Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I could swear there was a site, tumblr, or subreddit just called "whywasibanned" that collected things like that, but a quick google reveals nothing but normal FAQ pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

There is no justice in this world

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Khloe's subtle way of guiding you towards Rowena's eateries.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Khloe is in league with the Kupo Fortune lady to crush my spirit

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Was there an MMO that took the position of "if you say it was 'no reason' we will post the transcript right here" or did I imagine that from some internet joke?

Guild Wars 2 did that once on Reddit.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

W.T. Fits posted:

I know the Overwatch team used to do that, but I don't recall ever hearing of any MMO teams that did that.

I only recall that happening once on the forums and a lot of people asking why it took them so long to ban someone that was getting reported on average fives times a day for around six months.

edit: maybe 50 times a day. It's like 5,000 total reports before first ban.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 12, 2022

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Was there an MMO that took the position of "if you say it was 'no reason' we will post the transcript right here" or did I imagine that from some internet joke?

I remember there was a dupe glitch in Guild Wars 2 and when people got banned and complained some of the GW2 mods came out and went "You didn't just 'try it out' you did this thousands of times"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I got banned from Facebook without warning and I sent a message to support asking if they could let me know wtf I did because I don't post to my wall or DM people etc and they sent back a message saying "We investigated and the ban reason was correct" then they closed the ticket.

Jokes on them because now I'm free.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pwnstar posted:

I got banned from Facebook without warning and I sent a message to support asking if they could let me know wtf I did because I don't post to my wall or DM people etc and they sent back a message saying "We investigated and the ban reason was correct" then they closed the ticket.

Jokes on them because now I'm free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJG0fKgAb3o

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The mysteries of the Warriors of Eld are revealed in the Stormblood LP!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, for clarification, carrds ARE indeed used a whole bunch by the roleplaying community, because god drat we don't get enough space to pitch our characters.

There's been various people claiming they were banned for carrds that they claim are innocent, but turn out to have things like onlyfans links, yeah. I think some amount of them were pinged for the literal pimping incident a few days ago and were just being super evasive.

Oh man, you forgot the chaser:
https://twitter.com/lsthief/status/1543417361738436608?t=ufK7yrScbil2dRWvZCjS4w&s=19

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/saku_FF11/status/1546707381199204352

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

god i love mmos

https://twitter.com/NinjaMii/status/1544136181402804224?s=20&t=lifZ6o107D_eRXppFp1ctg

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I just like playing the video game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT5GNNl8pRg

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I randomly clicked to 3:05 and was instantly rewarded.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A heads up for anyone that might possibly be interested:

Lunarcon, a player-ran in-game convention started last year, is happening again this year. There's going to be panels, contests events and more taking place over a few days, from 7/29 through 7/31 and is hosted on the Brynhildr World on the Crystal DC.

I'm bringing it up now, instead of closer to the date, because they're accepting entries to the various contests up until the 24th. (AMV, Art, Cosplay, Dance, Glamour, Housing, In-Game Cosplay, Live Skit, Machinima and Screenshot)
https://twitter.com/LunarConXIV/status/1544456091110584320?t=Hd9FJg2WDPotF9jgraH3eA

Given how popular last year's Lunarcon was when only World Visit was a thing, if you're interested in being there on your character and have to use DC Travel I'd recommend doing so at least a couple days in advance.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Onean posted:

Lunarcon, a player-ran in-game convention started last year, is happening again this year. There's going to be panels, contests events and more taking place over a few days, from 7/29 through 7/31 and is hosted on the Brynhildr World on the Crystal DC.

Forgot that happened on my home server last year. Should be interesting with DC travel—hope I can still do my regular routine without things falling apart! I’ll give it a visit at some point I’m sure.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
All I was able to do last year was join the great lala swarm following chastity Nineheart? Around. Aka mad because small. Was fun still though having him on stream in the background hearing him react to everyone's shenannigans

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ah, I'm going to be on my birthday vacation then. A shame, because I would actually have an entry for in-game cosplay.

(And also I miss going to cons..........)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm very tempted to enter the performance category with something that I've been joking about in and around RP for a while: Potion Seller in the form of a classic rakugo performance.

People have tried re-enacting it so often in my pharmacy RP venue that we've decided it must exist in-universe somewhere, and that's the funniest form it could be in.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Vargs posted:

I finally did it. I beat the final fantasy. Came up with a glam for each job and leveled them to the point of being able to use it. Which was a significant bit of leveling since they all needed pieces in the 70-90 range. Now I need to actually pick one to play. A large image to commemorate the occasion:

Some really nice glams there Vargs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cleretic posted:

I'm very tempted to enter the performance category with something that I've been joking about in and around RP for a while: Potion Seller in the form of a classic rakugo performance.

People have tried re-enacting it so often in my pharmacy RP venue that we've decided it must exist in-universe somewhere, and that's the funniest form it could be in.

I remember last year one of the contestants basically did their own version of the "Crap Guide to..." videos for SAM, that JoCat ended up voicing in a video.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Today i learned that Guildhests don't stop at 15 or whatever you unlock them, they go all the way up to level 40. They teach you all kinds of useless stuff like dodging bombs thrown by goblins behind barricades. They should give realistic tutorials like how to pull 2 packs then hit a wall.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJ posted:

Today i learned that Guildhests don't stop at 15 or whatever you unlock them, they go all the way up to level 40. They teach you all kinds of useless stuff like dodging bombs thrown by goblins behind barricades. They should give realistic tutorials like how to pull 2 packs then hit a wall.

They are basically relics of an old time. They really should dump or redo them but it is a low priority.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My guess would be that Guildhests'll get a revamp in either 6.3 or 6.4, depending on how speedy they are on the HW and Stormblood Duty Assist additions. I imagine they want it to have a fully refined game experience package ready for when 7.0 hits, but getting the mainline stuff up to snuff takes priority.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
It's kind of weird and messy that there are two separate sets of dubious tutorials with the Guildhests and the confusingly named Newbie something or other ones (which give the awesome equipment sets and ring).

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I only unlocked the first two or three guilhests to unlock the roulette. It's always the turtle lol

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CJ posted:

Yeah, that was a rude awakening for me when I was working on unlocking Mentor roulette.

Speaking of stuff they gave up on, I wish they'd add more rank-ups for the Grand Companies.
Pretty weird that despite being the literal multi-time savior of the star and all life on it that I'm only a lieutenant in the local military.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

the_steve posted:

Yeah, that was a rude awakening for me when I was working on unlocking Mentor roulette.

Speaking of stuff they gave up on, I wish they'd add more rank-ups for the Grand Companies.
Pretty weird that despite being the literal multi-time savior of the star and all life on it that I'm only a lieutenant in the local military.

You might be the multi-time saviour of the star, but you rarely turn up to your job in the military. It's more surprising that you haven't been fired than that you haven't been promoted more.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

the_steve posted:

... You know it goes up to Captain, right? :v:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kazy posted:

... You know it goes up to Captain, right? :v:

Yeah, but I'm at work and didn't feel like looking up the available ranks just to make my point 100% accurate.

Qwertycoatl posted:

You might be the multi-time saviour of the star, but you rarely turn up to your job in the military. It's more surprising that you haven't been fired than that you haven't been promoted more.

Bullshit, I'm there every day dropping off enchanted gear for the cause. I even remember to feed my squad every once in awhile.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

You got to put in time in grade, holmes, maybe after 10 years they can start talking about Major.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

the_steve posted:

Yeah, but I'm at work and didn't feel like looking up the available ranks just to make my point 100% accurate.

Bullshit, I'm there every day dropping off enchanted gear for the cause. I even remember to feed my squad every once in awhile.

This just tells me you should probably be reassigned to the logistics division rather than be in command of a squad of special operations types.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Squadrons died so that Trusts could live

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I just remembered that I had MNK at 65 before endwalker so I decided to come back to it and see how the changes affected it.

Now that only the last hit of the combos have positionals, to make it easier to remember is there any downside on putting the buff + dot hits on 123 and the other ones on 456 and just alternating between those combos?

Also, Elixir Field... does that mean I just jam bootshine 3x? I feel like I'm supposed to do dragon kick, bootshine, dragon kick, but with no way to enter opo-opo form for the guaranteed crit it feels wrong. Or do I always do this one 2nd, so I end the first PB in opo-opo form so I can go bootshine, dragon kick, weaker bootshine?

For the first combo, it looks like I just hit perfect balance, then do my normal combo buffing myself and applying demolish, then hit perfect balance again, do my combo wrong, then I get to Tornado Kick.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Perfect Balance gives you the form-based effect of whatever you hit so you can do Dragon Kick > Bootshine > Dragon Kick (or vice versa) and get the crits

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Perfect Balance stacks count as 'having' Opo-opo form, so if you already have Leaden Fist go Bootshine/DK/Bootshine. If you don't, DK/Bootshine/DK. And the one thing about alternating 123/456 is that your buffs should be refreshed every other rotation, and the dot every 3rd rotation, so ideally the full pattern is something like 123-456-126-453-126-456 etc. I think.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Getting more city themed gear would be really cool, more ranks would def be welcome

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aren't the Hests a relic from 1.0, where they had all sorts of Hests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Big fishing RNG just shotgunned me in the kneecap, didn't manage to reel in any Unconditionals during its window, for what's supposed to be one of the easiest legendary fish to get as long as you're there during its window. Guess I gotta wait until Sunday for the next chance.