Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

No I got gifted Echo Powers before I even got to control my guy

you and a bunch of other people. case dismissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ME2 is peak wrpg for me. Witcher 3 might be more expansive, better written, and more affecting, but ME2 never drags, and that's a really important thing in a giant rear end RPG.

I accidentally abandoned my first and only playthrough 1 hour into 3 when the remasters came out. Now it's been too long and I don't remember any story stuff but the Vanguard charge/nova moves seemed extremely fun.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

you and a bunch of other people. case dismissed.

Idk what you’re referring to (minfilla is the only non-pc who is shown to have chosen one benefits, as of 2.0) but I stand by my earlier statement,
spoilers:
theres a part in the last fight where it seems like your crystal mom can no longer protect you, it would seem like a good opportunity for the storywriters to say “yes but you actually got this far because your guy is just super good at stuff” but instead, no, crystal mom still has your back

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Idk what you’re referring to (minfilla is the only non-pc who is shown to have chosen one benefits, as of 2.0) but I stand by my earlier statement,
spoilers:
theres a part in the last fight where it seems like your crystal mom can no longer protect you, it would seem like a good opportunity for the storywriters to say “yes but you actually got this far because your guy is just super good at stuff” but instead, no, crystal mom still has your back

there's a ton of people with the echo, though you're not wrong that not many of them are characters especially early on

spoilers for 2.5:

that literally happens again in 2.5 lol and you spend a very long time without hydaelyn

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Geese is Leese

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Poor Geese never had a father figure like Bill Lishman to teach him how to fly

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Are geese anime

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

is my avatar anime

Yes. So is mine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Do anime dream of cartoon sheep?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Do anime dream of cartoon sheep?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Emina.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Here's my XIV report:

I'm a ninja, I'm bad at it, but some of these dungeon gimmicks are more fun than I remember them being. I suppose it helps not having a barely functioning toaster that could barely run the game when ARR released. It's been a nice return to the game. We'll see if I stick with it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

this is why metis gets to decide whatever i say or do, because she has the best anime avatar

This is an outrage

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

haveblue posted:

just finished The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

Pretty good as a follow-up to Until Dawn, but spends too much time on setup and too little time on the main event. I got 2 people killed, one of which was wholly unnecessary as I should have known better at the time, and then got locked into a bad ending where everyone died after the credits anyway

I learned later it was based on a real urban legend which was neat

Might pick up the other installments later (this one was free)

If you do this I highly, highly recommend that you skip Little Hope. House of Ashes is p. great though.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I actually really liked Little Hope except for the ending. I thought Man of Medan was definitely the worst.

I think the 'co op' ends up just cutting scenes weirdly for singleplayer runs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOGJGv6OoXA

Bayonetta 3 is real and coming out October 28

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Waffleman_ posted:

Bayo and Jeanne had a baby that's why the game took so long to come out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also between Kirby Dream Buffet and this I wonder if there might be a couple more trailers in the pipeline, since those two seem like things that would be in a Direct.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Waffleman_ posted:

video games are back!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Also between Kirby Dream Buffet and this I wonder if there might be a couple more trailers in the pipeline, since those two seem like things that would be in a Direct.

Someone mentioned that SaGa Frontier 2 Remastered leaked early on PlayAsia, so maybe they’re gonna announce that too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Bayo and Jeanne had a baby that's why the game took so long to come out.

Babynetta

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t think I like Bayos new voice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Every cosplayer in the world just added this character to their planned cosplays

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

saga frontier 2? how many saga games have I not heard of

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

hatty posted:

I don’t think I like Bayos new voice

It'd be weird at this point if the OG Bayo design and voice doesn't show up in some form considering the trailer outright confirms everyone's theories about this game doing a plot concerning a multiverse and that witch on top of train is another Bayonetta.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What the hell this is controller 4 in two years and the triggers are failing. Why are dualshocks so lovely

I went through one 360 controller in a decade

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I shuddered when I watched a dualsense teardown and saw that Sony was still using the same lovely springs they’ve been using since the PS3. Hate those springs

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

RBA Starblade posted:

What the hell this is controller 4 in two years and the triggers are failing. Why are dualshocks so lovely

i don't have much of a point of comparison with other manufacturers (i've only been using an xbox controller for 6 months), but yeah basically all my dualshock/senses have some kind of fault by year one or two.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've never had a controller break before the two or three defective DualSenses I've had

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My first replacement DS4 was a sick camo Call of Duty special edition because it was the cheapest one the store had. After that broke I got a nice blue one

My Dual Sense is still OK after more than a year

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've had my DS4 for like 5 years and it's still kicking.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

heh

grieving for Gandalf posted:

saga frontier 2? how many saga games have I not heard of

Depends. How many have you heard of?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SaGa Frontier 2 is great, I love the watercolor aesthetic and it has a pretty interesting setting

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think returnal is the only game I've played since the astrobot thing that tries to do lots of stuff with the dualsense

lots of fancy rumble and it has a thing where you aim with L2 held down halfway for regular fire and you hold it down all the way for your alt fire

it feels natural after a while but kinda funny that there's nothing mapped to R1 so they could've just had that as alt fire instead

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Is Viola going to get motivated?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBA Starblade posted:

Sounds like you ordered the DualSUCK instead!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Cybershell/status/1546999410931822597?t=s9WXqCAoJquMOx5ic8-QAA&s=19

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bayonetta has a no nudity option lmao

https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can't believe I agree with Sonic Team on something