Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

DaiTengu posted:

Jesus christ, this loving thread.

Oh poo poo Daitengu, how you doing dude?

Also :

Mayhaps we're getting an update from the man, the myth himself in the GS thread?

sheepdemon fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Sickening posted:

Someone also send me a delta discord invite please

we can consider all previous posting enemies forgotten as we come together in this crisis of goondom

Same here, can someone send me a delta invite? I dunno if there's a good MMO anymore but gently caress EVE

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

Good Dumplings posted:

Same here, can someone send me a delta invite? I dunno if there's a good MMO anymore but gently caress EVE

Yeh gently caress it same, I have never revealed the delta sqad etc

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost
so, FNLN got :commissar:'d? I'm not sure that was the best of ideas, Mittani. I hear he always gets his.

I'm kind of shocked that it took this long for that series of FB posts to get some traction. I'm pretty sure they're from at least 5 years ago, probably more.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Holy poo poo it’s DaiTengu.

oh hai.

sheepdemon posted:

Oh poo poo Daitengu, how you doing dude?

working, playing radio and fishing. Living the dream, I guess?

DaiTengu fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 13, 2022

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If not for like, all the context surrounding this and the whole wounded bird spiel, I'd be willing to give the Mitanni et al a bit more of a pass here since I've had to do Internet HR duties for a much, much smaller group, and dealing with this kind of poo poo is draining and sucks.

But yeah, There should be something more tangible as a result of this other than "we're working on a process"

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Deki posted:

If not for like, all the context surrounding this and the whole wounded bird spiel, I'd be willing to give the Mitanni et al a bit more of a pass here since I've had to do Internet HR duties for a much, much smaller group, and dealing with this kind of poo poo is draining and sucks.

But yeah, There should be something more tangible as a result of this other than "we're working on a process"

You need to read more of the thread. You can’t have a sex pest policing sex pests.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i simply wouldn't helicopter my genitals around at the Blade (1998) Blood Rave, given the opportunity

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

DaiTengu posted:

Jesus christ, this loving thread.

Holy poo poo welcome back buddy lol

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Nap Ghost

Deki posted:

It looks like Mittani is using the same playbook he had back when I finally won Eve a nearly decade ago.

1. gently caress up.
2. Try to ignore the gently caress up
3. Try to :commissar: everyone involved in the gently caress up.
4. Offer a "heartfelt public apology" to all involved, that's only aimed at appeasing the angry mob.
5. learn nothing other than "keep gently caress-ups quieter"
5. rinse, repeat.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

love 2 come to a thread and find myself gettin quoted from somewhere else :)

Bad behavior needs consequences or it repeats, period

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

dialhforhero posted:

Everyone should unsubscribe and log off.

Not just Goons, mind.

This is the best opportunity we have to collectively kill the game. Let’s seize the Wednesday, my dudes.

Drop corp if in Goonfleet, unsubscribe, and log off.

Don't bother evaccing your poo poo (beyond sending it to asset safety). Just log off.

E: Also I'll take a Delta Sqad Discord invite if y'all will have me. I make no promises regarding the quality of my posting.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 13, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Hi Hesh

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
“But you guys got to understand, if we don’t leave the sex pest in charge the pubbies win” some director ironically screams from his soapbox to a sea of karmafleet anime avatars as the last goon slips out the back door.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jenrai posted:

A friend invited me to FFXIV goons years back and I told him I had no desire to game with goons. It wasn't until he informed me that the very first paragraph in the FF rules explicitly stated "this is not goonswarm" that I joined.

Mostly good chaps, the FF goons.

By and large, I've found goon guilds to be agreeable places. It's just Goonswarm seems to be canned diarrhea from a previous era when bigoted poo poo was "acceptable" on the internet. Outside of that context, I feel a lot more confident that whatever goon group I join in a particular game won't have someone talking about "The Great Replacement" or making rape jokes.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Hey buddy :)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Warmachine posted:

By and large, I've found goon guilds to be agreeable places. It's just Goonswarm seems to be canned diarrhea from a previous era when bigoted poo poo was "acceptable" on the internet. Outside of that context, I feel a lot more confident that whatever goon group I join in a particular game won't have someone talking about "The Great Replacement" or making rape jokes.

I always cracked down on that poo poo so fast that the person doing it went from going “haha 1488” to “oh poo poo” so fast that they got tonal whiplash.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Hesh Ballantine posted:

This.

Also hi thread, please workout.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Warmachine posted:

Yeah honestly you get Gamers(TM) in some groups but as a rule folks really seem to stomp down on any culture that might even be remotely associated with goonswarm, plus because those groups are primarily goons (as opposed to the gaggle of pubbies that form most of the Imperium) they tend to follow the SA culture a lot closer, so there's a lot less tolerance for years-past GBS stuff

Also: I'm very down for a delta discord invite if those are going around

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Rhymenoserous posted:

I always cracked down on that poo poo so fast that the person doing it went from going “haha 1488” to “oh poo poo” so fast that they got tonal whiplash.

https://twitter.com/iamragesparkle/status/1280891537451343873

(Read replies for the full thread. Or the below.)

https://twitter.com/kariebookish/status/1430473563308441601?lang=en

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Frabba posted:

This.

you first fatba

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Nap Ghost

ChickenWing posted:

Also: I'm very down for a delta discord invite if those are going around

I got booted out of the delta discord because I didn't log in enough.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DaiTengu posted:

It looks like Mittani is using the same playbook he had back when I finally won Eve a nearly decade ago.

1. gently caress up.
2. Try to ignore the gently caress up
3. Try to :commissar: everyone involved in the gently caress up.
4. Offer a "heartfelt public apology" to all involved, that's only aimed at appeasing the angry mob.
5. learn nothing other than "keep gently caress-ups quieter"
5. rinse, repeat.

1. Extremism happens
2. Pretend it didn't happen, because this is an N+1 pilot count game and extremists are sensitive about their :airquote: right :airquote: to abuse others
3. :commissar: everyone, except for the extremist because that would make all the extremists upset
4. Offer nothing. Nada. To address extremism would upset the extremists and reduce pilot count.
5. Learn that it is better to burden the people who already have to deal with extremist bullshit in their daily lives rather than punish and correct the behavior of oversensitive extremist chuds who have never been meaningfully told "No" in their entire lives.
6. Continue the cycle of creating this safe space for snowflake chuds at the cost of everyone else.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Frabba posted:

This.

hey bud

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
The worst part is this actually makes me miss Eve, for the social nature of it and hanging out with goons.

Could I get a Delta link? I am terrible at Discord, because I can't have it on my phone (too distracting) and only see it an hour or two tops a day. I still read SA every day but mostly not games areas, and the culture of the Goon Outdoors and Book barn are pretty divergent.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Warmachine posted:

How quickly we forget the Archeage debacle

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

that's how a lot of people roughly "our age" (demographically as Eve online players) handle discord, I'm sure you're fine :)

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

mightygerm posted:

the one good thing about the archage mess was it got bfm permabanned

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

eve echoes is dead/dying but goosefleet doesn't have a creep in charge. come join us!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ded posted:

the one good thing about the archage mess was it got bfm permabanned

other way around, me getting him banned is what set off the rest of the implosion

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lol the thread title

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

k-spar posted:

eve echoes is dead/dying but goosefleet doesn't have a creep in charge. come join us!

the main blessing of having no one in charge

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

mightygerm posted:

Speak for your drat self I will never forget evegoons in archeage, that poo poo was some peak "do you know how space important I am????" comedy

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i sent some invites

post with honour

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nobody hated goons back in the day. The Redswarm and Suas stuff was revolutionary, and any gaming words were never going to register when eve players and 4chan was a perfect circle. What changed was the Mittani and his slow evolution into this Peter Pan figure surrounded by his lost boys.

Also empire hates goons because of the ongoing 2008 griefing bullshit, although uedama is it's own thing and just piracy, I'm talking about the sponsored motherfuckers who join goons so they can come into newbie areas and grief while hiding behind the goonswarm name - Which makes mittens doing the "we don't want to run the whole of eve" line just another heaping of bullshit to people who have no opinions on any other 0.0 group (apart from brave, I get asked by people if they should join brave all the time and the answer is always yes) and just want to spend the few hours a week they get to play mining themselves into a cool ship. Meanwhile Brisc is there yammering on about new player retention. Empire isn't full of "pubbies" it's full of 40 year old vets who don't have the time for 0.0 and newbies who will naturally move out to experience the better part of the game.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

Speak for your drat self I will never forget evegoons in archeage, that poo poo was some peak "do you know how space important I am????" comedy

I must have missed this and that makes me eternally sad.

learnincurve posted:

Which makes mittens doing the "we don't want to run the whole of eve" line just another heaping of bullshit

That was Darius, but point still stands I guess.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mightygerm posted:

To remember it I would have needed to be the least bit interested in Archeage at the time. Or ever.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ChickenWing posted:

that was Boat right?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

sheepdemon posted:

I must have missed this and that makes me eternally sad.

That was Darius, but point still stands I guess.

oh no he says it too, repeatedly on the meta show when he's talking about the blue doughnut. See goonswarm could take over the whole game but arn't like the blue doughnut at all, I type as I remember to check on our corp's SRP stash of retrievers and ventures for newbies killed by techno, one of the fuckers using the amber heard line on gf.com.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

There's a number of goon discords for various games or hobbies that I'm a member of that are full of genuinely great people. The combination of shared history but also maturity (read: we are all old people now) make them nice places to be, good moderation too. I guess the larger the community gets the greater risk there is of it getting poisoned. All my hobbies like simracing etc are fairly niche.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
PWO

also, mittani must resign