Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just to note that tax avoidance is not illegal. You'd need to be looking for tax evasion (which is) and/or tax fraud.
I don't have a decent visual sorry!
Also you need pretty recent figures as things have changed quite a bit in the last 2 years so using, say, 2019 figures would probably not be useful.

Yep, good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

That's Kil'jaeden

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

lool they spend so much time and money training to speak and act like this and it always looks so bizarre

like whyy

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
wuuEUururUUEUERRgh i um a vurry hup and wuth ut polutushun wuruwgh nucole and papa how will it all endd arururuughhhghghhg

Oct 4, 2005

notaspy posted:

That's Kil'jaeden

Ah you're quite right, someone posted a correction further down:

"It's a common misconception actually this is Kil'jaeden the Deceiver, Lord of the Burning Legion, and Conservative MP of North East Somerset. They do look alike though."

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
The finger thing means the taxes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

peanut- posted:

The absolute worst case scenario isn't happening at least

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1546839531588042752

Priti is awful obviously but as well as the aforementioned Badenoch there's the equally terrifying Braverman. Even the alleged moderates are loving insane people like Tugging Hat.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Tories turning into the party of psychotic PoC fascists is not a turn I saw coming, really

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Now we find out that Boris was always the safest(most incompetent) choice of all. :stonklol:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Just Another Lurker posted:

Now we find out that Boris was always the safest(most incompetent) choice of all. :stonklol:

Given this is the chaos timeline, when Boris wins Labour's VONC he's going to say the conservative members of parliament have reaffirmed their confidence in him and he's not leaving.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Brexshite chat

Went to Waitrose this afternoon as was craving a can of ice cold ginger beer. No ginger beer to be found anywhere in the store. And what's more, other than coke or pepsi and versions thereof, no other fizzy drinks at all! Not even any big 2l bottles to bung in the fridge.

I rarely drink a fizzy drink but really fancied it today :(

Is this brexit or Ukraine related?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

By the way goon are you sure you don't have PMs? I thought that Jeff of Yospos enabled PMs for all users as one of his first moves (he also eliminated the 200 PM limit)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Brexshite chat

Went to Waitrose this afternoon as was craving a can of ice cold ginger beer. No ginger beer to be found anywhere in the store. And what's more, other than coke or pepsi and versions thereof, no other fizzy drinks at all! Not even any big 2l bottles to bung in the fridge.

there have been big problems with CO2 supply since brexit

it was bad in northern ireland until shops were able to switch to sourcing from the EU thanks to the protocol lol

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

By the way goon are you sure you don't have PMs? I thought that Jeff of Yospos enabled PMs for all users as one of his first moves (he also eliminated the 200 PM limit)

Only people with the grenade logo.

Just Another Lurker is the first example I can see on this page without it.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Regarding empty-ish shelves: someone more knowledgeable than me could do an effort post but in short: brexit, Ukraine and also covid. Shipping in general took a bad hit during covid and it takes a long, long time to rebuild capacity to fit demand. Just in time logistics is great for cutting warehouse costs and wastage but the smallest spanner thrown in can seriously mess things up.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Brexshite chat

Waitrose seem acutely screwed compared to the other supermarkets. I stopped going because the shelves were just constantly half empty whereas if I walk to Sainsburys or Aldi they have everything (it's the closest supermarket to my house alright leave me alone)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Brexshite chat

Not sure but I noticed locally we're out of hummus across all shops.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jippa posted:

Only people with the grenade logo.

Just Another Lurker is the first example I can see on this page without it.

Yeah that shows platinum upgrade but I was under the impression Jeff switched it from plat users to all users.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
lowtax used to cry that storage for each PM cost him the equivalent of a goldbelly cookie or w/e tf

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
because he was a dick

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Brexshite chat

Thus far I have yet to find an Irn Bru shortage. All COČ must be preserved for the nectar of the Scottish gods

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah that shows platinum upgrade but I was under the impression Jeff switched it from plat users to all users.

"The feature you are trying to access (Private Messaging, search, etc) is only accessible to Platinum members. We're sorry, but you cannot use this feature unless you have a Platinum account."

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Just Another Lurker doesn't have the option to pm them at the bottom so I don't think so.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Tesseraction posted:

naw it's plat only but most people got plat for free during the time of grand chaos

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
unclear if this is a poll of members or just random Conservativehome readers, but still: lol

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1546832557395812352

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

No Dignity posted:

The Tories turning into the party of psychotic PoC fascists is not a turn I saw coming, really

There will be focus on what we will do. But we must focus on who we are!

Turns out their takeaway from the last few years is that the left get hesitant dealing with nonwhite fascists

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

naw it's plat only but most people got plat for free during the time of grand chaos

ahhh that must be what I was thinking about then

forkboy84 posted:

"The feature you are trying to access (Private Messaging, search, etc) is only accessible to Platinum members. We're sorry, but you cannot use this feature unless you have a Platinum account."

Jippa posted:

Just Another Lurker doesn't have the option to pm them at the bottom so I don't think so.

ic ic, my b

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
THE TEMP IS TOO drat HIGH

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
oh hey have some images from my farm thread cause it's been like a week or two since I last spammed a shitload of pictures

stuck a camera right next to a beehive and got a good little bee video coming up too

gently caress the tories

stay fabulous

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Barry Foster posted:

THE TEMP IS TOO drat HIGH

Party

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, that and she's massively into Culture Wars as the Tories only way to power (The previous tweet had her sellotape genders to the unisex bathrooms) - she's a real example of Republican style politics.
I'd not heard of her until today, and I already hate her with a passion. Which probably means she's going to win.
https://twitter.com/bindelj/status/1546809950067990528
yeah, between stuff like this, Rowling backslapping on twitter with the christian fascist filmmaker, and those 'losing abortion access is a small price to pay to defeat the trans menace' takes frim the GC sphere, i feel more and more like we're going to see at least a serious attempt to introduce the US-style of red-hot, religious culture war to the uk, with the people pushing for it hardest being the reactionary wing of the Tories allied with 'radical feminists' :psyduck:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Brexshite chat

It's that drat foreigner Sol forcing good decent people to buy things until there are no things to buy.
All the local shops here in Ireland have few fizzy drinks, bottled water, or ice creams.
My local shop had a fridge break down, and all the bottled water are WARM to the touch.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

It's that drat foreigner Sol forcing good decent people to buy things until there are no things to buy.
All the local shops here in Ireland have few fizzy drinks, bottled water, or ice creams.
My local shop had a fridge break down, and all the bottled water are WARM to the touch.

?

In Dublin and everywhere seems to have everything. Even ice cream!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

?

In Dublin and everywhere seems to have everything. Even ice cream!

Could be just my local area then.
Not saying its empty shelves, just not a great variety.
Send us some Mars ice creams down.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
solero pls

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
actually no just remembered i'm still boycotting them since 1997 when they changed it to just icecream inside instead of icecream with swirls of the delicious fruit paste :mad:

the bastards

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Supermarket has run out of mini-milks

They didn't tell us Brexit would be like this

Send help

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

blunt posted:

Given this is the chaos timeline, when Boris wins Labour's VONC he's going to say the conservative members of parliament have reaffirmed their confidence in him and he's not leaving.

"Labour calls VONC --> Tory MPs rally to save their government --> Tories win VONC --> Boris treats it as a vindication and stays --> Labour gets blamed for everything that happens for the next two years even though they're in opposition because they let Boris back in"

is a sequence that is entirely in keeping with the level of political acumen Keir Starmer has demonstrated up to this point

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/bindelj/status/1546809950067990528
yeah, between stuff like this, Rowling backslapping on twitter with the christian fascist filmmaker, and those 'losing abortion access is a small price to pay to defeat the trans menace' takes frim the GC sphere, i feel more and more like we're going to see at least a serious attempt to introduce the US-style of red-hot, religious culture war to the uk, with the people pushing for it hardest being the reactionary wing of the Tories allied with 'radical feminists' :psyduck:

Scratch a liberal...

crispix posted:

actually no just remembered i'm still boycotting them since 1997 when they changed it to just icecream inside instead of icecream with swirls of the delicious fruit paste :mad:

the bastards

Wait what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

crispix posted:

the bastards

They changed it back ages ago, go get yourself a Solero right this instant.