Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Discussion Quorum posted:

Gosh golly what is the point of a trial now? Your honor, I propose my client be released on account of having irrefutably proved his guilt, sparing the prosecution the need to do anything.

In other news, I found the backstory to the "Anne Frank had white privilege" tweet and apparently it started because people thought the term "PAWG" was racist and detoured into doxing and threatening a pet pig? I think the brain worms took a W here.

https://twitter.com/naebumaye/status/1545932963912851458?t=qianZFrD_IkFJNiRdDb5Ng&s=19

I can read the words you posted, but when I try to parse their meaning I get a sensation similar to the one I have after I drink a double dose of NyQuil while managing a triple digit fever. Just sweaty malaise and confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/1546498321115660291?s=24&t=lueyNo2MCN4lnzwJqBu1Kw

Apparently the Fascists in the GOP couldn’t get enough of ole Vicky Orban, so they’re flying him to Texas to speak on how to destroy democracy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol just how is “phat rear end white girl” racist?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crab Dad posted:

Lol just how is “phat rear end white girl” racist?

I am by no means an expert on what’s racist, but I imagine if you can’t say it about black girls, you probably can’t say it about white girls.

Or something like that.

Again, no expert, just taking a guess here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I am by no means an expert on what’s racist, but I imagine if you can’t say it about black girls, you probably can’t say it about white girls.

Or something like that.

Again, no expert, just taking a guess here.

BBBW.
Lordy this isn’t hard.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Discussion Quorum posted:

Gosh golly what is the point of a trial now? Your honor, I propose my client be released on account of having irrefutably proved his guilt, sparing the prosecution the need to do anything.

In other news, I found the backstory to the "Anne Frank had white privilege" tweet and apparently it started because people thought the term "PAWG" was racist and detoured into doxing and threatening a pet pig? I think the brain worms took a W here.

https://twitter.com/naebumaye/status/1545932963912851458?t=qianZFrD_IkFJNiRdDb5Ng&s=19

I wish Elon would buy Twitter just to shut down this kind of idiotic discourse

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It was pretty disturbing driving through central PA to go mountain biking a few months back and seeing EVERY farmhouse with a Mastriano sign out in front. I'm sure he's not popular in Pittsburgh or Philly but rural PA is kinda scary at times.

I really like Shapiro, but Wolf pissed off too many people during Covid (specifically regarding the shutdown and asymmetrical applications of business restrictions). Mastriano has this locked unless some wild poo poo happens.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I wish Elon would buy Twitter just to shut down this kind of idiotic discourse

I hope the Musk/Twitter ouroborous manages to eat itself and winks out of existence, leaving behind only spaceships and a flash drive containing the archived tweets of John Fetterman dunking on Dr. Oz.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/1546498321115660291?s=24&t=lueyNo2MCN4lnzwJqBu1Kw

Apparently the Fascists in the GOP couldn’t get enough of ole Vicky Orban, so they’re flying him to Texas to speak on how to destroy democracy.

Fart fart farrrrrtfartfart

At least this time they're going to Dallas, Houston has had enough chud events for a while

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/stphnfwlr/status/1546476045112676352

:bighow:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I really like Shapiro, but Wolf pissed off too many people during Covid (specifically regarding the shutdown and asymmetrical applications of business restrictions). Mastriano has this locked unless some wild poo poo happens.

We're basically in wild poo poo territory, based on what I'm seeing in polling data. Pissed people vote and a lot of Democrats converted from being extremely disappointed to being pissed off after Roe/Guns/etc. going on. Biden's carrying approval ratings in the low thirties in the same battleground states where the Democrats are slightly ahead. A lot of "Biden loving sucks, but holy gently caress that other guy and hey this Fetterman guy ain't like the others".

If the GOP nominated a bunch of Youngkins for governor/senate, they probably take AZ/NV/MI/PA easily. But they're basically nominating Mastrianos and J6ers instead. MI would be loving cooked if the local Democrats and organizations didn't organize a ballot initiative to propose adding abortion rights to the state constitution in the 2022 midterm vote.

But then again, this could be the kind of year where the Democratic Brand is so toxic that a whole herd of Mastrianos get ushered in. Pennsyltucky is no joke.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What we should be doing is poisoning the air so that they get bad air instead!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

So what you're saying is that we need some sort of Air Defense?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

piL posted:

So what you're saying is that we need some sort of Air Defense?

Nah, there’s a lot going on in Air Defense Artillery.

You’ll need some kind of force.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I cannot fathom how many dumb motherfuckers are going to vote for him simply because he has a goddamn R after his name.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I cannot fathom how many dumb motherfuckers are going to vote for him simply because he has a goddamn R after his name.

Do you think it's higher or lower than the number voting for him solely because he was a football player they remember?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Madurai posted:

Do you think it's higher or lower than the number voting for him solely because he was a football player they remember?

That's actually a tough question. The Venn Diagram has gotta be a near perfect circle there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
First JWST image just dropped:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
We’re gonna need to add another chevron to the stargate system.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wonder which one is Bigfoot's home planet's system...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

yeah videogames are basically real

https://twitter.com/mirikramer/status/1546626239879954433?t=92tkdxfC86GOwoUGbO5NiQ&s=19

quote:

What they're saying: "You're seeing galaxies that are shining around other galaxies whose light has been bent, and you're seeing just a small, little portion of universe," NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said alongside Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on Monday.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Dang the universe is pretty big.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

And we are all alone

Literally nobody wants anything to do with us.

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1546598480055001090.html

This is some crazy byzantine Da Vinci Code style J6/SCOTUS/Roe wackiness and I’m too tired to figure out if this is real, half real, or just the fever dream of some twitter rando.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Crab Dad posted:

And we are all alone

I honestly believe the true answer to Fermi's Paradox is that it's so expensive in energy/resource terms to even approach the speed of light or otherwise make a slower than light self-sustainable/colony ship that even if there is life elsewhere it's just too hard to make it out of your local area.

Either that or any sufficiently advanced race would see us and know better than to stick their hand into the ant farm.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcella posted:

I honestly believe the true answer to Fermi's Paradox is that it's so expensive in energy/resource terms to even approach the speed of light or otherwise make a slower than light self-sustainable/colony ship that even if there is life elsewhere it's just too hard to make it out of your local area.

Either that or any sufficiently advanced race would see us and know better than to stick their hand into the ant farm.

That or we start using the warp…granted that has its own issues. Do we have a astropaths and gellar fields yet?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Crab Dad posted:

And we are all alone

I mean I wouldn't want to get involved with us either.

Just observe the psycho upright primates decimate their home and themselves from a healthy distance.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

He really is too good for us.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

The aliens on UFOs lock their doors when they drive by Earth

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looking like second boosters for The Youngs will be authorized in about two weeks. Reformulated vaccines will probably be out in October. From what I'm reading, an Omicron BA.1 formulated vaccine might not work as well for the current BA.5, so they're trying to figure that out while the original still keeps people out of the hospital at minimum.

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1546625478613766144?t=DgvQYopiqfNMr68OU-JXuQ&s=19

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Arcella posted:

That's just what the government wants you to believe. WAKE UP

Vortex Street posted:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1546598480055001090.html

This is some crazy byzantine Da Vinci Code style J6/SCOTUS/Roe wackiness and I’m too tired to figure out if this is real, half real, or just the fever dream of some twitter rando.

You know the answer to your question in your heart of hearts

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 12, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
We should turn it into a gacha loot box thing where there are rare "shiny" vaccines that are only cosmetically different but most of the time you get jabbed it's just a placebo. Catch gen z and boomer game whales at the same time

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I refuse to believe that FTL travel is impossible. The universe is endless and we will eventually explore it rather than be stuck only on one tiny spec of sand.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Arcella posted:

For scale, that picture represents a portion of the sky covered by a grain of sand held at arm's length.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

I refuse to believe that FTL travel is impossible. The universe is endless and we will eventually explore it rather than be stuck only on one tiny spec of sand.

lol read the room, we're dying on this rock.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the only thing larger than the universe is how little we actually know about it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yfcwY2xLGE

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The light from distant stars has been determined to be shifted towards the red end of the spectrum. This is generally considered to be evidence that the universe is expanding. However, they could simply be trying to get away from us.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NJersey posted:

lol read the room, we're dying on this rock.

A few idiots might die on the red rock or the grey rock, but we're not leaving the inner solar system.

Or as the biosphere collapse thread may note:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

What China is doing in some places is lovely but it's not "imperialism" nor does it justify Japan, a country that hasn't exactly grappled with it's fascist past, re-arming.

When does it turn into imperialism? I want to make sure I'm looking.