Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/stargirl_cw/status/1546524848008171520?t=gY6FVi0GqA-pQBKM1Z9SJw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I really need to finish season 2

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I can't wait

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Very excited for Jeff Winger: Superhero.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So, regarding the Ms Marvel finale, and specifically the mid-credits tease...

Carol and Kamala swapping places like that is a reference to how Rick Jones and Mar-Vell would tag in/out when using the the Nega Bands, right? Might that imply that Carol was in the Negative Zone at the time of the swap?

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 13, 2022

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Loved the finale, best Disney + show so far, best character debut since the first Guardians!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

Carol and Kamala swapping places like that is a reference to how Rick Jones and Mar-Vell would tag in/out when using the the Nega Bands, right? Might that imply that Carol was in the Negative Zone at the time of the swap?

literally just posted that same question in the TVIV thread. That's what it looks like to me.

This was a great finale. I think we needed one more episode to give us some breathing room and I'd still like for these shows to have some stand alone monster of the week type episodes where we just see our heroes doing normal stuff without worrying about progressing the plot. I also like to laugh at nerds who will rage out at episodes not advancing the plot. This is easily at the top of my D+ list alongside Loki. Might end up sitting in my #1 spot after I do a rewatch.

What's the MCU upcoming schedule?

She-Hulk is August, do we have Wakanda this year? Loki season 2?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Loki was apparently shooting in London a few weeks ago, so that's probably next year at the earliest. Wakanda Forever is supposed to be this year though.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Soonmot posted:

What's the MCU upcoming schedule?

She-Hulk is August, do we have Wakanda this year? Loki season 2?

I think She-Hulk, Werewolf by Night (or whatever the Halloween special will be called) in October and Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special. I don't think there's any mainline marvel shows announced for post-She-Hulk yet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Also Kamala is a mutant. That animated music sting!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
kinda love that ms marvel just has her whole family know that she's a hero, Saladin retconning it so that even her mom didn't know anymore was loving stupid.

zoe just like, being there is really weird. they should've left that plotline for next season

also the embiggening looks really goofy when her head doesn't grow lol

lol at the "good" cops

a MUTATION

so it is a nega band

that was a really good show, tbh I'd like a second season of it do i hope it's not just movies from here on out

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

kinda love that ms marvel just has her whole family know that she's a hero, Saladin retconning it so that even her mom didn't know anymore was loving stupid.

zoe just like, being there is really weird. they should've left that plotline for next season

also the embiggening looks really goofy when her head doesn't grow lol

lol at the "good" cops

a MUTATION

so it is a nega band

that was a really good show, tbh I'd like a second season of it do i hope it's not just movies from here on out

yes, I was shouting "manifest a loving helmet!" at the screen. But at least we embiggened

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
ngl I do kind of like night light as a hero name tho

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bruceski posted:

Nope, surnames break the usual pluralization rules (if anything in English could be called "usual". The plural of Jones is Joneses, the Sheep family would be the Sheeps, et cetera.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Also Kamala is a mutant. That animated music sting!

Going full circle from making her an inhuman because of the Fox issues to making her a mutant, and even the first one on-screen in Faux 616, is hilarious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That last episode was so loving good.

When does the Marvel's come out?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

End of July, 2023

Weve got a while before we get more Ms Marvel

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/ms-marvel-kamala-khan-genetics-interview

Bless, Iman lost her poo poo when she found out about the reveal at the end. Guess she never cared much for the Inhumans either.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
So that's something I hadn't considered before. (re: Ms Marvel spoilers)

I figured that talk of an Incursion would mean another universe with mutants would merge with the MCU, so we'd get some traditional background on the early X-Men and get to see the prejudices against mutants by following that universe before it merges. I always figured that implementing mutants as a recent thing starting out in the MCU would deny some of the very important history and connections that I feel are inherent to the concept and to the X-Men. I mean, you could do it, but I felt it wasn't a good idea.

It never occurred to me that you could maybe do both. Mutants start popping up in the MCU. Meanwhile, there's a universe out there that's been dealing with mutants for a longer period of time. Maybe it's even a bit "behind," compared the MCU. Like, the MCU is currently in 2025 or something, so maybe this other universe is in their version of 1978 or something. So then you can have characters like Magneto and Professor X who aren't in their 90's, and you deal with the more traditional expectations of mutant prejudices and the early origins of things like the X-Men and Brotherhood, and then you get to combine that with the MCU dealing with their own mutants like Kamala and... whoever else they want to introduce that way.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/ms-marvel-kamala-khan-genetics-interview

Bless, Iman lost her poo poo when she found out about the reveal at the end. Guess she never cared much for the Inhumans either.

I think Iman might be the coolest person ever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it's good that the face of the next gen of marvel is someone who even superficially actually likes the source material

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Even before this i wanted kamala and Parker to hang out, now even more.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

twistedmentat posted:

Phase 5 should entirely be friendly neighbourhood buddies hanging out helping the community.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Peter and Bruno, for me.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Sentinel Red posted:

Phase 5 should entirely be friendly neighbourhood buddies hanging out helping the community.

Throw Kate Bishop in.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Iman Vellani is the absolute perfect Ms.Marvel. I couldn't picture anybody else who so embodies that character.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I love how in the last episode they used makeup to make her look more like her mom than she had previously. Nice to get the family connections as they strengthen.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jamesman posted:

Peter and Bruno, for me.

Kamala owes it to her friend to introduce him once she gets the chance. They're soulmates

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

live with fruit posted:

Throw Kate Bishop in.

no jocks allowed!!!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

OnimaruXLR posted:

So a few weeks ago, the Disney Wish, the new cruise ship, debuted a Marvel dinner show. Mostly shown on screens, we see Ant-Man and Wasp showing off Pym tech, Sam Cap and Ms. Marvel are there, Ultron shows up, action happens, Captain Marvel makes a cameo, Ant-Man defeats Ultron, enjoy your dessert.

What's really sly is that it goes out of its way to not include both Marvels at the same time. Carol just randomly shows up to waste some Ultron drones, excuses herself, and Kamala suddenly runs into the shot like, "Oh my God, did I miss Captain Marvel?!"

Well played.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought that was a perfectly fine D+ show. Cute. The kind of thing to give me some good superheroing between blockbusters.

MUTATION????

Fun stuff.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Saw the spoilers here and managed not to click on them so I was hoping Black Bolt would show up, but that's still a pretty interesting status quo.
Carol technically got her powers from the space stone I wonder if that will be the explanation

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Whoa huh. How did that happen. Anyway I thought Miss Marvel was great. Curious to know if Kamran is also a mutant.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 15, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think his story is done, so probably not.

His mother was a djinn, while it was only Kamala's great grandmother.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I was just sitting on my couch enjoying this episode but not quiet loving it. And then Kamala learned what her name meant and my grown rear end started tearing up like a baby.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I really liked seeing how everyone came together and had Kamala's back, even Zoe. I liked how it turned out she knew it was Kamala the whole time and didn't say anything to anyone, and how they used her Instagram clout to rally people to the school.

Ms Marvel was basically a really great Spider-Man show, and I hope we get to see more stuff like it in the future, including Spider-Man.

One thing that really confused me was Damage Control. I thought it was made clear in Homecoming that they were meant to be a clean-up crew that handled superhero-related disaster. Did I totally misunderstand that or is it just meant to be implied that over the years they morphed into an FBI/SHIELD hybrid?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jamesman posted:

I really liked seeing how everyone came together and had Kamala's back, even Zoe. I liked how it turned out she knew it was Kamala the whole time and didn't say anything to anyone, and how they used her Instagram clout to rally people to the school.

Ms Marvel was basically a really great Spider-Man show, and I hope we get to see more stuff like it in the future, including Spider-Man.

One thing that really confused me was Damage Control. I thought it was made clear in Homecoming that they were meant to be a clean-up crew that handled superhero-related disaster. Did I totally misunderstand that or is it just meant to be implied that over the years they morphed into an FBI/SHIELD hybrid?

I'm guessing the second because in the comics they were just a super hero clean-up crew.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Maybe we'll find out that Hayward from WandaVision went there in disgrace after the Vision failure in Westview and immediately started trying to position them as the face of superhero neutralization.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It was super weird how the damage control lady just disobeys orders and throws her career away for no reason. It's not like she had some big personal vendetta, and even if it had all gone well she brings in two mid-level supers, big whoop. I get there's some real world metaphor mixed in there but it was a little half baked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
She's probably just really really racist.