Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It is a great CoD game tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Ryoga posted:

My uneducated CoD opinion is that even if Infinite Warfare was not a great CoD game, it was perhaps the best Battlestar Galactica game ever.

I would totally play more games in that universe but apparently everyone else hated it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

priznat posted:

I want a new shoot mans game until MW2 so EA make BF2042 free on game pass ultimate please and thank you.

I know it sucks tremendous rear end but the new update and map looks fun.

Don’t waste your time. It’s absolutely awful. I’m a huge bf guy and I thought there was nowhere to go but up from after 5 was one of the shittiest shooters ever, but 2042 proved that wrong

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The good cods are 4, mw2, blops, blops2, and mw2019

Never played ghost or infinite, so idk about those

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Infinite and Advanced Warfare own

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
imo anybody who doesn't list 2 in their list of "best cods" needs to buy a one way ticket to the surface of the sun :blastu:

i hated ghosts when it came out but i played it again recently and actually i kinda like it. the alien mode is fun in short bursts and the multiplayer feels very much like MW3

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

2 hasn’t aged well imo. Some of it is great and some of it stinks. It’s all over the place.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Blue Raider posted:

Don’t waste your time. It’s absolutely awful. I’m a huge bf guy and I thought there was nowhere to go but up from after 5 was one of the shittiest shooters ever, but 2042 proved that wrong

Yeah, probably not. I was a huge BF guy too but didn’t care for BF1 (I will admit to it being pretty good I just didn’t like it) and then absolutely hated BF5 which pretty much killed the franchise for me. I had hopes for 2042 but lol :dice:

It’s funny because a friend of my son’s dad is a manager at EA and even within the company DICE has a reputation of being huge moneyburning fuckups.

I didn’t really start playing CoDs until mw2019, it had always seemed too hard to enjoy multiplayer because of the tryhards who stomp anyone who doesn’t play 10 hours a day. But then I would just play PC, it’s probably the worst for that.

priznat fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 11, 2022

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
half-life 1 is one of the shittest quake-inspired FPS games and has aged like air fried dog poo poo but it's still one of the best ever made imo. same way i feel about CoD2. that "spotting the tanks" mission in the British campaign still pisses me off big time though

priznat posted:

Yeah, probably not. I was a huge BF guy too but didn’t care for BF1 (I will admit to it being pretty good I just didn’t like it) and then absolutely hated BF5 which pretty much killed the franchise for me. I had hopes for 2042 but lol :dice:

basically my battlefield experience in a nutshell. big fan of every single game through 4, then hardline kinda sucked, 1 was decent but wasn't very engaging, and V/2042 made me pretty much never play battlefield again except for BF2:MC on the og xbox which is still amazing

barnold fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 11, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

barnold posted:

half-life 1 is one of the shittest quake-inspired FPS games and has aged like air fried dog poo poo

I’d expect dumbass takes like this from the failstation 5 thread… but in here??? please

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

barnold posted:

half-life 1 is one of the shittest quake-inspired FPS games and has aged like air fried dog poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8-jbnYImig

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

barnold posted:

idk how is sekiro any different than pong, you're just fiddling with handheld controls while some pixels move around on the screen. the atari 2600 ought to be enough for anybody

So you can’t answer cause there’s no difference, got it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

priznat posted:

It’s funny because a friend of my son’s dad is a manager at EA and even within the company DICE has a reputation of being huge moneyburning fuckups.

I didn’t really start playing CoDs until mw2019, it had always seemed too hard to enjoy multiplayer because of the tryhards who stomp anyone who doesn’t play 10 hours a day. But then I would just play PC, it’s probably the worst for that.

I played a lot of 1, but I agree, it didn’t feel right. The last great bf was 4 imo.

Regular cod multiplayer is real hot and cold. Some games you’ll go 30-3 and some you’ll get wrecked. Way she goes. I can’t explain this, but I think the skill ceiling in regular cod multi is pretty low, and the floor is fairly high due to how easily the games play. The real sweats are in warzone

E- I’m only talking about normal competitive multi. I’ve never played ranked and never will because that shits cancer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

I played a lot of 1, but I agree, it didn’t feel right. The last great bf was 4 imo.

Regular cod multiplayer is real hot and cold. Some games you’ll go 30-3 and some you’ll get wrecked. Way she goes. I can’t explain this, but I think the skill ceiling in regular cod multi is pretty low, and the floor is fairly high due to how easily the games play. The real sweats are in warzone

E- I’m only talking about normal competitive multi. I’ve never played ranked and never will because that shits cancer

I think it is the sbmm being weird, once you hit a level it just starts combining you with all the awesome folks.

I am hooked on the mw2019 ones just for the sound effects, weapon models and animations and the movement. It just feels really good to play!

Normally I like playing warzone plunder (aka dad modes) the most because they can be either hunting down other players or just kind of doing your thing with respawns, but they don’t have that mode on anymore (also caldera sucks, bring back OG verdansk!)

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’d expect dumbass takes like this from the failstation 5 thread… but in here??? please

let the hate flow through you

lmao video owns

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

priznat posted:

I think it is the sbmm being weird, once you hit a level it just starts combining you with all the awesome folks.

I am hooked on the mw2019 ones just for the sound effects, weapon models and animations and the movement. It just feels really good to play!

Normally I like playing warzone plunder (aka dad modes) the most because they can be either hunting down other players or just kind of doing your thing with respawns, but they don’t have that mode on anymore (also caldera sucks, bring back OG verdansk!)

MW2019 sbmm is weighted entirely on the best player in your party which makes it real annoying as a console player to play with one of my friends on PC, but it definitely sharpened my skills quite a bit.

and i 100% agree with you on MW2019 feeling/sounding incredible. my favorite game to play with headphones up loud. the 'other' COD engine they used for black ops and vanguard looks and feels like a Quake 3 mod (yes I know all cods are a Q3 mod but this one is very obvious)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Laserface posted:

MW2019 sbmm is weighted entirely on the best player in your party which makes it real annoying as a console player to play with one of my friends on PC, but it definitely sharpened my skills quite a bit.

and i 100% agree with you on MW2019 feeling/sounding incredible. my favorite game to play with headphones up loud. the 'other' COD engine they used for black ops and vanguard looks and feels like a Quake 3 mod (yes I know all cods are a Q3 mod but this one is very obvious)

Yeah it looks and sounds so good, just the sound effects for things like hit markers and picking up cash really give a sweet sweet dopamine hit :haw:

I am really excited to see what MW2 multiplayer looks like, I'm probably going to preorder to get into the beta. Might even go for the vault to get all the extra goodies!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Maneki Neko posted:

I would totally play more games in that universe but apparently everyone else hated it

I liked it aside from the absolutely awful story. Wait, different troops don't get along -- but also robots!?! And the stupid ending.

Love all the low tech scifi stuff though.

barnold posted:

i hated ghosts when it came out but i played it again recently and actually i kinda like it. the alien mode is fun in short bursts and the multiplayer feels very much like MW3

I was expect it to be awful but it has some super wild levels. The actively flooding city is particularly bonkers.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The first COD still owns. 2 has some cool moments but it can get iffy. Infinite owns and all campaigns after it are bad to mediocre.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

MW19 had some cool missions like the kill house, but there were also a bunch of wave spawn levels that are played out

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

MW19 had some cool missions like the kill house, but there were also a bunch of wave spawn levels that are played out

Yeah other than the novelty levels like the nvg ones the campaign stuff is pretty meh.

It was disappointing how the coop and survival missions are too, just waves of enemies coming from any possible direction, it gets ridiculous. The 747 raid one was pretty fun but things like the embassy defense was not.

The only coop mode that has been somewhat fun are the large map zombies ones in cold war blackops and even that got a bit boring and they were pretty buggy on occasion too.

I’m really hoping that mw2 will have some replayable non pvp stuff other than a campaign.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MW2022 should be free multiplayer/warzone and then charge $60 for the campaign.

or just put it straight on gamepass im not fussy but I really dont give a hot gently caress about campaign in COD anymore.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Laserface posted:

MW2022 should be free multiplayer/warzone and then charge $60 for the campaign.

or just put it straight on gamepass im not fussy but I really dont give a hot gently caress about campaign in COD anymore.

Yah that would be cool, but multi will be $$ too I’m sure. I also would not bother buying a campaign if it was sold separately.

Wonder what the timeline for the acquisition is, my wild guess is won’t be merged til next spring.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
are you talking about modern warfare 1 and 2 when you say cod 1 and 2

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The og pc WW2 games were CoD 1 and 2. 2 got ported to 360 at some point

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Beastie posted:

The og pc WW2 games were CoD 1 and 2. 2 got ported to 360 at some point

2 was a launch 360 game and came out either day-and-date on both or close enough

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

TheScott2K posted:

2 was a launch 360 game and came out either day-and-date on both or close enough

Wow did not know that. I had a pc at the time so that’s where I played 2.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

was it COD3 that was on Wii? that was my first COD. then MW1 on 360 blew that out of the water.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Beastie posted:

Wow did not know that. I had a pc at the time so that’s where I played 2.

It and PGR3 were probably the only two actually-good games you could play on your new Xbox360 in 2005 if it actually worked. And maybe Quake 4, if you could deal with the framerate.

People played a lot of Halo 2 on that thing at first, kicking off the grand tradition of using your new Xbox primarily to play games made for your old Xbox.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
iirc the emulation on Halo 2 was pretty fucky through the console's lifespan though considering it wasn't hardware emulation like the PS3/PS2 stuff that's to be expected

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

TheScott2K posted:

It and PGR3 were probably the only two actually-good games you could play on your new Xbox360 in 2005 if it actually worked. And maybe Quake 4, if you could deal with the framerate.

People played a lot of Halo 2 on that thing at first, kicking off the grand tradition of using your new Xbox primarily to play games made for your old Xbox.
My group played Halo 2 for YEARS on the 360. I got so tired of it I rented Bioshock just to get everyone to try something different. And it became my favorite game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

barnold posted:

half-life 1 is one of the shittest quake-inspired FPS games and has aged like air fried dog poo poo but it's still one of the best ever made imo.

I remember my friend being over the moon showing me hl1 and I was so bored. I still don't get it. Hl2 is even worse, but at least the physics were kinda cool in cs and day of defeat source. That first night with goons playing css with reverse bomb poo poo was amazing.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

i really didn't think "HL1 kinda sucked and didn't age well" was that hot of a take but i guess i'm just sick and twisted. now let me boot up soldier of fortune

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think it's sillier to call it quake-inspired when if anything it was defined by breaking away from quake's abstract level design

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

fair enough. i take back "quake-inspired"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
:cheerdoge:

Tbh I heard the "HL1 actually sucks" opinion more a few years ago when people hated it for "killing" abstract level design and making scripted sequences but I think it's become easier for me to appreciate what it did nowadays

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

barnold posted:

i really didn't think "HL1 kinda sucked and didn't age well" was that hot of a take but i guess i'm just sick and twisted. now let me boot up soldier of fortune

Aw man that gives me nostalgia, Soldier of Fortune 2 was the last time I really felt like I was good at a multiplayer shooter :sigh:

That was great multiplayer, blowing dude's legs off with a shotgun :haw:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I didnt play Quake but HL1/2 good grief I loving hate the 'plot' of Half Life.

HL2 was a physics sandbox and that redeemed the gameplay but I couldnt give a poo poo if they never finish the story with HL3 or whatever. who cares. snooze.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boy howdy do I have the right thread for you guys!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809896&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

I remember my friend being over the moon showing me hl1 and I was so bored. I still don't get it. Hl2 is even worse,

barnold posted:

found the smooth brained PS5 owners