Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Voice of Labor posted:

would you describe her boobs as politically motivated?

her boobs have a troubled past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The interviews with the IL shooter's dad are...poo poo. He's like "I have no involvement! ...Also I have no regrets helping him get those guns!"

Yeah, definitely seemed to lean to the right to me. :smug:

GOT EM, the Laugh Factory needs to book me, stat.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

would you feel differently about your nipples knowing they had suckled a domestic terrorist?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I'm just glad this country can protect its children by making sure there's no way they could see a woman's nipple on tv for three seconds. Think of the devastation and ruined lives that could create.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I AM GRANDO posted:

She pulls her shirt down and flashes her boobs at the police earlier in the video. Maybe she just left one hanging out.

Yet another lone wolf

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

We are hearing unconfirmed reports that they are on the FBI Most Wanted list.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yet another lone wolf

lone wolves

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spree killer origin stories

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

There's been some back-and-forth, but apparently some surveillance footage from Uvalde will be released.

CBS posted:

"This video would be of the hallway footage from the Robb Elementary School," explained Rep. Dustin Burrows (R). "It would contain no graphic images or depictions of violence. It would literally begin after the shooter enters the room and end before a breach of that room. The Department of Public Safety and the mayor of Uvalde have both agreed to that."

Some other shootings news:
- Two mass shootings at bars in South Africa; at least 15 dead in one and at least 3 dead in the other. Suspects of both are still at large.
- The IL shooter's mom was convicted of leaving him in a hot car when he was 2; there's also a history of cops showing up to his house at least nine times between 2010 and 2014.
- TL;DR for the Uvalde report that was released:

Stolen from Reddit posted:

One of the officers had Ramos in his gun sight before Ramos entered the school and asked his superior if he could shoot. He got no response, and by the time he looked again, Ramos was gone. The officer said he was concerned about missing Ramos because he was too far away (150 yards vs the 100 yards officers are certified on) and was worried about causing other damage.

Most of the shots (more than 100 rounds) happened within the first few minutes of Ramos entering the classroom. The gunshots stopped around the same time the first officers entered the school. After that, there was a volley of 14 shots and several single shots at various intervals between the time officers arrived and when Ramos was killed.

The report repeatedly criticizes officers for choosing to retreat from any shots from the shooter and waiting around in the hallways instead of breaching the classroom to save the injured and prevent more people from being shot. It says that it is likely some officers would have been injured or killed in the assault, but that is the responsibility they take on as police officers.

Officers incorrectly chose to use “barricaded suspect” protocol instead of “active shooter” protocol. To make matters worse, they were too slow in formulating a plan and improperly followed “barricaded suspect” protocol.

The report wasn’t able to determine whether officers in the building were notified of 911 calls from the classrooms about the number of wounded and dying victims, but they did know that there was at least one injured victim because one of the teachers had called her police officer husband and he relayed the information to the rest of officers.

The report only focused on how well protocol was followed and didn’t include any information about victims who were killed immediately versus those who were injured and died waiting for police to breach the classroom. There was also no information on whether any students or teachers were injured by officers’ gunfire when they entered the classroom.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
So have we made any headway on meaningful firearms legislation yet?

Not really? Okay.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Nope. :smith:

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1546578881460817921

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1546519043800289282

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1546954503655772161?s=21&t=droBJ_3b8R9DbFQkPOlpog

Ed: fixed link to the story

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/07/12/uvalde-school-shooting-video-of-robb-elementary-shows-police-response/65370384007/

Regalingualius fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 12, 2022

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/RondaLee1967/status/1546957195564269571

https://twitter.com/DirtyDucko/status/1546965773297614849

Summary of the video:
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1546955421243478016

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 12, 2022

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

loving seriously. :mad:

https://twitter.com/CousinNate1/status/1546958573128794112?s=20&t=LrdhKx5wFdVcXJhH7_kOiA

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:shepface:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I don't want these cops to lose their jobs.
I want the u.s. to look at this, and understand there have been DECADES of strengthening police forces, funding "improved" training, paramilitary arms and supplies, and hoisting cops up on the pedestal of American hero...
And I want people to see this is the outcome.
The U.S. police force average is an overfunded, overpowered bully. Eager to fill unarmed people with lead, and TERRIFIED of having to face an armed threat.
How many of these kids and the teachers died, cause of this spectacular in-action?
For an event that could have been over 4 excruciatingly and infinitely-long minutes after it started. 4 minutes would have been a failure.

This is indescribable.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Made the mistake of reading this interview with survivors/their parents while at work, and now I'm crying at my desk.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/us/uvalde-massacre-child-survivors-moms/index.html

One of the surviving kids got upset during a BBQ, because the smoke smells reminded him of a room post-gunfire.

Ain't nothing ever gonna loving change. :smith:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

there's only one thing these cops should be doing and they refuse

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Bananana posted:

I don't want these cops to lose their jobs.
I want the u.s. to look at this, and understand there have been DECADES of strengthening police forces, funding "improved" training, paramilitary arms and supplies, and hoisting cops up on the pedestal of American hero...
And I want people to see this is the outcome.
The U.S. police force average is an overfunded, overpowered bully. Eager to fill unarmed people with lead, and TERRIFIED of having to face an armed threat.
How many of these kids and the teachers died, cause of this spectacular in-action?
For an event that could have been over 4 excruciatingly and infinitely-long minutes after it started. 4 minutes would have been a failure.

This is indescribable.

Biden’s going to give them billions more for “training” and “tools” so this won’t happen in the future *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pinche Rudo posted:

Biden’s going to give them billions more for “training” and “tools” so this won’t happen in the future *wink wink, nudge nudge*

The only time they won't do any means testing.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Rasmussen (the polling company) is going all in on the chud election conspiracy right now. This is about a third of the bullshit they just tweeted out

Going to step away from the internet and news for a while until I get the rage caused by two or three avenues of awful to manageable and moderately healthy levels. I thought getting informed on Jan 6th would use up most of my energy today.

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 12, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
eh, gently caress AZ.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Reading that and it again says how the cops shouted in to see if anyone was alive which a girl did and was then shot dead.

How much more time after that proof of live and proof the gunman was still there did those cowards wait??

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Have any of those pigs killed themselves yet? I feel like after a big failure a few always top themselves. Perhaps it is only when they fear they will face consequences.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

I AM GRANDO posted:

Have any of those pigs killed themselves yet? I feel like after a big failure a few always top themselves. Perhaps it is only when they fear they will face consequences.
how was it a failure? none of them were hurt. they followed their training, they all got lots of overtime, got to congratulate themselves for being heroes, i'm sure there are promotions and medals in the works and they'll have a bigger budget next year *shrug* they did everything they were legally required to do and not an inch more. by police metrics it was an unqualified sucess

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

I AM GRANDO posted:

LMAO if you think any of those pigs think they did anything wrong whatsoever

E:
https://twitter.com/WhiffWhaffWhoff/status/1546972414348861442

Butterwagon fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 12, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
LMAO @ everything.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

pro starcraft loser posted:

Reading that and it again says how the cops shouted in to see if anyone was alive which a girl did and was then shot dead.

How much more time after that proof of live and proof the gunman was still there did those cowards wait??

They say that was the moment that made them finally ~go against orders~ and storm the room but that is almost certainly just another lie.

:shrug:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Butterwagon posted:

E:

Okay well I think between this, the J6 hearings, and the Twitter lawsuit that's enough internet for today

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
and using the phone with his trigger finger while literally holding a pistol

truly twisted

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

wait until the police refer to themselves as "victims"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Butterwagon posted:

E:

I am using this image next time some boomer complains about kids and their cell phones

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Oh they already are. The mayor was 'dismayed' or 'saddened' that this footage was leaked before they could 'tell the families' of their cowardice or something.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Butterwagon posted:

E:

jesus gently caress gently caress

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Mulaney Power Move posted:

too late. the little bitches already whine about budget cuts despite their budgets being universally increased. they whine about how dangerous their jobs are when comparatively they are not. they whine about their wives wanting to divorce them because of the beatings

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Punisher69: should I breach rm? children dying.
BigChief: ...
Punisher69: i brought my gun, maybe I could blast him? lol
BigChief: wut kind of gun he have?
Punisher69: I dunno. AR i guess.
BigChief: ...
Punisher69: He still in there shooting tho lmao.
BigChief: your soft armor won't stop .556
Punisher69: I have some sapi plates that i use for cosplay but they @ my house
BigChief: just hang tight, we'll send over some guys
Punisher69: this guy must have popped in a new mag cuz he's blastin again lol
BigChief: lol
Punisher69: do you do wordle?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Plan R posted:

Oh they already are. The mayor was 'dismayed' or 'saddened' that this footage was leaked before they could 'tell the families' of their cowardice or something.

They wanted to give Skullphone a head start to get the hell out of dodge

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Regalingualius posted:

They wanted to give Skullphone a head start to get the hell out of dodge

The most amazing part is most of these cops will get permanent disability payments for PTSD lol

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

molestrios posted:

The most amazing part is most of these cops will get permanent disability payments for PTSD lol

Like that one cop who made someone crawl towards him while pointing a gun with "You're hosed" engraved on it before killing him. The victim's daughter tried to kill herself and the family got gently caress all in terms of compensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
I'm not about to say I'm gung-ho, charge, yee-ha! but if it's children dying (AND THEY KNEW IT WAS ONE GUY) I could not live with myself if I didn't do something!!

Not one of them stepped up and said "gently caress it, I'm going in there right now!" Or maybe there was one or two but they were overridden. That wouldn't stop me and I would likely die but goddammit!!