Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I let my card lapse because there's not much point to it unless I want to buy edibles. Can't buy more than 8g of concentrate a day now with or without the card (Colorado), flower is still double the rec limit but I mostly stick with wax and shatter.

I do miss the stuff from my favorite medical shop, but I'll survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hey thanks for reminding me I need to get a medical card while I still have a job so I can just seamlessly transition to the one I've got lined up in April

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I let my card lapse because there's not much point to it unless I want to buy edibles. Can't buy more than 8g of concentrate a day now with or without the card (Colorado), flower is still double the rec limit but I mostly stick with wax and shatter.

I do miss the stuff from my favorite medical shop, but I'll survive.

Medical is mostly for taxes in MI. Rec has a 10% excise tax + 6% sales tax, medical is just 6%. Also, being able to get the high CBD strains and other medical-only poo poo is very nice when needed. This might be my last year with it, but I've said that before so we'll see

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Taxes are higher on rec here too, but the big medical card advantage now is edibles, and I just don't like spending that kind of money when I can dump the contents of my dab rig into some butter.

There's plenty of rec deals that rival medical prices here, too, especially in Pueblo. My last oz of flower was $50 out the door. It's not great weed, but it's not brick style either, still gets me plenty high in a 1g joint.

Also I kinda want a new revolver and having a medical card on an easy to check database isn't great if the local gun shop guy smells weed on you. NICS doesn't check the lists, but anyone doing the paperwork at the shop can easily find the rolls. That can lead to a charge for lying on form 4473 (feds consider medical weed an addictive drug).

Meanwhile, any idiot with an opiate prescription can get a gun whenever they please. 'Merica.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i saw marijuana trending on twitter, this is what it shows when you click it lmao

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'm struggling with not having enough M&Ms, sure.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Anybody got good (electric?) grinder recommendations? I sometimes have trouble gripping the big round ones which makes turning the blades part difficult. I had one with a crank but the crank broke and that makes it pretty useless.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

struggling to smoke all this drat weed. whose bright idea was it to let me grow four plants?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

mrking posted:

Anybody got good (electric?) grinder recommendations? I sometimes have trouble gripping the big round ones which makes turning the blades part difficult. I had one with a crank but the crank broke and that makes it pretty useless.

Could you grab a cheap electric coffee blade grinder and roll with that?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

poverty goat posted:

struggling to smoke all this drat weed. whose bright idea was it to let me grow four plants?
I go through like maybe an Oz a year tops,

I've been looking at doing canna bonsai on my balcony, And when recreational hits here it looks like a couple well planned autoflower grows should have me sorted

I always liked weed and bonsai, why not both

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
A lilliputian bong for bonsai bud.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jestery posted:

I've been looking at doing canna bonsai on my balcony, And when recreational hits here it looks like a couple well planned autoflower grows should have me sorted

Do not skimp on the seeds. Buy autoflower seeds from a reputable high quality breeder only, not from big advertised seed banks like seedsman or ilgm, and don't be tricked by what appears to be an auto version of a classic strain because they don't really exist as such (aka "white widow autoflower")- this will just be trash weed with a good parent and little family resemblance. It's a huge deal for autos since the genetic stock is much younger, and they're trying to stabilize the autoflower trait alone from cannabis ruderalis which has no other good qualities. The big names here are mephisto and night owl, but I've had great results w/ seeds from brothers in farms as well.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

This is charitably 5-10 years out

I'm just more amazed that it's (as a very light and economic cannabis user) possible at all as a concept

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

fuctifino posted:

My Volcano Medic 2 arrived, and it's great. Notable things that differentiate it from the Hybrid - It comes with the bowl reducer and one dosing capsule. It only goes up to 210C, and doesn't seem to have bluetooth, so no app control, sadly. But it's loving awesome :)

It's allowed me to complete an experiment I ditched due to my old Arizer EQ fan not being powerful enough

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1546833292531482624

heh :420:

You have the best weed experiments

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Here I am scurrying around with my old mflb

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jestery posted:

Here I am scurrying around with my old mflb

It's time to move on man, you are using ancient technology

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One of my neighbors was smoking out of one of these antiques last night at the picnic tables.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jesus christ I can taste it :barf:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Mmmmmm, brass. Yummmmmy.

She didn't have the chamber loaded. Pretty cool lady. Early 60s, hangs out with everyone, my dog is in love with her because she always brings treats, huge variety of smokeware. She often brings out cart pens, hand pipes, joints, even a moon rock once or twice. She's gotta be the coolest grandma type within a 100 mile radius.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Jestery posted:

Bonzai Bud-dy lol

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

One of my neighbors was smoking out of one of these antiques last night at the picnic tables.

It’s what I use.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I had a few over the years, but it's been over a decade. One of those was my first weed pipe that wasn't foil or a can.

But since moving to Colorado six years ago, I'm mostly a joint guy when I gently caress with flower. I buy rolling papers by the box, way loving cheaper when you buy 50 packs at a time on amazon instead of a pack at a time at the corner store.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I just cleaned my hand-made stoneware pipe I bought in Mexico and the nail polish they used to fit stem to bowl degraded.

I'm currently building the layer of nail polish up but should be sanding and fitting tonight.

Anyone got tips for creating a better pipe-fitting than a copper tube glued into 2 pieces of stone? I'd like to replace the copper with a silicon fitting since the hole in the bowl is larger than the copper join by like, 1/16".

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I just made myself a 3m long volcano bag

Not gonna lie, it's hard work to finish it, but finish it I must.

I may be gone some time....

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
out of weed

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I took a friend's gummy edible (5 mg THC) and got high AF so apparently the brownies I have been making are, in fact, weak as poo poo. Everyone who tried them has told me this.

I've been decarbing longer and I think that's increased the potency, although I've been seesawing on the timing for quite a while now with 50-70 minutes. I use whatever strain of flower with a standard weed grinder and then lay it on tinfoil. Then I fold the tinfoil to cover the weed and press it flat. Bake with the tinfoil on a cookie tray @ 250 F for 60 minutes. Last two batches I've decarbed for 70 minutes - it's coming out mostly brown with a little green. At 60 minute decarbs I get a mix of green and golden brown which might not be fully decarbed.

How much weed would you put in a tray of brownies? I use like less than a bud's worth and I can make quite a few trays from a single eighth. I doubled the weed for this batch but still less than a bud's worth. Wasn't even a big bud. I'm alright with having a low tolerance. :shobon:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

poverty goat posted:

It's time to move on man, you are using ancient technology

I use the wall adaptor and nothing on the market does what the wall adaptor mflb does for me

Bombproof
On demand
Quality vapour

If you have any reccomendationd I would genuinely like to hear them, but my mflb just "works". I dug it out of storage after getting medical cannabis approval and , yep it still worked first try. No battery to charge or parts to fall off

I'm getting a dynavap in a bit but even then, I'm sacrificing simplicity for portability

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my plug in log vape does all that and is way better than a launch box

enano with an adapter to run it through a bubbler. works great. I have a fury edge for portability and it's good too

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jestery posted:

I use the wall adaptor and nothing on the market does what the wall adaptor mflb does for me

Bombproof
On demand
Quality vapour

If you have any reccomendationd I would genuinely like to hear them, but my mflb just "works". I dug it out of storage after getting medical cannabis approval and , yep it still worked first try. No battery to charge or parts to fall off

I'm getting a dynavap in a bit but even then, I'm sacrificing simplicity for portability

You should go for a dynavap sooner rather than later. Once you take your first dynavap hit, you'll probably never use the MFLB again. As far as simplicity goes, you can then look into getting an induction heater for it. Future you will agree with this statement.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I absolutely agree,

I was genuinely considering a VonG but they are out of stock in my area. The dynavap looks to be an absolute winner here for sure

Just as a bit of sunk cost, the mflb+wallwart genuinely ticks every box for me, while also being quite small. So to upgrade while being very satisfied seems pointless. I'm finding less than 0.1g in the evening is having positive results for my conditions. The mflb is still super capable in providing vapour enough for that

The log vapourisers seem a little large , I've mentioned in here how I have to be "diplomatic" with my weed devices. And the size of those vapourisers might be pushing it at the moment.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PokeJoe posted:

my plug in log vape does all that and is way better than a launch box

enano with an adapter to run it through a bubbler. works great. I have a fury edge for portability and it's good too

I’ve had my e nano for years now and it is very cool and good. I do the same thing with the adapter and bubbler too, wouldn’t change it for anything.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Scornful Sexbot posted:

I’ve had my e nano for years now and it is very cool and good. I do the same thing with the adapter and bubbler too, wouldn’t change it for anything.

Hot drat that e nano looks like exactly what I would be after when my mflb breaks, is there a more robust stem? Or is that a non issue really?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
decisions were made

after giving it a good workout today, I am impressed. I have absorption / tolerance nonsense, and even at two carts, I was feelin' it.

Three 93% ATF carts was something I did maybe twice, lol

honestly? Quite happy with this. And I haven't even tried the included 3x donut coils. :twisted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

3x donut coils is my 10am appointment

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Jestery posted:

Hot drat that e nano looks like exactly what I would be after when my mflb breaks, is there a more robust stem? Or is that a non issue really?

Idk if I use mine "correctly" because I flip the log upside-down as if I were using a lighter, but by their own ad copy they seem to think I should be doing the reverse (which makes no sense... the weed would fall out)

I have never had an issue, just make sure you get an adapter that fits if you plan on using a bubbler and you are good to go. I really like how adjustable the temperature is too, the gauge is very good at letting you adjust and you can definitely tell the difference. I usually keep mine ~7.0-7.5 and increase if I want it to be more productive.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jestery posted:

Bombproof
On demand
Quality vapour

the dynavap is the best flower vape hands down for anywhere it's ok to look like a crackhead imo, you are on the right track. My daily driver is a titanium dynavap tip on a glass body on a bubbler, and it loving rips without ever making me wait

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

decisions were made

after giving it a good workout today, I am impressed. I have absorption / tolerance nonsense, and even at two carts, I was feelin' it.

yeah same here, i love it and i'm so glad it came with a water adapter attachment, vapebonging is the way

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

poverty goat posted:

the dynavap is the best flower vape hands down for anywhere it's ok to look like a crackhead imo, you are on the right track. My daily driver is a titanium dynavap tip on a glass body on a bubbler, and it loving rips without ever making me wait

yeah, dynavap is just hands down the best deal for vaporizing weed if you don't care how you look. With that intro deal thing they have for like $60-80, absolutely NOTHING on the market beats it.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

WampaLord posted:

vapebonging

Maybe it's the weed, but this word just made me want to grab my old rear end analog Volcano, load a bag, put the mouthpiece to my bong's downstem (probably have to put a rubber ring on downstem for a seal) and vapebong.... It's definitely the weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aragosta posted:

Maybe it's the weed, but this word just made me want to grab my old rear end analog Volcano, load a bag, put the mouthpiece to my bong's downstem (probably have to put a rubber ring on downstem for a seal) and vapebong.... It's definitely the weed.

has science gone too far