Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cowcaster posted:

did you mean to quote me here i think you clicked the wrong button

nope!

Anyway play Shiren the Wanderer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Ragequit posted:

Stray comes out in a week. If adventure games are your jam, you can’t go wrong playing a cyber city cat. The short gameplay videos I have seen so far were charming.

This is my big game release of the year so far, I was going to get it on PS5 but as soon as I saw it was deck verified, ooh baby

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Stray better be good for all of the advertising money they've been spending on it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

Stray better be good for all of the advertising money they've been spending on it
i mean Annapurna also put a lot of advertising money into 12 Minutes

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The 7th Guest posted:

lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The 7th Guest posted:

Uggghh well there goes all my enthusiasm for Stray

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Uggghh well there goes all my enthusiasm for Stray

I dunno I definitely feel a lot more emotion towards the game since it’s a cat and not humans.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I thought Deathloop up to 3/4 was really good and then it was just OK. Note that this still makes it a really good game with amazing atmosphere, music, great gameplay and fun back and forth between the protagonists. I'd preferred another game in the style of Prey instead because that game is absolutely one of the best games ever made but oh well, still worth playing.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Eason the Fifth posted:

Cloudpunk is very chill and meditative with blocky-pixel people. On the opposite end, The Ascent is non-stop shooty with a barebones story but incredible world detail.

Yeah the game's a bit eh but my god it's pretty.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
New victory condition for Factorio, cool.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I liked Deathloop a lot

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Mooncrash was absolutely amazing. I was really looking forward to deathloop because I liked prey and mooncrash a lot (dishonored was ok but eh.) I played deathloop and saw that (in my mind) "they had learned nothing from deathloop somehow" although deathloop was good in its own right. It just didn't have a lot of the cool poo poo from mooncrash.

Then I read that the person who was in charge of deathloop was basically completely unaware of mooncrash or what it did or how it worked or whatever, so yeaaah they DID learn nothing from mooncrash: it was a different part of the studio entirely, different team etc. No I have nothing to back this up but after playing both games, this seems correct to me, also someone posted this with proof I think, a while back and I don't remember the details.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

this is how i play RTS games, and why i hate ones with infinite resources

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I didn't think Mooncrash was very good (but I don't like roguelites as a general rule). It was 1% as good as the main Prey game, which is one of the best games I've ever played.

edit: Deathloop is definitely a spiritual successor to Dishonored in terms of its execution and gameplay, so comparisons to Prey are somewhat off the mark I think. Everything Deathloop does is basically a more free-form version of what Dishonored does. It's even got a lot of the same powers.

Volte fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 12, 2022

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Speaking of Cyberpunk, during fake-E3 I think there was a game that sounded liked it hit a lot of buttons for me. It was first person and you are opening up/managing a shop in a cyberpunk city. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

So...I've played Cyberpunk2077. It was good for a game I paid 20 bucks for, but now I want another grand Cyberpunk adventure. Any reccomendations?

It was mentioned a few pages back but The Ascent is a decent 15-20 hour game. First Half of the game was definitely better than the second half, kinda becomes a little tedious as you stop unlocking new things / realize it's a bit more shallow in terms of character builds/abilities than it starts out.

So it's kinda iffy as a $30 game but that sale price of $10 is probably worth a play. And actually it's on Xbox/Game Pass, so if you subscribe to that then just play it there. No idea what the DLC adds.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Speaking of Cyberpunk, during fake-E3 I think there was a game that sounded liked it hit a lot of buttons for me. It was first person and you are opening up/managing a shop in a cyberpunk city. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1488490/Nivalis/

It's by the Cloudpunk devs and seems to use the same engine (maybe the same city too)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I thought Annapurna was on the list of toxic lovely game companies. Was that an issue with smaller studios they published for or them directly?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Sure enough, COH3 is out in November. Interestingly enough the African campaign will be a linear one, not TW-style map like the Italian.
https://www.pcgamer.com/company-of-heroes-3-is-coming-on-november-17-along-with-two-very-different-campaigns/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

pentyne posted:

I thought Annapurna was on the list of toxic lovely game companies. Was that an issue with smaller studios they published for or them directly?
they sided with multiple abusers running several studios

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
pretty much, Annapurna doesn’t have any reports of abusing their own employees but they always condone the abuses that the psychopathic “auteurs” running their properties get up to

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
is outer wilds still ok

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The studios named in that controversy were Fullbright (made Gone Home, Tacoma, Open Roads), Mountains (made Florence) and Funomena (made Wattam, Luna)

Mobius Digital (Outer Wilds) didn't come up

juicefest
Jun 12, 2022

redreader posted:

Then I read that the person who was in charge of deathloop was basically completely unaware of mooncrash or what it did or how it worked or whatever, so yeaaah they DID learn nothing from mooncrash: it was a different part of the studio entirely, different team etc. No I have nothing to back this up but after playing both games, this seems correct to me, also someone posted this with proof I think, a while back and I don't remember the details.

You might be thinking of the Noclip documentary where this was confirmed to be the case.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah, from what i understand arkane lyon and arkane austin may as well be two entirely separate studios for how frequently they actually interact with each other

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It remains insane to me how stubborn every facet of the software industry is about refusing to communicate with or learn from anybody that isn’t directly in front of their face

juicefest
Jun 12, 2022

Oxxidation posted:

pretty much, Annapurna doesn’t have any reports of abusing their own employees but they always condone the abuses that the psychopathic “auteurs” running their properties get up to

The 7th Guest posted:

they sided with multiple abusers running several studios

I'm going to be "that guy" and say that if you actually read the reports it sounds like fairly typical workplace drama and describing it all as "abuse" makes it sound like something a lot more sinister than the usual problems people have interacting with each other (which we see constantly here on the forums with people misunderstanding each other).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
After the apparently inaccurate "deactivation" language was removed from the Steam listing, they're straight up selling Liberation again.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/260210/Assassins_Creed_Liberation_HD/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rinkles posted:

After the apparently inaccurate "deactivation" language was removed from the Steam listing, they're straight up selling Liberation again.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/260210/Assassins_Creed_Liberation_HD/

"inaccurate"

They totally didn't change their mind after the backlash.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is very disappointing as i was hoping for a future without Assassins Creed games

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
How is the Elden Ring port these days?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

"inaccurate"

They totally didn't change their mind after the backlash.

TBF the notice that the game was being completely pulled only ever appeared on Steam, Ubisofts own statements only said the DLC was being pulled

It could have been a miscommunication between Ubisoft and Valve

Ubisoft still needs to do something about the DLC though, they should just make it free at this point if they're not going to maintain the auth servers

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Power Wash simulator coming to Gamepass on Thursday. Glad I held off on buying that when everyone seemed to be playing it!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Xeras posted:

Good? I think it's always been good?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that one area right outside tutorial cave still runs like poo poo when you're going to fight the mounted boss but its fine otherwise

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Xeras posted:

better than release, still poor. performance is worse than it should be and there's still stuttering in some places. multiplayer is unplayable half the time due to a bug that disconnects you 2 minutes after connection.

I'm not sure they're going to make any more changes to performance and they seem content to let the multiplayer stay broken. there's no sign that improvements are coming so if you were waiting for more improvements before purchasing, just play it now.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

better than release, still poor. performance is worse than it should be and there's still stuttering in some places. multiplayer is unplayable half the time due to a bug that disconnects you 2 minutes after connection.

I'm not sure they're going to make any more changes to performance and they seem content to let the multiplayer stay broken. there's no sign that improvements are coming so if you were waiting for more improvements before purchasing, just play it now.

Did they at least fix the mid-fight cutscene when Rykard transforms? There were like five different points where it would freeze up for a second and it seemed to happen regardless of which system you were using.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

didn't happen for me and my elite gaming pc hope this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

juicefest posted:

I'm going to be "that guy" and say that if you actually read the reports it sounds like fairly typical workplace drama and describing it all as "abuse" makes it sound like something a lot more sinister than the usual problems people have interacting with each other (which we see constantly here on the forums with people misunderstanding each other).

Normal workplace drama like outing a subordinate, or being so toxic that you very publicly leave the company you founded. Just normal every day behaviour.

e: if anyone is curious, rather than folks in the thread repeating what they’ve read or heard, you can watch the below video where the link was more explicitly made around Annapurna’s role as a publisher. Take it for whatever you’d like, no ethical consumption and all of that.

https://youtu.be/xDPzZkx0cPs

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 12, 2022