Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Waffleman_ posted:

They also have a few fun long videos ripping into terrible writing advice. Dare you brave 7 hours of Chuck Wendig's prose?
I believe I daren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Lotus Aura posted:

Troper Tales is truly a treasure trove of material. Dire Gentlemen (a group of professional writers and the like) are going through the old archive of it on their Youtube channel and it has a pretty similar vibe to F Plus episodes, honestly. I'd definitely recommend it, especially since they're usually about like 20-30 minutes long.

While Dire Gentlemen does have some interesting take-downs of really lovely writing advice, they lean extra-hard on appealing to their authority as professional writers when their only credits are some podcasts that no one has ever heard of. They aren't in the WGA, Gus Zagarella doesn't even have an IMDB page, they're about the same level of "professional" as the guy in my sketch writing class who had a few self-funded shorts under his belt.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The wedgie episode is one of my favorites and I'm unsure if I should be pleased or saddened that the doc for the episode has since been deleted

wedgiehaven doesn't even exist anymore...what a world...

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

While Dire Gentlemen does have some interesting take-downs of really lovely writing advice, they lean extra-hard on appealing to their authority as professional writers when their only credits are some podcasts that no one has ever heard of. They aren't in the WGA, Gus Zagarella doesn't even have an IMDB page, they're about the same level of "professional" as the guy in my sketch writing class who had a few self-funded shorts under his belt.

Lmfao at this

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

LanceHunter posted:

i'm a professional writer too, here's my cv

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=227836

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Whee, new Extra Credit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The opening preface is tragic and ominous.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I had only heard the Dollop episode on one of the other sign language primates before this. (Looking it up, I think it might have been Nim Chimpsky? The one I had heard about did end up on a ranch after all was said and done.) I didn't realize that Koko and the person handling her were also hosed up in their own ways. This would also be 2 for 2 on signing primates that were smoking, although the other one smoked weed, or "stone smoke" as he signed it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

DemonTrigger posted:

I had only heard the Dollop episode on one of the other sign language primates before this. (Looking it up, I think it might have been Nim Chimpsky? The one I had heard about did end up on a ranch after all was said and done.) I didn't realize that Koko and the person handling her were also hosed up in their own ways. This would also be 2 for 2 on signing primates that were smoking, although the other one smoked weed, or "stone smoke" as he signed it.

please do not doxx me

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Oh poo poo, y’all!

https://twitter.com/thefplus/status/1539816672768532482

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tokin opposition posted:

the c-spam-plus coming to a podcast app near you

Welcome to SYQ, terrible things said without attribution.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

KirbyKhan posted:

Welcome to SYQ, terrible things said without attribution.

ngl this would be a fun side project

powering through the best (i.e. worst) syq from the succdem, ukraine, biden, etc threads with "earnest sincerity" would take some lou reads tier dedication

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Give me a document and I'll give it a try, got a lot of free time rn

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Forums Search username:"Catpetter1981"

rip to a real gimmick

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The new fplus dropped and its just what I needed. An instant classic. The smiling man would approve!

https://thefpl.us/episode/371

Edit

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1540071444742148096?t=Yu0M0xiCR5ltKBkOlX8evg&s=19

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 23, 2022

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
This episode is a fabled thing in and of itself, modern conspiracy stuff that's fun and funny.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Because it’s about poo poo like moth man instead of lizard people Jews using 5g to kill patriot Americans. God it’s so refreshing

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A few of these cryptids were covered on another of my favorite podcasts, The Nonsense Bazaar. That's a podcast about the origins of certain spiritualist movements, stories, and conspiracies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
absolutely in love with finding a dude genuinely angry at people believing in Santa and taking to his Bigfoot friends to vent about it.

A+ ep, and it sounds like there's more coming :neckbeard:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Looks like we're in for a whole lot of content real soon...

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1540550117882839045

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LanceHunter posted:

What a steal

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

LanceHunter posted:

dudes rock

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

New episode is up, and it's time to take back this country from those dirty reptiles!!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
You might get spooked by a modern conspiracy episode, but I read the document and this is just good old fashioned madness.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
this guy rules, new favorite crazy dude

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit gets crushed by tires, work boots, sneakers... For research and small business purposes.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I should get a tax deduction for listening to this

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks

tokin opposition posted:

I should get a tax deduction for listening to this

Sounds like a job for Titus Uno, Certified Public Accountant, Forensic Certified Public Accountant, and Chartered Global Management Accountant.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

LanceHunter posted:

There was a brief fraction of a second where I thought this was a hearse.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ariong posted:

There was a brief fraction of a second where I thought this was a hearse.

I'm sure it is, in a metaphorical sense, to many things. The concept of human dignity for one

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

new fplus episode btw

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

wow who would think people super into not cumming would be assholes

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

change my name posted:

I'd think they would be dicks

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Should this new episode have the tag "A whole new way to be gay"?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

change my name posted:

These Reddit Lifestyle episodes are always so wild, because they're guys who are convinced that this dumb thing they do makes them healthier, smarter, and better than everyone who doesn't. It's really astounding how people can get so into themselves that they're sure that only eating meat or not jacking off or trying to regrow your foreskin makes them literally the ubermensch.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Boot's banana joke was absolutely splendid.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Grondoth posted:

These Reddit Lifestyle episodes are always so wild, because they're guys who are convinced that this dumb thing they do makes them healthier, smarter, and better than everyone who doesn't. It's really astounding how people can get so into themselves that they're sure that only eating meat or not jacking off or trying to regrow your foreskin makes them literally the ubermensch.

And then there are presumably schisms due to what you want to get out of only eating meat or not jacking off or trying to regrow your foreskin.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumbermouth posted:

And then there are presumably schisms due to what you want to get out of only eating meat or not jacking off or trying to regrow your foreskin.

That's my favorite poo poo. They kinda barely touched on it in the ep but all these communities have like seven different "TRUENofap/Nofap2/NofapUNCENSORED/etc" splits and you can almost always trace them to one of two things.

1) it's the product of some wannabe influencer branching off, claiming they've found the TRUE golden plates and magic hat and these original guys are FRAUDS, so those communities just become cults of personality as well as dumb fads.

2) it's the product of a large amount of users going 'uh guys I've been not cumming for like three months and my material conditions haven't changed, almost as if not cumming and social status have nothing to do with each other?' and instead of going 'aw poo poo we fell for a scam, that's an embarrassing one, oh well' they go 'wait one of these posts said you CAN scratch your nuts if they itch...well THAT'S the problem, all my failings and anxieties can be linked to the time I scratched my nuts once! gently caress these facist mods hiding the truth, let's go to r/nonutscratchnofap!!!'

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My favorite thing about semen retention is the knucklehead who gets that "more semen = more powerful" and min-max themselves into sucking dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This string of episodes has been legendary.