Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

If you're watching this and you don't think they're going to indict him, then you might wanna reconsider that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
These are the "Blue lives matter" people, remember
E

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ngl showing up to your deposition zoom call in a regan/bush t-shirt is a move

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Was that Patton Oswalt

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tayter Swift posted:

I actually don't blame him there. I'm not putting in a suit for a virtual meeting iny own loving house.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

The guy who created the Donald spinoff from Reddit wearing a Reagan/Bush shirt. On-loving-brand.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Tayter Swift posted:

This whole thing feels like a parody but it's real and happening live.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mdemone posted:

If you're watching this and you don't think they're going to indict him, then you might wanna reconsider that

If they end this on a shrug and go "Eh, he should face some consequences. It's up to other people to decide if he does." Then there is literally no justice in the universe and nothing matters.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

If they end this on a shrug and go "Eh, he should face some consequences. It's up to other people to decide if he does." Then there is literally no justice in the universe and nothing matters.

Well let's be clear. The committee will do exactly that. They have no power or position to do anything else.

However DOJ has gone real fuckin quiet in the last week, aside from ongoing sentencing hearings and so on for J6 misdemeanors and some light felonies.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They cut back to the talking heads on MSNBC and Andrea Mitchell basically came on air with the most TV-Appropriate version of "...What the CHRIST?!" I've ever seen :allears:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Are they going to have live testimony after the break?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
My first instinct is to laugh but it's really a terrible tragedy that 8kun is an important influencing factor on national US politics.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

nine-gear crow posted:

They cut back to the talking heads on MSNBC and Andrea Mitchell basically came on air with the most TV-Appropriate version of "...What the CHRIST?!" I've ever seen :allears:

CNN did that several times, most notably after the "very fine people on both sides " comment

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

tecnocrat posted:

The guy who created the Donald spinoff from Reddit wearing a Reagan/Bush shirt. On-loving-brand.

Oh come on. That isn't subtle at all. Oh wait, that actually happened.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

XboxPants posted:

My first instinct is to laugh but it's really a terrible tragedy that 8kun is an important influencing factor on national US politics.

Lowtax bans hentai from Something Awful > > > > > > > > The United States Congress is nearly murdered by a violent mob directed by Donald Trump, outgoing President of the United States

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

God, Jim Watkins looks absolutely gross. Also, I thought he was hiding in the Philippines trying to avoid extradition for all the internet crimes he was guilty of. The gently caress's he doing back in the US?

There's a Marcos in charge of the Phillipines again. Maybe he got promptly extradited.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

tecnocrat posted:

I think the "88" was the reason he wore it.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Congress cannot prosecute crimes

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Quorum posted:

The right wing media clip show here is giving me big Daily Show vibes.

e: lmao at the verbal footnote explaining the Red Wedding

wait what. seriously. i mean i see the comparison and honestly it kinda works.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Kro-Bar posted:

Thats a deep cut

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kro-Bar posted:

It was 84. Reagan didn't run in 88.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fart Amplifier posted:

Congress cannot prosecute crimes

Sorry I meant if this doesn't end in some sort of criminal referral or congress going "Somebody loving charge this guy!" over something like "Eh, he might be guilty, who can really say?"

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I expected cippolone to be more oppositional. he was the poster boy for legal foot-dragging and non-cooperation with investigations in previous investigations into trump

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It was 84. Reagan didn't run in 88.

So 84 probably means Heil Donald to these wackos

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin-A!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The hearing will close out with Robert Mueller coming out looking into the camera and saying "Now you be the judge!"

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I expected cippolone to be more oppositional. he was the poster boy for legal foot-dragging and non-cooperation with investigations in previous investigations into trump

He's a lawyer. He was doing his job. It was nothing personal.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Sorry I meant if this doesn't end in some sort of criminal referral or congress going "Somebody loving charge this guy!" over something like "Eh, he might be guilty, who can really say?"

The DOJ is always free to charge Trump. A criminal referral is advisory only. The most valuable thing Congress can do is what they're already doing

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?
Who is this guy who showed up as a witness with a loving Jean jacket

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

In those cases he could make a substantive case for executive privilege, because Trump was president at the time.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Oracle posted:

He's a lawyer. He was doing his job. It was nothing personal.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I'm noting that the shift is the substantial thing. both as a personal thing and that he clearly considers it legally and/or professionally non-tenable to obstruct the committee

mdemone posted:

In those cases he could make a substantive case for executive privilege, because Trump was president at the time.

yeah

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Well he did refuse to go into anything Trump said.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Milo Auckerman’s not going to be happy about that guy’s shirt!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Who’s this guy in the Descendents T shirt?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

It's gonna be the former, and it will happen fast*

* for certain DOJ-related values of the word

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TheSpartacus posted:

Who is this guy who showed up as a witness with a loving Jean jacket

The guy in the suit is one of the rioters who plead guilty. The guy in the jean jacket is a spokesperson for the Oathkeepers.

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Well he did refuse to go into anything Trump said.

I read it as "He said a lot of things, constantly, I'm not going to bother trying"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SniHjen posted:

I read it as "He said a lot of things, constantly, I'm not going to bother trying"

I liked how Barr said that he would use "some people say" as a way to bring something up

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

We have questions for you, man in the Canadian Tuxedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Charliegrs posted:

So 84 probably means Heil Donald to these wackos

I wouldn't be surprised if this was literally true.