Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Wibla posted:

If you had used those insane numbers to clobber the 1DQ constellation the first weekend, the war would have gone very very differently.

I 100% agree. Also the "war of extermination" stuff. I said the moment that happened "we've lost".

Stereotype posted:

A lot of unsung linemember goons also worked really hard. It was a really good war though, it was a lot of fun.

It was until M2 when our leadership disappeared (in Test). I can only imagine the amount of hard work the unsung members did. They should be proud!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Still sad that there was no serious attempt on the querns hardpoint.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Evilweasel is a terrible poster and a worse mod and you should absolutely not trust him to do anything correctly at all.

E: In d&d he was regularly on the side of "stop talking about sexual harassment/abuse scandals that are inconvenient for politicians I support" so he in no way is qualified to handle this poo poo.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 13, 2022

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Evilweasel is a terrible poster and a worse mod and you should absolutely not trust him to do anything correctly at all.

E: In d&d he was regularly on the side of "stop talking about sexual harassment/abuse scandals that are inconvenient for politicians I support" so he in no way is qualified to handle this poo poo.

Uh, has Evilweasel even been a mod in the last decade? Beyond that, I don't think I've even seen him speak out about the topic directly. Like, I can't say anything about how qualified he is to handle this poo poo, but it isn't because he has a history of refusing to talk about sexual harassment/abuse scandals while in a position of power.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 13, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Confirming that Remedial's new name is in fact somehow even sillier than his old name just lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This isn't a comment on the current set of posters but it's extremely telling that it's "he" would make a bad and "he" shouldn't be involved and the like. Same as all the goon nominations for CSM, what, not a single woman? Not a single one? Because right now it seems like the most visible women in the entire imperium is Mrs Brisc.

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

Wibla posted:

If you had used those insane numbers to clobber the 1DQ constellation the first weekend, the war would have gone very very differently.

If Delta hadn't headshot the Drake hacking the 3-D IHUB on a fully PAPI-controlled grid on May 6, 2021, the war might have ended very, very differently. That critical month of May would certainly have unfolded differently. That time was almost down to zero and bubbles were landing all around Sax fleet when the Drake popped. PAPI never tried again. They switched to feeding Azbels after that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/v1xtll/delta_sqad_saves_the_3dmqt_ihub_in_the_final_days

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

learnincurve posted:

This isn't a comment on the current set of posters but it's extremely telling that it's "he" would make a bad and "he" shouldn't be involved and the like. Same as all the goon nominations for CSM, what, not a single woman? Not a single one? Because right now it seems like the most visible women in the entire imperium is Mrs Brisc.

There's at least one woman at the top of the org, but just from what I remember from that particular person's personality (a take six years old at this point) I doubt she'd ever want to go to the CSM. Really, there's almost no will at the top of the org for ANYONE to go to the CSM. I was never interested in it myself, either, FWIW. CSM candidacy has almost always been about who was willing to go, rather than people being specifically excluded due to $FACTOR_ONE or $FACTOR_TWO.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

learnincurve posted:

There's also Dawn Rhea who hosts Theta Thursdays on INN and runs the locust sig, and Issabella who drops in or Merk's show on the reg

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
There’s like 15 people who publicly identify as women in the imperium out of thousands of members and after seeing how the directorate talks about women privately I am honestly shocked there are even that many.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

There's also Dawn Rhea who hosts Theta Thursdays on INN and runs the locust sig, and Issabella who drops in or Merk's show on the reg

Oh god. Naw.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I mean, that's like two I could think of. And that's it

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yep digi came into the eve thread and started explaining why his actions were “good” and the mods swatted him through a wall.

I don't appreciate you downplaying how hard I baited him as ~the enemy~, so so he could peacock around just long enough for the mods to notice and get nuked from orbit.

Getting Digi banned, even if it was just from here (which may/may not have been the catalyst for him leaving goons :iiam:) was a top 10 posting moment.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Stereotype posted:

There’s like 15 people who publicly identify as women in the imperium out of thousands of members and after seeing how the directorate talks about women privately I am honestly shocked there are even that many.

I would honestly be surprised if out of 30k there were not at least 1500 women. Not just doing industry but on the big fleet stuff where you don't have to speak on coms by default. One thing goons does have a problem with, and it's not going to just be a goon thing, is "women who leave goons after having kids" It's a play style thing where you can't dedicate huge blocks of time to the game so end up in empire where you can dock up and log off because little Johnny woke up and is demanding juice vs the loss of the ship you don't have time to replace.

e: I think I've met 5? women in empire with karmafleet in history now

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

learnincurve posted:

I would honestly be surprised if out of 30k there were not at least 1500 women. Not just doing industry but on the big fleet stuff where you don't have to speak on coms by default. One thing goons does have a problem with, and it's not going to just be a goon thing, is "women who leave goons after having kids" It's a play style thing where you can't dedicate huge blocks of time to the game so end up in empire where you can dock up and log off because little Johnny woke up and is demanding juice vs the loss of the ship you don't have time to replace.

e: I think I've met 5? women in empire with karmafleet in history now

Not being able to play because you have obligations away from the computer is definitely an eve thing rather than a goon thing - I've got a kid and I'd be hesitant to play even in empire with the minimal amount of time I can devote at a shot

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Not that this stops a lot of folks

the sounds of johnny rah's kids hollering at him rings through mumble

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary

Frank Frank posted:

Hi Elusif. I’m fine. Someone else here has your avatar and I thought they were you a while back. How have you been?

I am fine, thank you. The other person with this avatar is Chewbecca who is the original owner of the avatar. Vio Geraci was bored and affixed random BYOB avatars to people in the way before times.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Mittani Should Step Down

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Mittani Should Step Down

Narrator: he would not.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
gently caress brave

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Not empty quotin

ricepowah
May 3, 2008

quote:

I dont think its right in our crusade to better our org, its processes, and ourselves that we annihilate each other in doing so. This is a thread about harassment and suggestions for improvement that has pages upon pages of people just teeing off on each other. You dont agree with me? gently caress you. You dont have the same take as me? Go gently caress yourself. You dont express your opinion in a way I agree with? gently caress off because we are trying to solve harassment here you loving rear end in a top hat.

There is some great input mixed in there but it must give people pause to read through this all and wonder if we really even have a chance with this being the bedrock we are building on.

Goonfleet dot come - Harassment Policy Q&A Thread
Questions:
Answers: gently caress you... and my bedrock

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
oh right at one of the icemeets we went to Essen Haus and DBRB and some other goon got the bright idea to race beer boots

DBRB smashed his boot down so hard it broke, and the other goon 'burped' up his beer in the bathroom after he was done

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
It turns out that this is load bearing misogyny and we just can’t do anything guys.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Rhymenoserous posted:

It turns out that this is load bearing misogyny and we just can’t do anything guys.

unironically

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Rhymenoserous posted:

We've hit peak goodpost. It's all downhill from here.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

There's at least one woman at the top of the org, but just from what I remember from that particular person's personality (a take six years old at this point) I doubt she'd ever want to go to the CSM. Really, there's almost no will at the top of the org for ANYONE to go to the CSM. I was never interested in it myself, either, FWIW. CSM candidacy has almost always been about who was willing to go, rather than people being specifically excluded due to $FACTOR_ONE or $FACTOR_TWO.

We would send Mirana in a heartbeat if she showed the slightest interest.

If we tried to do this, she would murder us all.

Smart and formidable.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

andromache posted:

We would send Mirana in a heartbeat if she showed the slightest interest.

If we tried to do this, she would murder us all.

Smart and formidable.

I think there are somewhere between 3-5 women in illum right now? I’m probably the worst person to ask as I don’t hop on comms a bunch and gender/sexuality isn’t like a thing I care about.

Are you competent at your job and do you waste my time with idiocy are my languages of love.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
For those following the GSF thread, I posted a post: https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/328321-harassment-policy-qa-thread/?p=9176926.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Everyone should unsubscribe and log off.

Not just Goons, mind.

This is the best opportunity we have to collectively kill the game. Let’s seize the Wednesday, my dudes.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

dialhforhero posted:

Everyone should unsubscribe and log off.

Not just Goons, mind.

This is the best opportunity we have to collectively kill the game. Let’s seize the Wednesday, my dudes.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

quote:

quote:

Is this policy, when ready and published, also going to be accompanied by the patently required sweeping changes to at the leadership and director level that allowed these patterns of behaviour to fester?
I raised a very similar concern in illum yesterday although a little more pointedly than you have here. The overwhelming response was this policy will apply to everyone regardless of rank/responsibility/"value". I would expect, and plan to hold leadership accountable, that this will result in the "required sweeping changes".

:allears:

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

dialhforhero posted:

If we manage to kill the game through misogyny when CCP have been trying to kill it for the better part of a decade through blatant idiocy I'll be quite happy with the way its ended.

Elusif II posted:

I am fine, thank you. The other person with this avatar is Chewbecca who is the original owner of the avatar. Vio Geraci was bored and affixed random BYOB avatars to people in the way before times.

Hi Elusif tis I The Slayer how are you on this fine day?

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary

sheepdemon posted:

Hi Elusif tis I The Slayer how are you on this fine day?

I am sitting here, wanting to play a video game, but not actually playing a video game. I have been doing this for the last month or so. I believe this is what getting "old" is.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm in this post, and I don't like it (I'm the first quote)

TigCobra
Oct 29, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Elusif II posted:

I am sitting here, wanting to play a video game, but not actually playing a video game. I have been doing this for the last month or so. I believe this is what getting "old" is.

I have been doing the same.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the gf.com thread rules cause its goonfleet people going what the gently caress this is awful and the other corps all sucking mittani's dick and saying what a good apology you directors are doing great so lol if you think anything is going to happen except goonfleet finally losing favored son status

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Elusif II posted:

You ever just stare slack jawed at the hundreds of games you own for ten minutes before opening another browser tab to your media site of choice and doing the same thing before repeating the loop?

That's called depression.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Jez, that's a wild read catching up.

P.S. Digi is dick splash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rhymenoserous posted:

Holy poo poo.