So who knows! Definitely a fun card to play if not good.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah the aoe stagger without spending an action is wild. also happens in power phase. on close in maps it could be super deadly

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

admanb posted:

A third action (I assume you knew that and just used a different term, but it is an important distinction.)

It’s a wild card. It’ll be basically impossible to get off before rd3 and with the built-in stagger that means you’re getting your first bonus action rd4. So probably only averaging 1-2 bonus actions per game for 10 power.

BUT staggering everything within 2 might be good on its own? So who knows! Definitely a fun card to play if not good.

Yep corrected. Without knowing how the Grunts work it might be possible top of turn two power phase if you plan for it with say advanced R&D use his superpower and his gainer. it is RNG 3 so its possible but unlikely. I think Versatile Strategy has some play in Hydra with the way Strucker's leadership works. His seems more situational.

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 15, 2022

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I have a feeling the Hydra Council tactics card they haven’t spoiled yet is gonna let you switch between leaderships, possibly including head torso guy. Because both leaderships seem good, but low power.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
if Zola has another leadership that would be pretty cool. would also be very themey for them to do the cut one head off and another takes over

either way Hydra is shaping up to have some neat toys

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

admanb posted:

I have a feeling the Hydra Council tactics card they haven’t spoiled yet is gonna let you switch between leaderships, possibly including head torso guy. Because both leaderships seem good, but low power.
Versatile Leadership is already a card :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

They say in the stream High Council has 5 requirements. you get a whole bunch of things as a result of doing all 5 of those actions in a turn. Scientific Method which is Zola's card supposedly has a permanent game effect too. If you want to listen it is at minute 48 or so of the stream. Also the splash art is great!

Edit was just listening in to the ending of the stream: More web warriors, mutants and they specifically used the phrase 'Sinister Spider Foes', hopefully some Sinister 6.

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 16, 2022