Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
All these tennis comics just feel so uncomfortably close to the decades-old retreads of "can't believe this nonwhite celebrity is being so uppity and uncouth", regardless of the actual issues being raised by said celebrities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Gary Markstein

Michael Ramirez

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Markstein

This maze had better be unsolvable.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Wow imagine if democratic government institutions were taken over by politics

You loving idiot Robert

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Politics is bad! We hate politics!!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Our poo poo: simple practical common sense
Their poo poo: politics

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm pretty sure a trans woman would not refer to herself as dad. Also, strippers are inherently bad caregivers I guess?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
There is truly an incredible amount going on in that cartoon, and it's easy to overlook the fact that the parent is reading a book of witch craft

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I'm off on holiday for a month starting tomorrow. I may still post but it'll be more sporadically.

China Daily

11/7
'Black Swan' Shock by Luo Jie

12/7
Climate Emergency by Song Chen

Le Monde

The site hasn't updated since June. I wonder if they're not on holiday until September or something. The paper is being published with comics of course. May just be an online thing.

Charlie Hebdo

A bit of shade to protect from the heat
"Thanks Macron."
It was revealed that Macron bent over backwards to allow Uber access to French markets. Not surprisingly really but still.

:nws:Cars loving Cartoonishly

Protect the children from these horrors

:nws:Fly dick in a wine bottle

This seems to be linked to an article about flies, and their ecological niche.

The trans-humans are among us!
"You shouldn't be surprised you've got the runs, you've been eating mussels since we arrived!"
I don't quite the trans pun. If someone has an idea let me know. I don't know if it's a joke on transpeople in general or if it means something else.

"We can't just leave it!"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

11/7
'Black Swan' Shock by Luo Jie

Lol I actually love this cartoon

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The trans-humans are among us!
"You shouldn't be surprised you've got the runs, you've been eating mussels since we arrived!"
I don't quite the trans pun. If someone has an idea let me know. I don't know if it's a joke on transpeople in general or if it means something else.

"Transhuman, or trans-human, is the concept of an intermediary form between human and posthuman.[1] In other words, a transhuman is a being that resembles a human in most respects but who has powers and abilities beyond those of standard humans."

Not sure how that works...

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Nenonen posted:

"Transhuman, or trans-human, is the concept of an intermediary form between human and posthuman.[1] In other words, a transhuman is a being that resembles a human in most respects but who has powers and abilities beyond those of standard humans."

Not sure how that works...

Maybe it's a pun on the sound he's making, "Gnnn, Gnnnn!" is both the sound of pushing one out, but also perhaps of machinery?

I have no clue.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Alhazred posted:

I'm pretty sure a trans woman would not refer to herself as dad. Also, strippers are inherently bad caregivers I guess?

You ever notice that every anti-trans cartoon has the trans character "admitting" that they're really just a guy in drag?
It's never "My name is Susan."
It's always "I'm Mike the sicko pervert in a dress, but you can call me Susan, heh heh heh"

I mean, I get why, the bigotry and transphobia and generally being a loathsome lovely excuse for a human being determined to dehumanize a group of real people, but still.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If you are capable of enough empathy to try to understand how someone's gender identity works, you're never gonna cut it as a transphobia propagandist.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Lol I actually love this cartoon

It's not a cartoon about how bad the US is and that China definitely did nothing wrong.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I've also yet to see a mass shooter who's family background was that his parents were genderqueer or strippers.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Some people just have weird genders and have a mix of gender signifiers. Eg, take testosterone, wear a dress, have a male name. That's not any more perverted than a normative gender presentation. A lot of these caricatures tend to fit actual trans people I know, though usually it's trans men.

I'm also just in awe at the logic on display here.

1. man in dress
2. ???
3. widespread mass murder

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

AGC. I mean there’s nothing else really to say. The mass shooters love to post their manifestos and yeah they’re universally right wing crazy people who buy into Trump’s racist fascist bullshit.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

You accidentally seem to have posted the cum edit first.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Japan: a nation busts

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:gizz:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

2002?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Kellies Nomination: Worst Obituary

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:
First batch of Sinfest comics for the new year! Welcome to 2022 everyone!

But what's this? The anthropomorphic 2021 plotline still hasn't wrapped up yet?

Place your bets now, how far into 2022 will 2021 get to live? My money is on this lasting until at least the beginning of February.

I understand nothing of what's going on here. Do you read left to right, top to bottom?? Like what?

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

100YrsofAttitude posted:

In English, "trans-" is also a prefix for, loosely speaking, "goes across or through," such as transatlantic for anything that crosses the Atlantic. If it works the same way in French (which it probably should, it apparently comes from Latin), then it might just be a pun about, well, bad food running through that guy ("trans"-human).

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ben Garrison posted:

Hey Pard’ner, where’s your oil?

Apparently the leadership in Texas learned nothing from the winter ice storms and rolling blackouts last winter. When electricity was needed most, there was none. Wind turbines froze. Solar power got snowed over. Green energy failed. Many Texans froze.

Governor Greg Abbott talks the talk, but he hasn’t walked the walk. Abbott is all hat and no cattle—and no extra electricity! The Texas borders remain wide open and Abbott complains, but so far he has done nothing. Is he controlled by the Bush family who still have had their grapple hooks sunk into the Lone Star State for way too long? Perhaps.

It’s time to acknowledge reality. Green energy isn’t enough. Solar and wind power cannot compete with the amount of electricity that can be produced by coal, oil, and gas-fired power plants. Despite rising demand, new power plants aren’t being built. No new oil refineries, either. Even though Texas has plenty of oil to run power plants, it’s not allowed. There could be clean-burning coal plants, too…but the heartless, demented Biden will stick with solar and the ugly windmills no matter how much citizens suffer.

Meanwhile in China, they burn all the fossil fuel they like. They’re not subject to any WEF/Paris Accord/Green New Deal. Biden never mentions that because he’s a traitor who works for China. He sent nearly a million barrels of our oil reserves to a Chicom-owned energy company. Yes, the same company that the degenerate Hunter Biden made a deal with and I’m sure the ‘big guy’ is getting his 10 percent.

Texas is hot in the summer. They need air conditioning. Asking them to turn it off while Biden sends our US Oil Reserves to foreign countries will lower Biden’s popularity rating still further. Democrat candidates in Texas will also become less popular. Hispanics who have long voted blue may switch toward red. That is, if Texas elections aren’t rigged like in many other states.

Building more windmills is not the answer. Oil from Texas itself can be used in new power plants to generate the electricity needed. It’s time for Texans to vote for common sense power production.
I looked up Texas refineries and got hits for explosions and fires in 2021 and 2022 lol

Also, known Enemies of Oil, the Bush Family.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Common sense power solutions would involve hooking up to the rest of the country and actually abiding by national standards.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

A joke so badly structured he had to have a headline magically appear on the newspaper between panels to explain the joke

I mean this really could have just been one panel. There's nothing visually different between the panels except the position of an arm which is totally inconsequential anyway!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lol gently caress garrison. The wind plants were over performing during the freezes while the fossil fuels dragged thier feet.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lord Stimperor posted:

I understand nothing of what's going on here. Do you read left to right, top to bottom?? Like what?

For your own health and safety, the best way to read Sinfest is Don't.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Politoons 2022 : the best way to read Sinfest is Don't.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory leadership contest – Candidates in the race to replace Boris Johnson are setting out their pitches"

Telegraph:

Matt:

:sun: Britain braced for national heatwave emergency :supaburn:

Times:

Britain to have new PM by 5 September as Tory leadership rules announced

Evening Standard:

NASA reveals stunning deep space images as James Webb Telescope detects water vapour around planet 1,150 light years from Earth

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Images of stars clearer than before doesn’t lend itself to DEBT, but I have high hopes some cartoonist will slap that badboy on the Webb starfield image

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Dr. VooDoo posted:

AGC. I mean there’s nothing else really to say. The mass shooters love to post their manifestos and yeah they’re universally right wing crazy people who buy into Trump’s racist fascist bullshit.
Hmm, okay, true, true, but what if - and bear with me here - what if we just pretended somehow it was actually the fault of gays and trans people? Like, with no support whatsoever, but just sort of said it was, out loud, and then pretended it was true? That's just as good right?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Alhazred posted:

Don't Caitlyn Jenner's kids still call her dad? I don't know if she calls herself dad though.

Pants Donkey posted:

I looked up Texas refineries and got hits for explosions and fires in 2021 and 2022 lol

Also, known Enemies of Oil, the Bush Family.

Garrison trying to blame Texas refusing to adhere to national power grid standards on imaginary "overreliance on green energy" in loving Texas is wild.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ben Garrison with another lovingly rendered rear end.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Laziest Non-Gorrell

Laziest Non-Non-Gorell

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

This is a reference to a conversation at a round table on immigration back in 2015 where Peter Dutton joked the meeting was running on "Cape York time" and (then PM) Tony Abbott replied with "we had a bit of that up in Port Moresby". Dutton then said "time doesn't mean anything when you're about to have water lapping at your door" and then Scott Morrison pointed out they were under a microphone.

Le Lievre:

Albanese’s jobs summit: Who will get an invite? (AFR).

Wilcox:

'Stunning blow': Push to elevate role of women in Catholic Church fails (The Age).

Lethbridge:

The "big game" is the State of Origin rugby game 3 between NSW and Queensland, the towel is for Queensland's team the Maroons (Lethbridge is cartoonist for the Courier Mail in Brisbane, I've skipped a lot of his rugby cartoons).

Warren Brown:

The Aboriginal Flag to be flown on the Sydney Harbour Bridge, plus the State of Origin rugby. Blues is the NSW team (Warren is cartoonist for the Daily Telegraph in Sydney, I've also skipped a lot of his rugby cartoons).

Spooner:

COVID isolation exemption cut from 12 to 4 weeks as previous infections are only offering limited immunity to reinfection, plus surgery waiting times as hospitals are overwhelmed.

Downes:

Krispy Kreme donuts to be served at Tasmanian BP service station stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

Ben Garrison posted:

Governor Greg Abbott talks the talk, but he hasn’t walked the walk.

lol Ben did this on purpose didn't he?