Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

They call me Hawk

Night Hawk

I don't understand MMO gamers who keep their character's name displayed at all times

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I don't understand MMO gamers who keep their character's name displayed at all times

it's so i don't forget who i am

also mainly so i can see how other people see me (like titles and icons and such)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Target yourself if you need the reminder

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I went to the back to the sylphs to lock in the peace deal and Yda and Pompouslinda showed up to take all the credit without doing one bit of work :argh: Frixio gave me a crystal as a token of friendship and I realised I'm doing a classic FF crystal scavenger hunt! I already have 3 and something good is sure to happen once I have all 6 :toot: Then one of the Twink Twins showed up at the Walking Sands and he has some kind of relationship with Minfilia and I'm kinda sketched out. And now a sylph has showed up in Thanalan asking for help and I think poo poo's about to kick off :ohdear:

Biggs and Wedge work on an airship and they have a mysterious engineer friend :thunkher:

I've noticed the Walking Sands is slowing picking up more and more people. Even the merchant I meant right at the start of the game is there now :3:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
and yet they still haven't picked up a crystal...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

Are you saying you can hide them?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are you saying you can hide them?

:sloppy:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rarity posted:

Then one of the Twink Twins showed up at the Walking Sands

im stealing this

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shrek 5 lookin good

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I'm playing turnip boy commits tax evasion. It's a fun little Zelda like. I think I'm pretty far into the game because I can't imagine it's very long and the charming game drops me in a nuclear fallout shelter with diary entries of a sad child that I then have to kill. Whaaaaaat???

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
reinstalling BF4 the good battlefield

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:eyepop:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

verbal enema posted:

:hai:

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Just finished Eastward. Good game. Somewhat wonky story/pacing, but it was fun. Looks really pretty. B+. I would rate higher but I can't decide what was intentionally open-ended storytelling and what was poorly story-boarded. I also missed two of Sam's powers because they were missable, which seems like a poorly thought-out design decision. Really good for a first release from the developers.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ilmucche posted:

I'm playing turnip boy commits tax evasion. It's a fun little Zelda like. I think I'm pretty far into the game because I can't imagine it's very long and the charming game drops me in a nuclear fallout shelter with diary entries of a sad child that I then have to kill. Whaaaaaat???

I hate that game on principle because I wanted to play a game about actual tax evasion, not a Zelda clone. :mad:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/vxunderground/status/1546479433405665280

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh my god. someone save klonoa

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
.hack is real

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

.hack is real

Oh my god

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

verbal enema posted:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
This is going to be a real dumb question, but if Namco Bandai didn't back up their data, could they have potentially lost the source code for several of their older titles forever?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

oh my god. someone save klonoa

it's too late, klonoa was the first victim of the criminals. they said that if their demands are not met in 6 hours Mr. Driller is next

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Willo567 posted:

This is going to be a real dumb question, but if Namco Bandai didn't back up their data, could they have potentially lost the source code for several of their older titles forever?

If it's anything like the Capcom ransomware attack, they're not gonna actually lose any data, but what's being held hostage is that data leaking.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh my god. they've already released Klonoa's credit card number

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
i'm hacking into bandai namco's bank account to funnel all their money to Klonoa's bank card.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wahoo!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can you put a little bit towards a tail concerto/solatorobo port

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Can you put a little bit towards a tail concerto/solatorobo port

Whoever is in charge of that series has some friends in high place or something and I bet they could get these greenlit along with a sequel if they just asked.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's cyberconnect2 and I think they finance those games as passion projects after getting a fat check for making a DBZ or Demon Slayer game because the CEO is a furry or something

the last one they made was Fuga (which owns) and according to the CC2 community twitter guy, didn't make back its budget.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 12, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Give me more little tail bronx games

I don't know if I could even identify any other games that fulfill the little niche they do right now. The niche of "anthropomorphic animals operating heavy machinery/mecha."

The worst thing about Tail Concerto is you're playing a cop, officer Waffle Ryebread. But he's a cop dog and all dogs are good so maybe it cancels out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
fuga has you blow up Nazi dogs so that's cool at least but otoh it isn't a Mega Man Legends clone like Tail Concerto

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
cc2 should make a sailor moon game, or slayers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Surprise, they're remastering .hack IMOQ for the anniversary

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Surprise, they're remastering .hack IMOQ for the anniversary

I wish.

The little opening vids from each of those games were pretty great. Even if it just amounts to them taking content from the game and making an AMV from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGhABVg4i1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmT7Ng5G_js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neN5AoMB3vI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlraQEUl-so

If they did remaster them I'd hope they streamline the gatehacking at least so there's absolutely no grinding to it whatsoever. And also ditch the infection system because that poo poo was dumb.

IMOQ had the better Phase designs of the 2 .hack// ps2 game series.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 12, 2022

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Rarity posted:

I've noticed the Walking Sands is slowing picking up more and more people. Even the merchant I meant right at the start of the game is there now :3:

don't forget to talk to them every time you visit! their dialogue changes pretty often, and getting attached to their stories will pay off

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Jay Rust posted:

Blackrock depths in classic world of warcraft was interesting, it's a massive dungeon with a bunch of wings and shortcuts and optional bosses and it feels close to what a D&D dungeon is like. And it was fun imo

That was built when they still thought dungeons were going to be un-instanced and expected them to work like EQ i.e. you fought your way to a spot with a rare/named job dropping something your party wanted and then killed trash and placeholders until it popped. Then you did it again because it is, of course, the rare drop that everyone wants. And then again again for the rest of the group.

Then they figured out instancing and turned dungeons into something you do, rather than a graphical IRC client with occasional moments of gameplay.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

verbal enema posted:

It's sort of incredible how bad the newest one is, even compared to 1 and V. It even looks worse somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think I found a glitch in Sekiro, there’s a boss from Dark Souls that found its way into Sekiro even though it’s a really bad fit for the gameplay and you have to kinda just sprint around it until it does one of the moves you can punish? It’s named Demon of Hatred and I’m really sure it was supposed to be a Dark Souls III boss but the game just poo poo itself?

demon of hatred is the worst kind of bad fight, a boring one, is what I’m getting at