Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
mad drama. bad posting from d-names, lepers crawling out of the woodwork. a multi-dollar furniture empire for the masculine male who REFUSES to be defined by plebian design. FNLN getting his

new EVE thread's been on point so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Ynglaur posted:

I was and am just a line member, but I seem to remember that a few years after the Fountain War our skymarshal--the head of coord, not an FC--was a woman. Coord is a group that moves the fleets around the board, as opposed to FCs who run individual fleets. I don't recall the name, alas.

Edit: Someone mentioned the name earlier: it was Rydis, I believe. I don't know anything about her other than the general sense that she was very, very good at coord.

I thought Big McHuge was our coordinator during fountain war

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Wow, seems like theres no better time to keep ignoring this game exists

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Rydis ruled

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

groups that exist that i don't have much insight into the culture of anymore: We Form Bl0b, V0lta (but they're euros so i can guess), Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks

Recommendations

I can tell you as someone with Volta experience with ISRAD as well as relay access, Volta is much worse than you can ever imagine. Snuff has taken in quite a few Volta refugees over the past bit who can confirm their absolute toxicity, both in game and out.

Thanks for coming to my Ted(x) talk

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

learnincurve posted:

No, see what you did there was try and use the R word in a sneaky way. I mocked Mittens.

there are numerous non 'R' word references that can be derived from oxygen deprivation, such as "learnincurve went to hard with their auto asphyxiation session about Goon drama and suffered a lack of oxygen as a result"

the sneaky little racist white supremacist '1488'' phrase you used in your own joke unfortunately has only one reference which is the slogan for the defunct white separatist insurrectionist group The Order, a white nationalist group.

but by all means please continue to roleplay like you're not the dumpster fire of a human you actually are

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
wait didnt Avalloc handle the merch store? since when did remedial and mittens get a cut?

jesus christ bill gently caress off already

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bigbillthaboss posted:

there are numerous non 'R' word references that can be derived from oxygen deprivation, such as "learnincurve went to hard with their auto asphyxiation session about Goon drama and suffered a lack of oxygen as a result"

the sneaky little racist white supremacist '1488'' phrase you used in your own joke unfortunately has only one reference which is the slogan for the defunct white separatist insurrectionist group The Order, a white nationalist group.

but by all means please continue to roleplay like you're not the dumpster fire of a human you actually are

Shut the gently caress up

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
WARQUALS are the best in-game fleet comp, c/d

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Bigbillthaboss posted:

This isn’t Reddit you can stop posting like you do there ~in defense of the empire~

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Bigbillthaboss posted:

JFC turn on your monitor

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Everyone who has done the Goonfleet thing since Day 1 and is thinking of quitting the game entirely should really try small groups and/or wormhole stuff. I had a great time doing it for a while with random pubbies getting into fights and learning how to actually play way more than I ever did in years of big alliance fights with some angry man screaming over TS. In small groups you can like squint your eyes and see how Eve can have fun gameplay outside of industry or market stuff.

It has the added benefit of being able to park your stuff in HS somewhere when you want to take a break from MMOs for a while like a normal person

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

"ehehe I'm owning these guys so hard by posting lol triggered libs are so dumb"

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Mr. Grinch posted:

wait didnt Avalloc handle the merch store? since when did remedial and mittens get a cut?

jesus christ bill gently caress off already

this is from long before avalloc set up a merch store.

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

helperdog posted:

I thought Big McHuge was our coordinator during fountain war

Sorry fellow goons, Airbus was actually the coordinator during fountain War, McHuge was just FC

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Lead out in cuffs posted:

JFC turn on your monitor

how the gently caress would I type the comment you responded to if my monitor was off?? HOW??

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Rhymenoserous posted:

This isn’t Reddit you can stop posting like you do there ~in defense of the empire~

I'm not defending any empire, I'm just highlighting yet another disingenuous hypocrisy that appears to plague this thread throughout

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I'm not defending any empire, I'm just highlighting yet another disingenuous hypocrisy that appears to plague this thread throughout

In fact no, your post was not quite the gotcha you think it was.

Why the gently caress did we trade the likes of Endie and Hratli Smirks for you.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Arkhamina posted:

drat, I am going to have to read all 42 pages now to figure out wtf is the current drama.

I won Eve 6 or 7 years ago, and miss the camaraderie a lot. Tried other games (Ugh, Final Fantasy) but nothing ever stuck, since I was broke brained and confused video games with work, after spending 20+ hours a week for 5 years in GSOL. Now I just play Deep Rock Galactic and go hiking a lot.

On the other hand, I don't have to make excuses to myself on why I tolerate being around lovely people like Mittani. He's the perfect example of someone who got eaten by their online persona.

Yo Arkhamina! I wanna apologize for being a shithead to you back in the day.

It was only ever because of getting readonlyed by you on the forums or something like that, like never any personal conflict iirc, but I still remember a span of about a few months where i was taking a lot of shots at you that were pretty loving rude, and frequent, and i do genuinely apologize for that, it was uncalled for and i hope i didn't cause you any irl upset.

I had an issue with getting a 'reaction' out of people, drat near compulsion, and you'd never break your composure and i was envious that you were as in control of your emotions as you were (or at the very least appeared to be) and over time it made me feel really foolish & realize i was doing stuff that was
good for nobody and helped me break away from that kind of mentality both online and irl - so, thank you, in a weird way as well, but more importantly, I'm sorry.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Everyone who has done the Goonfleet thing since Day 1 and is thinking of quitting the game entirely should really try small groups and/or wormhole stuff. I had a great time doing it for a while with random pubbies getting into fights and learning how to actually play way more than I ever did in years of big alliance fights with some angry man screaming over TS. In small groups you can like squint your eyes and see how Eve can have fun gameplay outside of industry or market stuff.

It has the added benefit of being able to park your stuff in HS somewhere when you want to take a break from MMOs for a while like a normal person

WH stuff is amazing, we do a thing in tiny coalition of miners where we teach scanning and send newbies in to gas mine with the promise that we will give them a new venture if they die and it's the best thing. Sometimes they get blown up, sometimes they come back rich, but 50/50 they end up joining a WH corp themselves.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Oh poo poo my bad; I removed the link, good catch ty

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Potato Salad posted:

praise be drunk dwarf game

Foxhole is pretty fun too. Same sandbox with a steep learning curve feel, but way lower stakes.

There are a lotta Eve retirees / refugees, and the Goon presence is a) pretty chill with fairly distributed leadership, and b) the kind of people who take strong action on harassment and bigotry.

(Stereotype has been playing a lot lately, as an example.)

Just sayin'.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

it's almost like they were calling mittani a nazi. but a goon surely wouldn't do that

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Bigbillthaboss posted:

and how is 1488 different from using the N word exactly? I ask as a non-lovely normal person in rl.

homie I've got you on discord dropping n bombs like commas and audio aswell from within the last 9 months. and then defending that use after I called you out on it.

do the needful and shut up with the bad-faith arguments - this is not your lane, and you are not gonna get anywhere you wanna be by trying to stay in it

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

FirstnameLastname posted:

homie I've got you on discord dropping n bombs like commas and audio aswell from within the last 9 months. and then defending that use after I called you out on it.

do the needful and shut up with the bad-faith arguments - this is not your lane, and you are not gonna get anywhere you wanna be by trying to stay in it

I had to drop the amok meme chat at some point due to this. Travis "Tarvis Wells" Wells is cool as gently caress but there are others that are a bit much. And their roommates ... woo buddy.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Jazerus posted:

it's almost like they were calling mittani a nazi. but a goon surely wouldn't do that

He's not a Nazi. Nazis care way, way too much about stuff that isn't him. Mittani's ideology is, well,

He's a pickup artist. I'm not kidding. He uses pua terminology on the regular for discussing all sorts of real life and in game issues are described by him in terms of +ev or -ev. He was deep in the 'scene' for a while after his wife left him because.. do I really have to finish this sentence? you know why

ofc she was a 'crazy lying manipulative cluster b narc' according to him aswell, lol

this should help put the Masculine furniture for m
Men into perspective - it's PUA poo poo that he was able to fool himself into thinking he'd be able to fool others with

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I honestly only thought of Mittens as the kind of guy who would use $1488.69 as a price tag because he's a douchebag who thinks he's funner than he is.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I’ll never forget blackops coms when Travis “Travis loving Wells” Wells stopped mid coitus when he heard we had a carrier tackled. Then he solod the carrier in a dictor because he was the only person smart enough to listen to me.

The carrier jumped gate with just a smidge of hull left and Travis bubbled and popped it in one volley.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
mods i am sorry you are having to read all this

also not sorry - no mods no masters

either way thank you for probing that moron

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Remedial was not making 130k from merch, he wouldn't have been sadly rmting stolen isk after getting cut off from his parents for marrying outside his race

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Arkhamina posted:

drat, I am going to have to read all 42 pages now to figure out wtf is the current drama.

I won Eve 6 or 7 years ago, and miss the camaraderie a lot. Tried other games (Ugh, Final Fantasy) but nothing ever stuck, since I was broke brained and confused video games with work, after spending 20+ hours a week for 5 years in GSOL. Now I just play Deep Rock Galactic and go hiking a lot.

On the other hand, I don't have to make excuses to myself on why I tolerate being around lovely people like Mittani. He's the perfect example of someone who got eaten by their online persona.

Oh hey. I remember you. Echoing what FNLN said, I apologize for being so lovely to you.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

He was deep in the 'scene' for a while after his wife left him because.. do I really have to finish this sentence? you know why

It’s not that I haven’t already guessed but you know :allears:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

goninzo posted:

I had to drop the amok meme chat at some point due to this. Travis "Tarvis Wells" Wells is cool as gently caress but there are others that are a bit much. And their roommates ... woo buddy.

Agreed, Turbo is a shithead.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

He's a pickup artist. I'm not kidding. He uses pua terminology on the regular for discussing all sorts of real life and in game issues are described by him in terms of +ev or -ev. He was deep in the 'scene' for a while after his wife left him because.. do I really have to finish this sentence? you know why

ofc she was a 'crazy lying manipulative cluster b narc' according to him aswell, lol

This is so painfully obvious in retrospect that I feel very stupid for not realising.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Oh hey. I remember you. Echoing what FNLN said, I apologize for being so lovely to you.

Hell I’ve apologized once in mumble, but same for the public record.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Rhymenoserous posted:

I’ll never forget blackops coms when Travis “Travis loving Wells” Wells stopped mid coitus when he heard we had a carrier tackled. Then he solod the carrier in a dictor because he was the only person smart enough to listen to me.

The carrier jumped gate with just a smidge of hull left and Travis bubbled and popped it in one volley.

I havent heard this particular story but it sounds very much like Travis "Travis Wells" Wells. The man's a legend.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Foxhole is pretty fun too. Same sandbox with a steep learning curve feel, but way lower stakes.

There are a lotta Eve retirees / refugees, and the Goon presence is a) pretty chill with fairly distributed leadership, and b) the kind of people who take strong action on harassment and bigotry.

(Stereotype has been playing a lot lately, as an example.)

Just sayin'.

Yeah foxhole is fun and the goon clan isn’t run by the Catholic Church

Terminator
Mar 12, 2013
Currently just watching Xenuria do what only uhh... Xenuria could do to the Harassment Q&A thread. :munch:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

I havent heard this particular story but it sounds very much like Travis "Travis Wells" Wells. The man's a legend.

I like Travis because he doesn’t suffer from “Smartest man in the room” syndrome when doing small gang. He heard me say “I need you to hold gate this guy plays gate games all the time”

Everyone else “knew better” so Travis got to solo a carrier in a Sabre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Rhymenoserous posted:

I will never forget this story for as long as I live.