Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Immortality Idle: Something I haven't seen mentioned yet (possibly from the newest version?): getting Spirituality over 100K immediately gives you a massive life boost - it's been about 138 years, which makes it fairly easy to start breaking past 300 years when combined with alchemy and good food. It took me about 300 years exactly to get a level 16 monster gem, and that was by combining my way up from every level 12/13 gem drop I got, and one-shotting monsters from the very beginning with an inherited weapon.

Going through all three Ascension options unlocked Followers, so I'm going to see what that's about. I managed to unlock Mana, but I haven't yet managed to cultivate enough mana to do anything notable with it.

Also, some useful thresholds from the achievements I've gotten so far (spoilered in case anyone wants to work those out for themselves):

Book of speed/superspeed/hyperspeed: Live 10 years/live 100 years/live 88 lives
Automatically use items: Use 888 items
Autosell items: Fill entire inventory
Uncap item limit once/twice/thrice: Throw away 10K/100K items (let your inventory fill up and excess will be thrown away). Third tier requires having a lot of materials, don't know exact amount.
Automatically drink potions/use pills: Drink 88 potions/eat 88 pills
Automatically Look for Trouble: kill 131 monsters
Automatically merge weapons/Auto-equip strongest weapon: Wield a metal and wood weapon, each with over 131/8888 power (note that Auto-equip does not auto-merge weapons so you'll still have to drag them down to your inventory to merge, it really just saves you one click) As of the latest version it works how you'd expect and automerges with your current equipment.
Automatically merge armor/Auto-equip strongest armor: Wear four armor pieces, each with over 131/8888 durability(note that Auto-equip does not auto-merge weapons so you'll still have to drag them down to your inventory to merge, it really just saves you one click) As of the latest version it works how you'd expect and automerges with your current equipment.
Automatically buy land and turn it into fields: Have 888 fields

Inadequately fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

How do you merge weapons manually?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Xand_Man posted:

How do you merge weapons manually?

Drag them onto each other. There's a popup and everything.

I did an embarrassing amount of runs before I figured this out.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Immortality Idle checks a lot of boxes for me but I wish I had the restraint to not start playing until the dev had a month to respond to feedback

I've been peeved that you can't see the actual # of current/max stamina without opening the web inspector, but it turns out that's just because I'm playing in Firefox. In Chrome it shows the current value in the middle of the bar, probably due to different native handling of the <progress> element.

I don't know why the inventory panel looks as janky as it does though, seems like that's a cross-browser thing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sivart13 posted:

Immortality Idle checks a lot of boxes for me but I wish I had the restraint to not start playing until the dev had a month to respond to feedback

I've been peeved that you can't see the actual # of current/max stamina without opening the web inspector, but it turns out that's just because I'm playing in Firefox. In Chrome it shows the current value in the middle of the bar, probably due to different native handling of the <progress> element.

I don't know why the inventory panel looks as janky as it does though, seems like that's a cross-browser thing.

Wait there is a place to see stam? Well gently caress that makes things easier. I switched firefox to my idle game browser years ago because chrome was loving with them and just default to it. I know both do now and you gotta play with settings. I think I want the settings normal for most sites though so using my off browser for idle fits fine.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Anyone tried to import immortality save from desktop chrome on mobile? It just doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

Cultivation Idle:
Third: Is there any reason to get Establish Bloodline past level 1?

Bloodline 2 will add letting you keep your armor on reincarnation.

Bloodline 3 will add letting you keep some of your cash (I think its around 25%) on reincarnation.

Bloodline 4 says you will keep your cash plus interest on reincarnation. I haven't hit bloodline 4 yet so I don't know if that means every reincarnation you actually gain money but that's what it sounds like.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I started playing Immortality Idle and I love it. I was already into cultivation novels, and the idle genre seems perfect for that sort of story. But I'm going to hold off and play it in a bit when there's more content. Once I started doing the ascensions I started to suspect that there wasn't anything really to build up towards yet, and that squashed any interest to play.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
There is one more feature to unlock after followers from Ascending enough times but I don't think it has been fleshed out yet.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It's an interesting start and premise but yeah, there's very little meat after ascensions right now. Still a good one to wait and see what comes of it.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Jester Mcgee posted:

I started playing Immortality Idle and I love it. I was already into cultivation novels, and the idle genre seems perfect for that sort of story. But I'm going to hold off and play it in a bit when there's more content. Once I started doing the ascensions I started to suspect that there wasn't anything really to build up towards yet, and that squashed any interest to play.

Dunno about the PC, but there's no shortage of cultivation-based idle games on the app store (both Android and iOS). I'm not really a fan of the genre so I haven't tried most of them, but one I did try for a bit was WuXia World, recommended earlier in this thread a while back. Seemed pretty well fleshed out from what I recall but I didn't get that far into it myself.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Inadequately posted:

Dunno about the PC, but there's no shortage of cultivation-based idle games on the app store (both Android and iOS). I'm not really a fan of the genre so I haven't tried most of them, but one I did try for a bit was WuXia World, recommended earlier in this thread a while back. Seemed pretty well fleshed out from what I recall but I didn't get that far into it myself.

If you do play Wuxia world, be sure to look up whatever guides you can. There are several things that make a huge difference you'd never figure out on your own, and the translation was pretty bad when I played it a while ago. I hit a wall where the next minor upgrades went from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks of daily active play and dropped then, but maybe that's been smoothed over or I was missing something.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Goddammit, merging "similar" weapons does not require the exact same name and quality, but the same material. I'm dumb. (Fake Edit: Immortality Idle)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Fat Samurai posted:

Goddammit, merging "similar" weapons does not require the exact same name and quality, but the same material. I'm dumb. (Fake Edit: Immortality Idle)

Yeah. Armour is by type but also less important. Luckily it's pretty painless to get the automerge and autobest equip books so you never have to do it by hand again.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
In Immortalityidle, if I'm doing Alchemy and also gathering herbs, is there any point in hanging on to herbs that aren't the highest tier I've gathered?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Nope, go ahead and sell them. Eventually you unlock a book which will autosell all herbs below the tier of the one you’re currently gathering.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
so this game is just unplayable on mobile then? no way to drag and drop to merge and it doesn't seem possible to get auto with just crafting

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Help, help I'm 1500 years old and my Hunter followers I keep stumbling over and training are slaughtering 100s of animals a day, stripping them of their hides and stuffing my pockets with them!

Seriously, one of the worst ones to have in your crowd as you make your way through the Bloodline ascensions.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Feline Mind Meld posted:

so this game is just unplayable on mobile then? no way to drag and drop to merge and it doesn't seem possible to get auto with just crafting

It's pretty early dev doesn't seem to have done any compatibility patches yet. Firefox doesn't show stam as a number and that's critical to see. This doesn't mean the dev doesn't care or doesn't plan to. Like most idle game projects the dev released it the moment it was playable and they were happy with the opening 7 days or so of play.

You might be able to find some way to get an emulated cursor in Android, no way would that be a feature on iOS, but I could see some app that gives you a cursor to interact with other apps with since autotappers exist on Android.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 14, 2022

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
A recent update made automerge much more powerful. Instead of merging one item at a time, it merges your entire inventory.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
What dictates what you plant in your fields in immortalityidle?

Edit: Looks to be Wood Lore possibly?

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 14, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wood lore, yeah

keep making potions and one day you too will be able to plant the noble peach

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Can I make the peach giant? Do I find out the character is named James?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

pixaal posted:

Can I make the peach giant? Do I find out the character is named James?

Nah but there are other reasons to cultivate peaches in Chinese mythology

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Wow, that first life where you can make Longevity Pills is really wild, huh? I'm already at a lifespan of120 years and it just keeps going up!

VVVVVV
e:yeah right around 2500 Int aptitude, though it seems to either hard or soft cap at 130 years on this life.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 14, 2022

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
the game really puttered along until I got Master Alchemy and then it absolutely exploded

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
The game would really benefit from some 'general goals' to point you at, even as an optional Hints thing.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Setting peaches and meat to auto-consume makes for a fun late-game mental image.

I sometimes have dozens of hunter followers, each pulling in hundreds of meat per day, along with ridiculous amounts of peach orchards.

I'm assuming my character is just a giant mouth and my followers live in camps in concentric circles around it.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

ridiculous amounts of peach orchards.

I guess you moved to the country?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I guess you moved to the country?

Millions of peaches, peaches for me
Millions of peaches, peaches for free
Billions of peaches, peaches for me
Billions of peaches, peaches for free
Trillions of peaches, peaches for me
Trillions of peaches, peaches for free

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I set myself up with a massive peach orchard and it's apparently slowly increasing my lifespan still? Is there a cap on how much extra lifespan a given source can contribute per life?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Pope Guilty posted:

I set myself up with a massive peach orchard and it's apparently slowly increasing my lifespan still? Is there a cap on how much extra lifespan a given source can contribute per life?

Peaches gave me something like 72 Years max. I assume other food sources like Meat or Fish would allow that Nutrition boost to get higher.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Falcon2001 posted:

The game would really benefit from some 'general goals' to point you at, even as an optional Hints thing.

I would settle with being able to tell what skill level unlocked something so I can plan better, but as it is I'll set up a new run sometimes thinking that I'll have it capable of repeating and come back later with two things working and a bunch of Rest blocks just sitting there.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Klungar posted:

Peaches gave me something like 72 Years max. I assume other food sources like Meat or Fish would allow that Nutrition boost to get higher.

Meat and fish are how you raise max stamina but peaches and the 72 year boost are the cap. However the latest updates massively increase the boost to longevity from the Spirituality stat. I was getting 1152 years at the 10 billion mark at the end of my most recent ascension.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Sivart13 posted:

the game really puttered along until I got Master Alchemy and then it absolutely exploded

Jesus yeah, just hit that point myself and suddenly I'm living FOREVER.

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!

Scrree posted:

I started NGU Idle a few weeks ago and have been at the T4/unmentionable wall for a couple days. Just out of curiosity, how often are there walls like this in the game? I'm actually kind of enjoying the long, methodical pace of building up to the next challenge, but it's definitely a whole lot slower than start-to-T3 (which in hindsight feels like a sprint.)

I'm not a huge fan of the walls so to speak but I still finished the game. There are quite a few "walls" - For the last Sadistic Titan I had to run a rebirth for 25 days. You'll eventually need to manually fight Titans to speed up progress else you'll be waiting forever for autokill/idle stats vs defeating 5(?) times manually per tier to activate autokill and get the gear quicker to move to the next zone.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Immortal has been updated again, apparently equipped weapons and armour should auto-merge now, but instead of that the best weapon auto-equips and doesn't merge when unequipped. Annoying.

Also, I've unlocked Core Cultivation, but it only hurts me. I think I have to have all the lore at the same level for it to work, and the only thing that occurs to me is to reach the multiplier cap so they all start at 10.000 after a reincarnation. Am I missing something?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Not enough Stamina, actually! It needs 200 and I believe you start with 100 on a fresh body. Eating Meat and Fish both increase your max Stamina.

I'm getting into the Impossible Tasks and they are definitely feeling how they're described.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sage Grimm posted:

Not enough Stamina, actually! It needs 200 and I believe you start with 100 on a fresh body. Eating Meat and Fish both increase your max Stamina.

I'm getting into the Impossible Tasks and they are definitely feeling how they're described.

Are they maybe breadcrumbs for future content? I've put it on my check in in a month list. Feels like it has good bones and was just put out too early. I'm not feeling in the mood to discover obscure mechanics. That can be fun and I've enjoyed that before! If you enjoy that phase of an idle game and are reading this you gotta check it out before it's polished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Finished Calculator Evolution today (all achievements, nothing undone to do). Any good recent "make number go up" incrementals out there that people have enjoyed in the broad style of Calculator Evolution / Antimatter Dimensions / Prestige Tree / etc? (minimalist, unlocking complexity, etc)