Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
kick deadtear from goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

So, in the course of a page, we just saw more people describe Deadtear as "the most pointlessly hostile person they've met" or "someone that [they've] absolutely hid from" too.

That's a safety issue, and that's why people whose lives are filled with enough undeserved "pointless hostility" can't handle it and walked away, or hid. Everyone's tolerances are different.

Look, sexual harassment and corpmail transphobia are big-letter, easy-to-recognize signs that this thread shifted gears into talking about pretty easily. What's harder to shift into is recognizing that fostering pointless, blue-on-blue hostility to such an extreme that it is commonly characterized as superlative on the internet in 2022 is a starting point for tolerance of abuse that leads to...here.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Potato Salad posted:

So, in the course of a page, we just saw more people describe Deadtear as "the most pointlessly hostile person they've met" or "someone that [they've] absolutely hid from" too.

That's a safety issue, and that's why people whose lives are filled with enough undeserved "pointless hostility" can't handle it and walked away, or hid. Everyone's tolerances are different.

Look, sexual harassment and corpmail transphobia are big-letter, easy-to-recognize signs that this thread shifted gears into talking about pretty easily. What's harder to shift into is recognizing that fostering pointless, blue-on-blue hostility to such an extreme that it is commonly characterized as superlative on the internet in 2022 is a starting point for tolerance of abuse that leads to...here.

have him arrested

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Potato Salad posted:

Thanks for taking so long to say it.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Potato Salad posted:

Thats a safety issue.

jesus christ guy touch grass

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

That Works posted:

Oh, no, I am very certain of that because I was pissed at the time because you were just randomly banning people all the time and I really did want to know it from BobVII because they were the first person I knew kind of well who was going through that. Pretty sure you reached out to unban me later but I didn't want to be around you any more by that point even if it meant cutting ties with other gammas I was close to.

E: I have nothing to gain to lie about this.

I don't think you're lying I think you're misremembering it, I barely remember that time frame it but it doesn't really matter, I was close to bobvii at the time and if I did anything it was almost certainly an oversensitive/protective reaction on my part and I'm sorry.

as for the other thing I think I do and I'm really sorry dude that was way over the line

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

hilarious, in a pathetic way, that freshly probated bbtb has found his way into that post and is immediately on the wrong side of it again

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I don't think you're lying I think you're misremembering it, I barely remember that time frame it but it doesn't really matter, I was close to bobvii at the time and if I did anything it was almost certainly an oversensitive/protective reaction on my part and I'm sorry.

as for the other thing I think I do and I'm sorry dude that was way over the line

Could be so.

Thanks for the apology man I appreciate it. I am sorry if I was a jerk to you back when.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

The Mittani aka Alexander Goonflashfurniturco

you are disgusting beyond belief

Seriously. Go. By god, man, leave.

where's the loving apologies for this stuff?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

FirstnameLastname posted:

Oh hey I remember when this happened.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

That Works posted:

Could be so.

Thanks for the apology man I appreciate it. I am sorry if I was a jerk to you back when.

all water under the bridge (if you were i deserved it)

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
when someone in a community is recreationally mean, and his recreational meanness is not only tolerated but encouraged and celebrated by leadership, it makes it harder to make the space welcoming to people who suffer from a lot of other recreational meanness. it's not impossible, and not every individual will react the same way, but it's a real headwind.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
just lmao @ everything

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

raminasi posted:

when someone in a community is recreationally mean, and his recreational meanness is not only tolerated but encouraged and celebrated by leadership, it makes it harder to make the space welcoming to people who suffer from a lot of other recreational meanness. it's not impossible, and not every individual will react the same way, but it's a real headwind.

alternatively, dont be such a bad poster

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the revolution will be posted

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Deadtear r/o'd me once for making GBS threads up the AAD thread, because I was making GBS threads up the AAD thread.

I didn't notice for a week.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is there a tl;dr

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="524800247"]
alternatively, dont be such a bad poster

i understand that the line of argument is not too interesting to others who also enjoy being recreationally mean and aren't worried about any unexpected effects this might have on their communities

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

Anyone afraid of deadtear shouldn’t probably be on the internet. Literally the worst thing he ever said to anyone was “shut the gently caress up idiot” which while pointlessly hostile and nigh on constant was pretty much white noise background to him wailing down forum gags on the worst creeps goonfleet had to offer. That’s the reason people are arguing with you. We’ve all seen him go after transphobes, mras, homophobes, racists and the like with the same dedication and ferocity that DBRB has when he spies a plate of shrimp. It’s not that we haven’t seen him do the bad things you claim, it’s that we’ve seen him do the opposite with such regularity that it beggars belief.

Just post a single shred of evidence to back up your claim and I’ll help you tear him down.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

PookBear posted:

is there a tl;dr

woman harassed by 2 people across multiple platforms. blocks are done all over. things get reported. nothing is done. then everyone gets kicked.

delta shines a light on the giant turd

delta is toxic you see

now possible change might in theory happen, but won't actually because the same motherfuckers are still in charge

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

It’s all emotionally abusive people all the way down and apparently none of them have grown or changed in any way in the almost two decades since I started eve or the decade since I stopped. It’s fine so long as nobody here is gullible enough to start playing and actually subject themselves to any of this nonsense.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

PookBear posted:

is there a tl;dr

Frank Frank posted:

just lmao @ everything

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

PookBear posted:

is there a tl;dr

Needless cruelty fosters worse things down the road, and an alliance CEO groping women in Madison, Wisconsin shouldn't be anywhere near a place of power that may have to handle sexual harassment incidents.

Frank Frank posted:

just lmao @ everything

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

:stare:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lol

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
goodness gracious

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

deadtear got me unbanned after i posted keyboard good and innominate didnt know what it was, so in summary deadtear is a land of contrasts

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
What in tarnation. :hmmno:

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

I.... huh.

I may have to reconsider my desire to continue flying the fatbee flag

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
its already gone?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

deadtear got me unbanned after i posted keyboard good and innominate didnt know what it was, so in summary deadtear is a land of contrasts

i never said i didnt make mistakes

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Wait hold up. How the gently caress did you not know what keyboard goop was?

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Mr. Grinch posted:

its already gone?

quote:

Removed. Way too much personal information of people who have nothing to do with eve (Profile pictures, first names). This is right up against reddit ToS so it's not even in our hands. Please message us in modmail so we can talk about how to actually post something like this if it's doable within the context of reddit ToS.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Frank Frank posted:

cause the directors are not goons, even innominate didnt know and i was completely shocked (he also posted it in the nws forum iirc they thought it was homegrown)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mr. Grinch posted:

its already gone?

Too close to the line. That's ... actually the right call for this version of the post.

The imgur link will continue to circulate, and perhaps a proper privacy edit will produce a new post.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 13, 2022

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Frank Frank posted:

perhaps he's never masturbated

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

cause the directors are not goons, even innominate didnt know and i was completely shocked (he also posted it in the nws forum iirc they thought it was homegrown)

yeah i posted it in xenuria's dumb battlestations thread in helldump and innominate thought i was posting homegrown lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

quote:

Redditswarm CEO - Hail Mittani

:thunk: