Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

harperdc posted:

Yet we have Ferrari fans :confused: :italy:

thats mental illness I'm afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Diorama posted:

man reddit is really not brimming with clever people

"written like a novel" lmao, real intellectual powerhouses over there

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Reddit people are confused by high literary concepts such as "complete sentences"

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Also OP is clearly a non-native English speaker they called the guy's sandwiches "smeared bread" how much more euro can you be??

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Reddit, what is worse?

Calling people of Pakistani descent P****s or people from Europe euros? Discuss.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That Reddit post calling Astaldo’s post fake might be a fake since it’s not like Reddit doesn’t see verbose posts. There are a dozen advice subreddits that are dedicated to long posts about terrible weddings or asking for advice about crimes you’ve done.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Are objects in that mirror smaller than they appear?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pirate Radar posted:

That Reddit post calling Astaldo’s post fake might be a fake since it’s not like Reddit doesn’t see verbose posts. There are a dozen advice subreddits that are dedicated to long posts about terrible weddings or asking for advice about crimes you’ve done.

Yeah but much like here if you wander out of your assigned lane that's considered brigading and people want to ban you for it

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Imagine posting complete sentences and paragraphs on the internet. Take that poo poo to Amazon lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

So the Dutch person post was fabricated to slander Max and help haters of Red Bull cope with, uh *checks notes* Ferrari winning the Austrian GP? Also, it is competently written and grammatically correct so it can’t be real. Ok, got it.

in their dipshit parlance "copium" is some real monitor-off language, they just mean "words that scare me" because reddit's fulla kidfuckin' peckerwoods who cargo cult 4chan memes

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
imo less talk about Reddit more talk about how Ferrari has surely found their stride once again and is back in the driver's seat for WDC and WCC

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

imo less talk about Reddit more talk about how Ferrari has surely found their stride once again and is back in the driver's seat for WDC and WCC

the hell kinda stride almost gets their best driver killed

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The driver’s seat they’re in is like Carlos’s: getting hotter by the second

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Hey, he was able to get out of the car before it blew up, thats something, right?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Astaldo posted:

I'm Dutch and was at the race in Austria this weekend. Last time I went to a grand prix was in 2001 at the Nürburgring. I'm pretty sure I've never been as ashamed for my country as I was this weekend, which is a pretty high bar.

I remember at the 2001 GP I was 13 and it felt/sounded/looked really cool to me, because there was a lot of hommage to motorsports. I got excited and wanted to know more, so I started following F1 more because of this event.

This weekend was loving horrible. These people just come to watch Max win and play techno music, gently caress you. Couldn't see poo poo the first five laps. And for any who may think racial/sexist poo poo is being exaggerated, it isn't.

Mind you I am Dutch but I think orange is a dumb color, so I wore normal clothes like a white shirt on a warm summer day. Which led to some funny moments with people shouting WWII-references at me in bad German with a Dutch-accent , because that's how dumb these people are. I'm 6"3 and look very disinterested, so I get left alone.

Homophobic/racial slurs/songs were common, at one point I wasn't even noticing it anymore.
Just of the top of my head:

People shouting the N-word with fuming mouthbreathing fury at Lewis when he crashed.

Women could not walk in front of the stand at turn 3 or 4 (the only stands I was at) comfortably if they had any cleavage/leg/ female form showing.

But the worst one thing I noticed during this weekend was arguably subtler (at least for me) and I only really thought about it a little later:
I had claimed my spot for the sprint race and right before it started a person of color sat down next to me. There were almost no people of color there, there were mostly boomers and their sons (which includes me) who would be crying the next day when Max finished second.

Anyways, the guy seems like 22 or whatever and looked really jumpy to me as he's kind of flicking his eyes around like he's scared of getting mugged. He makes me nervous, so I start chatting to him about the race to just know wtf is up with this guy plus I like talking to people about F1 and this guy seemed to be here for that.

So he tells me he is a F1-fan from Britain, he flew out and says he's staying an hours drive away from the track. I notice he is wearing a 2008 Hamilton cap, back from when he couldn't have been older than 10, plus he packed his own smeared bread instead of buying €12 euro bratwurst at the track which makes me think it was a significant financial commitment for him to visit the event and/or he's not dumb. So I make a dumb comment saying he can relax as the cap is from 2008 and all these people are here because of DTS. Of course the guy smiles awkwardly and stays jumpy as there is a drunk orange mob of assholes around him. I hope he enjoyed the race in the end.

I thought about this guy after and how it saddens the poo poo out of me that he's so scared he looks like a fox being hunted by a pack of orange dogs. And how I would have definitely taken my loving Hamilton-cap off like a pussy. But I guess he was just trying to be a fan, unlike any of the other people there.
Lmao

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Astaldo posted:

I'm Dutch and was at the race in Austria this weekend. Last time I went to a grand prix was in 2001 at the Nürburgring. I'm pretty sure I've never been as ashamed for my country as I was this weekend, which is a pretty high bar.

I remember at the 2001 GP I was 13 and it felt/sounded/looked really cool to me, because there was a lot of hommage to motorsports. I got excited and wanted to know more, so I started following F1 more because of this event.

This weekend was loving horrible. These people just come to watch Max win and play techno music, gently caress you. Couldn't see poo poo the first five laps. And for any who may think racial/sexist poo poo is being exaggerated, it isn't.

Mind you I am Dutch but I think orange is a dumb color, so I wore normal clothes like a white shirt on a warm summer day. Which led to some funny moments with people shouting WWII-references at me in bad German with a Dutch-accent , because that's how dumb these people are. I'm 6"3 and look very disinterested, so I get left alone.

Homophobic/racial slurs/songs were common, at one point I wasn't even noticing it anymore.
Just of the top of my head:

People shouting the N-word with fuming mouthbreathing fury at Lewis when he crashed.

Women could not walk in front of the stand at turn 3 or 4 (the only stands I was at) comfortably if they had any cleavage/leg/ female form showing.

But the worst one thing I noticed during this weekend was arguably subtler (at least for me) and I only really thought about it a little later:
I had claimed my spot for the sprint race and right before it started a person of color sat down next to me. There were almost no people of color there, there were mostly boomers and their sons (which includes me) who would be crying the next day when Max finished second.

Anyways, the guy seems like 22 or whatever and looked really jumpy to me as he's kind of flicking his eyes around like he's scared of getting mugged. He makes me nervous, so I start chatting to him about the race to just know wtf is up with this guy plus I like talking to people about F1 and this guy seemed to be here for that.

So he tells me he is a F1-fan from Britain, he flew out and says he's staying an hours drive away from the track. I notice he is wearing a 2008 Hamilton cap, back from when he couldn't have been older than 10, plus he packed his own smeared bread instead of buying €12 euro bratwurst at the track which makes me think it was a significant financial commitment for him to visit the event and/or he's not dumb. So I make a dumb comment saying he can relax as the cap is from 2008 and all these people are here because of DTS. Of course the guy smiles awkwardly and stays jumpy as there is a drunk orange mob of assholes around him. I hope he enjoyed the race in the end.

I thought about this guy after and how it saddens the poo poo out of me that he's so scared he looks like a fox being hunted by a pack of orange dogs. And how I would have definitely taken my loving Hamilton-cap off like a pussy. But I guess he was just trying to be a fan, unlike any of the other people there.

ypu shouldve told them to follow a good team, hell the only good team which is Scuderia MissionWinNow Ferrari

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

in their dipshit parlance "copium" is some real monitor-off language, they just mean "words that scare me" because reddit's fulla kidfuckin' peckerwoods who cargo cult 4chan memes

so ething awful and reddit are the same site

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bip Roberts posted:

Are objects in that mirror smaller than they appear?

Heh hehehehe

Heheh

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FAUXTON posted:

No that was the marshal that started going towards the fire, put down the fire extinguisher and ran back to.... get more extinguishers? Have a smoke? go on break? :confused:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

track day bro! posted:

yeah basically, reddit has 'self-moderation' via the arrows so it's more normalized among their posters rather than just designated mods

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Chills

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

yeah basically, reddit has 'self-moderation' via the arrows so it's more normalized among their posters rather than just designated mods

it’s mainly the pedo accusations that make me lol, we literally had people defending some naked child anime last week. glass houses m8

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What I’m getting is that actually the American imperial system of measurements is correct and is also used worldwide despite European propaganda to the contrary? drat good thing America bought F1 imo

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i still havent watched formula 1 but im thinking maybe i should watch the race highlights. im working my way up to it by watching clips of wec monza

wec seems slightly less fraudulent than f1 as there aren’t as many fail british teams from britain which is a fail country

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

track day bro! posted:

Dead internet theory is true

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

track day bro! posted:

it’s mainly the pedo accusations that make me lol, we literally had people defending some naked child anime last week. glass houses m8

yeah who were they defending it against though

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

i still havent watched formula 1 but im thinking maybe i should watch the race highlights. im working my way up to it by watching clips of wec monza

wec seems slightly less fraudulent than f1 as there aren’t as many fail british teams from britain which is a fail country

Fórmula thisbyears has been great. There are only been 4 races: Bahrein, australia, Silverstone and Austria

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
wec owns

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

track day bro! posted:

:aatrek:

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i don't know who out there is reading this and needs to hear this, but: ferrari owns. they loving own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Sports cars for the racing, F1 for the drama and epic Reddit memes (omg hi Reddit!!!!).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

POCKET CHOMP posted:

i don't know who out there is reading this and needs to hear this, but: ferrari owns. they loving own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they do own, op

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Failrari lol

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
you spelled it wrong, op. "ferrari" as in #forzaferari hope this helps (HTH)

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Masi completely out. Will move to Australia and live in shame after handing the WDC to the most underserving driver ever.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

POCKET CHOMP posted:

you spelled it wrong, op. "ferrari" as in #forzaferari hope this helps (HTH)

Quoting this for the excellent spelling

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
phwoaaar cant wait to see Ferrari win F1 and WEC in 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptEjLWW9xxo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
WEC is fantastic to just jump on and watch racing, the issue with sports cars is that there is no one cast of characters that you can get behind for the drama and lols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

reported for racism