Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

thanks to climate change meltdown may now lasts into July

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
shame new hampshire abolished capital punishment because that's premeditated murder right there

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mawarannahr posted:

found this searching for something about tuna fish and can’t stop watching repeatedly :catstare: https://twitter.com/wallstreetsilv/status/1545724448531107840

“No limits” to growth

Somewhere in Japan an executive just got wood and doesn't know why yet.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lackmaster posted:

what am I looking at here

looks to me like a sprinkler system, they build them then dump dirt instead of doing trenches

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lackmaster posted:

what am I looking at here

This is Disney watering a desert with the intent to turn it into a lagoon while they build a gated community around it.

Would you like to see a pamphlet of what they're building? https://www.wdw-magazine.com/storyliving-by-disney-the-new-way-to-experience-disney-magic-at-home/

quote:

If you’ve always dreamed about living at a Disney Park, we have some exciting news for you. No, you can’t move into Cinderella Castle, but soon you will be able to live in a planned community designed by Disney Imagineers and created with the magic of Disney in mind.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Those Disney neighborhoods have to be full of just absolute psychos

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Mameluke posted:

i love estate sales i feel like they're the last place left to buy reasonable items at reasonable prices

anything I used to consider “nice” at estate sales has gotten a lot more expensive and competitive over the past 10 years due to eBay and reverse image search, and it’s really accelerated since the beginning of the pandemic as estate sale companies try to squeeze more money from their sales and more buyers become full time flippers.

that said it’s still possible to get cheap crap, if not unfashionable, but still better made than anything you could get for ten times the price nowadays.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

I'm not, I went loving insane years and years ago and now this is just more of the same ol'.

:yeah:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
bro the cringe in the water is making me freak the gently caress out

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
microcringe particles are already in our blood

Lackmaster
Mar 1, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is Disney watering a desert with the intent to turn it into a lagoon while they build a gated community around it.

Would you like to see a pamphlet of what they're building? https://www.wdw-magazine.com/storyliving-by-disney-the-new-way-to-experience-disney-magic-at-home/

oooh this is great context

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The cringe in the air is starting to get to me. anyone else feel like people should be more... aware? of all??? THIS???

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol

quote:

Introducing Storyliving by Disney
Storyliving by Disney will start with a new neighborhood designed by Disney in collaboration with DMB Development in the Palm Springs, California, area. The neighborhood, named Cotina, will feature a giant 24-acre grand oasis in its center, with homes surrounding the water. The oasis itself will use Crystal Lagoons technology, which builds bodies of water with low water consumption and minimal additives.

wtf is crystal lagoons

quote:

Ecommerce & Covid Proof
Public Access Lagoons™ projects are very unique investments with perpetual returns that are Ecommerce-proof given that they offer experiences rather than products that can be sold online.
Additionally, they have proven to be extraordinarily successful during the Covid pandemic, since they provide open spaces with controlled access where sanitary measures such as social distancing can be enforced, unlike public beaches.

quote:

Water Treatment
The technology of Crystal Lagoons applies a system of pulses of disinfection that allows up to 100 times less chemicals than those used in conventional swimming pools.

Conventional swimming pool technology requires maintaining high levels of residual chlorine or other disinfectants in the water, to achieve permanent disinfection and avoid contamination of water by external agents, such as swimmers. Maintaining such high and permanent levels of chemicals in large bodies of water has very high costs, which makes it economically unfeasible. In addition, it generates a large amount of by-products that can be harmful to the environment. Therefore, it is not viable to apply this disinfection technology in large bodies of water.

Crystal Lagoons patented solution consists of applying controlled pulses of small amounts of safe additives in the water of the lagoons, in very specific patterns that are determined by their own algorithms. This way, it is not necessary to maintain a high and permanent level of disinfection in the water.

The results of this efficient system based on pulses of disinfection allows to use up to 100 times less chemicals compared to conventional swimming pools and drinking water treatments, reducing the excessive costs of additives and their consequent damage to the environment.

The application of additives is determined electronically by injectors and sensors strategically located in the lagoon. This operation is managed online by the Crystal Lagoons Control Center, so that the presence of qualified personnel for the application of the additives and the monitoring of the water quality of the lagoon is not necessary.

Crystal Lagoons has also developed and patented a new technology that enables creating different zones within large bodies of water, which can meet different water quality standards according to local regulatory requirements.

quote:

Filtration
Crystal Lagoons technology includes an efficient filtration system that uses only 2% of the energy compared to conventional centralized swimming pool filtration systems.

Traditional swimming pool technology requires the filtration of the full volume of water between 1 to 6 times a day (usually 4 times daily, depending on local regulations). For this, large and costly centralized filtration systems are used but not viable in large bodies of water. If this technology were applied to lagoons, the filtration systems would be exorbitant due to the large volumes of water that would have to be filtered daily, with a significant impact on the costs and physical space necessary for their installation. Likewise, the consumption of energy for the operation of filters and pumps would be immense. Therefore, the use of pool filtration systems for large lakes or lagoons is neither economically feasible nor technologically viable.

Crystal Lagoons patented solution consists of applying safe additives and different ultrasonic waves in the water, which causes the contaminating particles to agglomerate into larger particles, which are later removed from the lagoon. With this technique, it allows for the filtration of only a small portion of the total volume of water.

Crystal Lagoons efficient filtration system consumes only 2% of the energy compared to conventional swimming pool filtration systems. In addition, as the Crystal Lagoons filtered volume is up to 300 times lower than in conventional systems, the complete filtration system is smaller, allowing the space required for the installation of pumps and filters to be reduced.

in other words just microdosing conventional pool cleaning chemicals, but with ~*~algorithms~*~ and ~*~ultrasonic technology~*~. creating a complex system that needs precise and constant management, and is physically incapable of cleaning or filtering any significant % of the water volume if something goes wrong.

im guessing this all goes to poo poo if there’s say, a supply chain problem, and replacement pH sensors are delayed for 12 weeks on the Evergiven.

what stupid bullshit

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

The cringe in the air is starting to get to me. anyone else feel like people should be more... aware? of all??? THIS???

nah ignorance is bliss dude

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Behold a modest bounty

23 pounds and another ten on the tree that I can't get to. Enjoy, winged creatures.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Basic Poster posted:

Behold a modest bounty

23 pounds and another ten on the tree that I can't get to. Enjoy, winged creatures.

that owns what are your plans with them?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Basic Poster posted:

Behold a modest bounty

what you gonna do? make some pie? some lovely preserves?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

preserve them in hard alcohol in case of emergency

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

u can make booze out of them then use the cherry husks for a delicious fruit cake

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
This hack loving bit is cringe and fail

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Basic Poster posted:

Behold a modest bounty

There's an old lady down the street from me with a tree full of ripe dark red cherries and they haven't been picked. You thinkI should just knock on her door and offer to pick em for her and ask for a cut? I WANT THEM

shes adorable and I see her knitting by the window all the time.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
I gave about five pounds to my lovely Jordanian neighbor and some more to the nice young non chud ex marine across the street. I have another tree with the same amount. Sadly I waited too long on some Rainier trees because I had the leave town last week so some flies laid larvae in nearly all of them, but they need a life cycle too so I'm good with it and obvo have plenty.

I'm going to try to pit them all. Dry half, booze up a quarter and freeze another quarter. Idk what kind of booze. Cordial something or cherry wine. Also making some wild yarrow beer that I have a lot of.

Found out with dried fruit, it makes an excellent medium for cultivating ng wild yeast. Couple of dry cherries and water in a sealed jar, 7 days later, you've got wild bread starter. 14 days after that, amazing vinegar. Dried fruit is amazing but most of the commercial stuff has something in it to preserve color, and therefore kills the active cultures that could utilize it in air. But if anyone has fruit, drying it sure does open a lot of doors.

E: also have quite a stunning amount of poisons on the property. Foxglove, hemlock, champagne death cap, devil's club, black locust, climbing nightshade. So many. Guess now I've got a lot of cherry pits to add to the list. Waste not want not.

Basic Poster has issued a correction as of 03:56 on Jul 13, 2022

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
dry your cherries on your bitcoin mining rig

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
[Biosphere Collapse]Editor's Note: The sound of children screaming has been removed

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-13/wildfires-sweep-across-portugal-during-heatwave-affecting-europe/101233060

quote:

Joaquim Gomes, a 75-year-old retiree who has lived in a tiny village in Ourém for five decades, said he was afraid the wildfire could reach his home but was willing to do everything in his power to help fight it.

"I don't remember anything like what is happening today," he said while gathered with other residents near the village's bar.

"It [the fire] is everywhere."

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
it [the cringe] is everywhere

mainly in my posts

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

silicone thrills posted:

There's an old lady down the street from me with a tree full of ripe dark red cherries and they haven't been picked. You thinkI should just knock on her door and offer to pick em for her and ask for a cut? I WANT THEM

shes adorable and I see her knitting by the window all the time.

why not just ask her if you can pick cherries for both you and her (half-half) and then bake her a pie or something

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Hubbert posted:

why not just ask her if you can pick cherries for both you and her (half-half) and then bake her a pie or something

OH BOY, WHAT FLAVOR?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Spergin Morlock posted:

OH BOY, WHAT FLAVOR?

:thunk:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so are we just gonna roll over and be OK with cringe polluting our every space? yes? oh i see. Time to fire up the ol Dontgiveafucknomore (lots of alcohol)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Spergin Morlock posted:

OH BOY, WHAT FLAVOR?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

🥧 🥧 🥧

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

ArfJason posted:

so are we just gonna roll over and be OK with cringe polluting our every space? yes? oh i see. Time to fire up the ol Dontgiveafucknomore (lots of alcohol)

Wait, you've been posting sober?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

endlessmonotony posted:

I didn't even know that was an option

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

500 good dogs posted:

I didn't even know that was an option

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Those Disney neighborhoods have to be full of just absolute psychos

Rime posted:

I wake up and stretch, in a bed filled with Disney fibers.

Get up, my feet touch a carpeted floor, made of Disney fibers.

Open the curtains, made of spun Disney fibers.

Put on some clothes, made of Disney fibers.

The water (filled with Disney at the source) in my tap travels through kilometers of Disney piping and tubing. I brush my teeth with Disney fibers on a Disney handle.

Make some coffee / tea in a Disney kettle, mix in some honey from a Disney container.

Pour my breakfast oats out of a Disney bag.

Throw my lunch in a Disney container, into my backpack made of Disney, head out the door. Keycard is Disney, I've lost a couple.

Hop into my truck, cab decked out in Disney, turn on the cabin heater full blast.

Head off to work.

Grind a few dozen lbs of Disney magic into the air and watch it blow away on the breeze, smiling at a job well done.

Get "home", cook some dinner out of Disney packaging.

Chill out on my couch made of Disney.

Repeat the first few steps in reverse, settling down into my semi-Disney bed for a peaceful 8 hours of slumber.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! Another beautiful day on this glorious planned neighbourhood we call home, I'm sure. Glad I focus on living a clean healthy life!

#blessed.

:suicide:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lmao

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Disney recycling is a scam

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Hubbert posted:

That's basically what I'm thinking. There's also a neighbor who never picks their plums and those are getting close to ripening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

it's collapsing faster than expected