Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Blockade posted:

you might get more if you had thick glutes

ride a bike, build a shelf back there

i got a fat rear end from doing squats tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

cars are pretty cool imo

shut up nerd

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
cars bad

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Waiting at a crossing for a long rear end train rn. It's an honor

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I volunteered a bit for this event where they close down a long section of a major street for a day, that was cool

except i saw a woman there, in what was a pretty impoverished section, with a maga hat :dafuq:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

actionjackson posted:

I volunteered a bit for this event where they close down a long section of a major street for a day, that was cool

except i saw a woman there, in what was a pretty impoverished section, with a maga hat :dafuq:

potential poor person supporting trump? how uncouth!! did you call the police on them?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

you must know a lot about this neighborhood lol

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

just saw a long discussion about "heated driveways", which a) I didn't realize existed b) are just obscene decadence.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

if you’re cold, they’re cold. bring them inside

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/btownmoose/status/1546270327512223745?s=21&t=tHA4F6jbYlbHfuFFJjiOoQ

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

distortion park posted:

just saw a long discussion about "heated driveways", which a) I didn't realize existed b) are just obscene decadence.

Imagining that painting of the Russian revolutionary in a palace but instead of looking at a painting he's looking at a heated driveway.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

distortion park posted:

lol drat

https://twitter.com/extrememech/status/1445566557669650436

https://twitter.com/businesscourier/status/1055594927462236161

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 00:27 on Jul 12, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Waiting at a crossing for a long rear end train rn. It's an honor

nice dude

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr. Sharps posted:

if you’re cold, they’re cold. bring them inside

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

is a plane a type of car and should it be hated as such?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mawarannahr posted:

is a plane a type of car and should it be hated as such?

yes. at least poor people use cars. planes are largely still the domain of the middle+ classes and airports are an ungodly blight upon the land, funded by tax payers so private jets can set across to an fro.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Saw this monstrous thing parked next to me today, barely fits within the parking space lines. (I know this probably isn't that big of a vehicle to people in the US, but it seems pretty huge for NZ).

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
that side mirror would hit the top of the entrance at the lowest of singapore carparks

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Blackhawk posted:

Saw this monstrous thing parked next to me today, barely fits within the parking space lines. (I know this probably isn't that big of a vehicle to people in the US, but it seems pretty huge for NZ).

wow I wonder how well a 1/8" bearing fits into the valvecap of that car

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Blackhawk posted:

E V E R E S T

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

People in the US love to buy impractically large vehicles and then complain about how small parking spots/lots/decks are. We even have a problem now where lots of people can't park in their own garages and driveways.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

People in the US love to buy impractically large vehicles and then complain about how small parking spots/lots/decks are. We even have a problem now where lots of people can't park in their own garages and driveways.

On the very rare occasion I need to park downtown for something I have a specific parking garage built in the 1950s that I use because trucks don't fit in it, so there are always open spots.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

On the very rare occasion I need to park downtown for something I have a specific parking garage built in the 1950s that I use because trucks don't fit in it, so there are always open spots.

Wow, in which downtown do you work?

Apr 7, 2003

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Wow, in which downtown do you work?

I've never driven downtown for work

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Chicago has a few of those, including one by the hospital which was very handy.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Blackhawk posted:

sounds like you should not be a baby OP

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Red car looks like it is cowering in the corner.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we gotta get rid of cars

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

we gotta get rid of cars

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

we gotta get rid of cars

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

lobster shirt posted:

we gotta get rid of cars

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

yes. at least poor people use cars. planes are largely still the domain of the middle+ classes and airports are an ungodly blight upon the land, funded by tax payers so private jets can set across to an fro.

Most American airports are probably like 90% parking by area.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ham Equity posted:

Most American airports are probably like 90% parking by area.

especially when you take into account the parking for the planes

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

https://www.parkfellows.com/blog/ohare-economy-parking

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Road the bus the other day to a board game night with new friends. The bus route stops after 9pm so I had to ride a Divvy bike back home at like midnight. Worked out pretty well and the traffic was pretty low so it was a solid ride. Saw a good number of other cyclists too, they were passing me because ride share bikes have bad gearing and weigh like 50lbs, but I will probably do it again.

how are you liking chicago?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Roosevelt Island in NYC is the closest to a truly car-free functional community in the US and it kinda sucks

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Blockade posted:

how are you liking chicago?

he's vying with mastershakeman for thread villain, so not too shabby.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Roosevelt Island in NYC is the closest to a truly car-free functional community in the US and it kinda sucks

roosevelt island sucks because it's car-dependent. like 30% of the surface area of the island is taken up by a gargantuan parking garage. the type of weirdo who buys expensive condos there, as opposed to anywhere else in the city, does so because they want to be able to store their car and drive out of the city easily

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol @ cars https://twitter.com/joepompliano/status/1546871470256783361

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

WaryWarren posted:

he's vying with mastershakeman for thread villain, so not too shabby.

Also from Chicago. Makes you think