Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/obviousplant_/status/1543637322767290368?t=WRq1WnZmpQnoK2fxBohZUw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Honky Hill.

Seems legit.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
WE HAVE THE PORKY'S BUTTHOLE VOICEMAIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiwgG6T9se0

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Holy crap… is that supposed to be the inspiration for Boomhauer or something? Cause that’s awesome

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

namlosh posted:

Holy crap… is that supposed to be the inspiration for Boomhauer or something? Cause that’s awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd_rty0ovgQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

almost as legendary as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6DXcNYhLfQ

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The ventriloquism episode is sad

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

"You wouldn't hit an unconscious man!"

*Chloroforms self*

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

They never resolve the thieving nurse plot!!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsVxNDaQCVU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

From the cosplay thread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I watched the episode where Peggy finds out about John Redcorn and Nancy. "He is less expensive than both VIP and Oriental Massage, I checked"

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Jo-hooon Redcorn

Pe-heggy.. Hill.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Fishstick posted:

Jo-hooon Redcorn

Pe-heggy.. Hill.

at least two or three times a month I think about this and laugh

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thatherton

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
When Cotton is in the bar with bobby in the episode where hank and peggy are trying to get knocked up, he's strangely supportive and not mocking of them. It's weird. It might be because they're not there, however

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Milo and POTUS posted:

…he's strangely supportive and not mocking of them. It's weird. It might be because they're not there, however

Yes! I love Cotton and Peggy because they’re written with very specific and consistent flaws. I always thought Mike Judge was great at drilling down to the essence of a character, and then making sure all actions and dialogue were true to that essence. It’s one of the reasons why Beavis and Butthead worked so well: they were always idiots.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
rewatching the series again and at the episode where bobby drops football for soccer and the whole story like half the episodes at this point are about how lovely things were for our parents growing up and maybe we shouldnt make our kids go through that bullshit as well

then he goes full mike chudge mode in later seasons and everything young people do is bad and stupid lol. i guess boomer leadbrain is a timed release deal

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 12, 2022

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I have been running the numbers through my recent watch through. It starts turning into the Hank is Always Right show around season 7, but the ratio of good to bad episodes is still tolerable. Season 8 has been iffy, but it has the episode where Peggy works for Monsignor Martinez so it's not a complete loss yet

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Even bad is pretty relative, there's only a couple I don't like and I'm sure even they have a few decent moments.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, glancing at an episode list of the later seasons, outside of the rare stinkers like Hank's Bully they're mostly decent episodes.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I feel like 10 is where it finally hit more mediocre-bad episodes than good ones.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
just finished the episode where cotton tells bobby not to talk to the police and takes the blame for bobby accidentally starting a church fire god bless the racist silly old man :911:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cotton loves Bobby

He’d take a bullet for him

Just not in the face

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

It’s been said many times but it bears repeating: after watching the first two episodes again last night with my family:
This show came out swinging
Episode 1, we get “that boy ain’t right”, a cotton flashback, Bobby impersonating Hank: “He ain’t much but he’s all I got” still made us all laugh.
“So, you ready to whoop some wolverine butt, Bobby!”
“Ok”
Luann fixing his truck easily after Hank and the guys stand around it all afternoon.

Then episode two just skewers right wing culture with the sex-Ed episode. More cotton, “worried about bein a slut”, and the awesome twist of Bobby being the only Kid in the sex-Ed class at the end.

Also, did Peggy actually have a vibrator in her bag? Lol, goddamn

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Cotton loves Bobby

Just not in the face

That's his moneymaker!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ha-PENIS.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Vaaaaaa-gina!

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah, glancing at an episode list of the later seasons, outside of the rare stinkers like Hank's Bully they're mostly decent episodes.

Dusty old bones. Full of green dust.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vord posted:

Dusty old bones. Full of green dust.

That doesn't make any sense

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

He's such a free spirit!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Milo and POTUS posted:

When Cotton is in the bar with bobby in the episode where hank and peggy are trying to get knocked up, he's strangely supportive and not mocking of them. It's weird. It might be because they're not there, however

I think with Cotton he’s lenient here because despite his toxic behaviour, he acknowledges that Hank is a better father than him because Cotton genuinely loves Bobby

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

One weird episode is Hank restarting the Boy Scouts with the guy with really sheltered kids.

I think the show wanted Hank to be in the wrong with letting two extremely sheltered kids loose, but at the same time if they both had medical issues that’s the parents fault for not explaining that before leaving them alone with another adult.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Watched 'Copshop' because I'll watch any Gerard Butler schlock and Toby Huss stole the movie handedly. Had never matched the face to the voice and it took me a few minutes.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

bobjr posted:

One weird episode is Hank restarting the Boy Scouts with the guy with really sheltered kids.

I think the show wanted Hank to be in the wrong with letting two extremely sheltered kids loose, but at the same time if they both had medical issues that’s the parents fault for not explaining that before leaving them alone with another adult.

I can't hate that episode because pretty much my entire parenting philosophy is summed up in:

Straw Man Scout Leader: "Hank, do you want Bobby to get hurt?"
Hank: "Maybe a little"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Cotton loves Bobby

Just not in the face

"Want to listen to music, Ging Ging?"

"Okay"

"Want to watch me dance, Ging Ging?"

"Okay"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

bobjr posted:

This one is weird because Bobby is aged down to 6 or something. Don't try to tell me 13 year old Bobby would be this jazzed over some plastic streamers and a fan.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bobby would be extremely into arts and crafts. He's already thinking about how to do that to simulate the hero Bobbyolas defending Rancho Unicorno from a fire breathing Dragon.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Bobby would be extremely into arts and crafts. He's already thinking about how to do that to simulate the hero Bobbyolas defending Rancho Unicorno from a fire breathing Dragon.

Sure, but this is being sold as an actual camp fire, not arts and crafts. Bobby has actually been camping, it would be very apparent to him how lame this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

As lame as some of the later episodes are, I chuckle a little whenever I think of the phrase "child prodigy meat inspector."