Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

If anyone is looking for a single player time sink to just get away man starsector is the poo poo.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/commen...utm_name=iossmf

can confirm Space Mount And Blade is v good although it does not quite scratch the eve itch

there's a steam workshop mod that adds eve ships to stellaris too if that's your jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

wow what a lovely snype

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Mr. Grinch posted:

lol BBTB thinks its a photoshop, amazing

The first part only exists on an archive site atm, the facebook link itself is dead. But it's there in some form.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Just chiming in to say that it's nice to see a lot of the people I flew with the most having a moral compass.

RIP Schaden.

EDIT: and also Starsector does indeed own bones, though it's more like Mount & Blade's overworld with isometric combat and Battletech's customizatoin.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

brave crushed under the boot of our elite hotdrop doctrine. We have already won the war.

https://br.evetools.org/br/62ce1f10b1a29c05c08eae66

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Arkhamina posted:

Also being a Madison person too for the last 10 years, that behavior poo poo was pretty obvious. When I hosted the goonps (let's invite 60 internet spaceship people to the house for three days straight for a kegger!) He would have have a weird little flock of yes-men, and what I uncharitably called the Coterie of Skanks. Including the Toni chick. He'd breeze in, not even introduce the guests (this is where everyone else has been specifically given info and I have at least their spaceship names. Generally people chipped in, because myself and Shiny (the goon I eloped here for) threw down hundreds of dollars for beer, booze, and food. He did not. Like he's the entertainment, not a pleb. An hour later he'd get bored and demand people go to a bar. Some people did, but it's pretty loving poor form to show up to a party like that.

To say nothing of his obvious demand assessment of 'who are you, what do you do' with his whole focus on things that could advance his business. Hindsight, it really did play out like someone mimicking the pua videos, or 'how to be impressive Powerful Man's poo poo.

The weird thing was, early on when I moved here, he was a real person. He got a shovel and helped build the garden. He dog sat, chilled out on the patio, played board games. The internet ate him.

I was always upset I never got to go to iceswarm. I d have loved hanging out with Papa Konno Yoshiho and smoke weed and eat chili.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I dunno about that guy other than the bee sticker thing,

Could I ask what the "bee sticker thing" was?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Cpt Soban posted:

Marlona Sky claimed goons stalked them and stuck a fatbee sticker in their niece's backpack.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cpt Soban posted:

Marlona skye claimed goons slipped a pack of bee stickers into his nieces pack while she was at school, he found them and had an aneurism because oh poo poo bees.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Feliday Melody posted:

Could you tell this story?

It was Rhydis, she was one of the Amok founders.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

Marlona Sky claimed goons stalked them and stuck a fatbee sticker in their niece's backpack.

It wasn’t even fatbee. Just generic bee stickers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cpt Soban posted:

some guy in an enemy alliance who had a website/pulpit to stand on said his kid niece came home with a backpack with fatbee stickers on it and a message from a stranger along the lines of "The Mittani sends his regards"

at the time, it was laughably, stupidly implausible. It still is, and even if it happened, there's nothing to say it wasn't just some weirdo alliance member doing something incredibly stupid and not directly linked to Mittani, but given the current climate some people's opinion has moved from "This poo poo absolutely never happened" to "... given all the other weird crap there's a non-zero possibility that this happened."

Balthusdire
Jul 12, 2022
Okay so for anyone on the fence about the mittani apology there is only one thing you need to know.

Mittani has not apologized or reached out to wolf at all. He "apologized" to her by posting an apology on a forum which she was kicked from and understandably has not spent any time regaining access to.

Damage control nothing more.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

I was always upset I never got to go to iceswarm. I d have loved hanging out with Papa Konno Yoshiho and smoke weed and eat chili.

gently caress, I almost made it one time with a couple of canadagoons, I think we had a tentative idea to get me, Leask, and KColor to convoy down there one year but it ended up being a noop

I think I watched that one over twitch and Ark was very cool and kept coming to talk to the stream crew

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
while were at it can someone explain who Stucks was and whatever drama that entailed?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mr. Grinch posted:

while were at it can someone explain who Stucks was and whatever drama that entailed?

I think Stux still has the avatar they got from the event that explains it pretty succinctly.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Carth Dookie posted:

some guy in an enemy alliance who had a website/pulpit to stand on said his kid niece came home with a backpack with fatbee stickers on it and a message from a stranger along the lines of "The Mittani sends his regards"

at the time, it was laughably, stupidly implausible. It still is, and even if it happened, there's nothing to say it wasn't just some weirdo alliance member doing something incredibly stupid and not directly linked to Mittani, but given the current climate some people's opinion has moved from "This poo poo absolutely never happened" to "... given all the other weird crap there's a non-zero possibility that this happened."

Thankyou and the others for the explanation.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Carth Dookie posted:

I think Stux still has the avatar they got from the event that explains it pretty succinctly.

if you mean on SA, the user "Stux" doesnt have a red text avatar

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

If I had to guess, elsa is frozenpussy, the guy who drew his eve character naked or as elsa naked or some loving weird poo poo then changed his name to roll with the punches multiple times.

Oh my God I forgot about this :cripes:

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Oh my God I forgot about this :cripes:

quote:

the guy who drew his eve character naked or as elsa naked or some loving weird poo poo then changed his name to roll with the punches multiple times.

Not empty quoting: What the gently caress?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Cpt Soban posted:

Exactly what it sounds like.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

Nah, it was a keylogger installed by a goon, who's name i can't remember, wanna say it started with a T, if anyone remembers the goon thay was staying at remedials house as a roommate for a few months under the specific direction of Mittani (Best man at Remedial's wedding, remember) as a "security assurance" to make sure he couldn't skip away with the Titan fund as they were suspicious & because they thought he was skimming off the resub commissions and goon merch (he was, to both)

Tsetasi?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Yes he means tsetasi

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Cpt Soban posted:

He lacked sense and shame in equal measure.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Man as weird as the directors of today are they sure were weirder in like 2008. What’s funny is none of this dumb bullshit from Digi doxing on up ever amounted to any strategic gains in the game. All our big “disband em!” espionage wins were tripped into.

I swear to god the only reason you fuckers ever win for as much misplaced effort you put in dumb poo poo is that the other side is even dumber.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

I wonder how many people I would have saved by denying their applications.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

I swear to god the only reason you fuckers ever win for as much misplaced effort you put in dumb poo poo is that the other side is even dumber.

I mean, yeah?

c355n4 posted:

Zero unless you denying their applications resulted in them in quitting EVE.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

c355n4 posted:

same

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
idk i'm starting to think saying stuff like "eat my whole rear end" may have been indicative.

hmmm

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

c355n4 posted:

I'm beginning to think my blacklist by Mittani/Nom (for making fun of his alliance in game and on reddit) was a blessing in disguise.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Oops double post I'm a bad.

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
Jesus Christ

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Elusif II posted:

Jesus Christ

did you forget your password

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

I am getting depressed reading this stuff. :smith:

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
:words:
Free Stucks was when I was very new. Backstory, I played for less than a year, 5 months of which I told people I had a broken mic until I was scouting for SUAS in a fleet, my client locked up because a gate camp was too much for my lovely computer. I mic'd up to tell people not to jump. Oh poo poo, a girl. At that time, there was I think Blue Medusa and one other rarely active ladygoon players who were 'out'. 2000+ goons, statistics say likely more...
Anyhow, we had just lost a carrier to a hostile squadwarp, (bobfrommatketing?) free move was off, and as a person in Specops, they had me juggling bonuses because I was able to keep track of who had what 5's, etc. Actually, I recall we had just reset AAA, because it had a bunch of bittervets coming out of the woodwork. People are making GBS threads up comms, I am trying to fill squad after squad, the chat is also shat up, so I asked to have people clear comms and keep it to text so I could get people to identify themselves and roles. One guy in particular. I tell him to shut the gently caress up.

So dumbfuck Brit takes offense, (Stucks) makes a bunch of comments about girls in his internet spaceships, get back in the kitchen etc. FC boots him. Someone reinvites him starts it again. Booted, called primary. His mates get in on it. Booted, primaried, podded, kicked. I am not a director back then. I didn't demand anything, he just annoyed the FCs. It becomes an instant meme. People posting Free Stucks everywhere. Within a couple hours people had dox'd me, had dug up tons of old photos (photos I had lost track of, I actually saved a bunch down!). Failed to find the art school nudes, comedy.

Anyhow, 20+ call out thread of how I was a horrible fat whore. (Context - I wear 34/30 men's pants back then). Met a couple of them in Chicago, and I did get drunk and in one's face (forgot who) and he ran away. I was miserable for a bit, but I won't give up and mostly I stuck around because I didn't want to give people the pleasure of chasing me off. Then I ran off with SpecOps and SUAS and had a great time as a suicidal dictor pilot. God I loved tackling poo poo...

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

did you forget your password

Correct, and lost the email.

Anyways, my takeaway from this thread is that mittani sucks and should be ostracized at any opportunity.
My other takeaway is that Frank Frank is still cool and I am glad they aren't dead.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Arkhamina posted:

:words:
Free Stucks was when I was very new. Backstory, I played for less than a year, 5 months of which I told people I had a broken mic until I was scouting for SUAS in a fleet, my client locked up because a gate camp was too much for my lovely computer. I mic'd up to tell people not to jump. Oh poo poo, a girl. At that time, there was I think Blue Medusa and one other rarely active ladygoon players who were 'out'. 2000+ goons, statistics say likely more...
Anyhow, we had just lost a carrier to a hostile squadwarp, (bobfrommatketing?) free move was off, and as a person in Specops, they had me juggling bonuses because I was able to keep track of who had what 5's, etc. Actually, I recall we had just reset AAA, because it had a bunch of bittervets coming out of the woodwork. People are making GBS threads up comms, I am trying to fill squad after squad, the chat is also shat up, so I asked to have people clear comms and keep it to text so I could get people to identify themselves and roles. One guy in particular. I tell him to shut the gently caress up.

So dumbfuck Brit takes offense, (Stucks) makes a bunch of comments about girls in his internet spaceships, get back in the kitchen etc. FC boots him. Someone reinvites him starts it again. Booted, called primary. His mates get in on it. Booted, primaried, podded, kicked. I am not a director back then. I didn't demand anything, he just annoyed the FCs. It becomes an instant meme. People posting Free Stucks everywhere. Within a couple hours people had dox'd me, had dug up tons of old photos (photos I had lost track of, I actually saved a bunch down!). Failed to find the art school nudes, comedy.

Anyhow, 20+ call out thread of how I was a horrible fat whore. (Context - I wear 34/30 men's pants back then). Met a couple of them in Chicago, and I did get drunk and in one's face (forgot who) and he ran away. I was miserable for a bit, but I won't give up and mostly I stuck around because I didn't want to give people the pleasure of chasing me off. Then I ran off with SpecOps and SUAS and had a great time as a suicidal dictor pilot. God I loved tackling poo poo...

Good to see you back; was sad to not see you around when I returned to Eve. Sucks that it's under such crappy circumstances.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Elusif II posted:

Correct, and lost the email.

Anyways, my takeaway from this thread is that mittani sucks and should be ostracized at any opportunity.
My other takeaway is that Frank Frank is still cool and I am glad they aren't dead.

lmao

not just at elusif, at all of it, but lmao at elusif too

lot of old heads coming out of the woodwork here

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

pokchu posted:

lmao

not just at elusif, at all of it, but lmao at elusif too

lot of old heads coming out of the woodwork here