Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ROBERTSILVA5768/status/1546941602937159682

https://twitter.com/MtDNYG/status/1546975568033419265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I don't care about what Jericho does in his free time but he has pro wrestling down to a science and he's one of the few wrestlers that can continually re-invent himself, stay fresh, and stay relevant without over-staying his welcome. As far as AEW goes his only sin is keeping PnP away from the tag-team division as serious contenders for too long

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
How many gimmicks has Jericho had?

Thrillseeker
Lionheart
Cruiserweight trophy collector
Y2J
Serious Suit Wearer
Light Up Jacket guy
Scarf wearing list enthusiast
Kevin Owens' Best Friend
Painmaker
Le Champion Demo God
Firaga casting Wizard

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Thrillseeker
Lionheart
Y2J
Serious Suit Wearer
Light Up Jacket guy
Kevin Owens' Best Friend
Painmaker
Le Champion Demo God
Firaga casting Wizard
There's even more than that but they're all pretty distinct

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Thrillseeker
Lionheart
Y2J
Serious Suit Wearer
Light Up Jacket guy
Kevin Owens' Best Friend
Painmaker
Le Champion Demo God
Firaga casting Wizard

Corozon De Leon which IMO is distinct from Lionheart.

And of course

Cowboy Chris Jericho.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Super Liger which was my first exposure to Jericho

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Thrillseeker
Lionheart
Y2J
Serious Suit Wearer
Light Up Jacket guy
Kevin Owens' Best Friend
Painmaker
Le Champion Demo God
Firaga casting Wizard

Conspiracy Theorist

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Does being in a lovely rock band count or does that overlap with demo god?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I forgot Conspiracy Victim

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i thought that was his wife

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WDEVV7/status/1546292113373020160

https://twitter.com/WDEVV7/status/1546289744920838146

He's right.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Deuce taking a tweet where Keith dedicated a match to his brothers to mean he's injured and might not wrestle.

https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1547221156876386305

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Thrillseeker
Lionheart
Y2J
Serious Suit Wearer
Light Up Jacket guy
Kevin Owens' Best Friend
Painmaker
Le Champion Demo God
Firaga casting Wizard

The man of 1001 holds.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Trophy Hunter/Man of 1,001 holds stuff was all the same character but you could argue there was a difference between that and the post title loss Conspiracy Victim character, but to me it's all the same.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

besides, it was 1004 holds

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I'm reminded of my English Composition teacher in college that told me I should only use about 10 exclamation points in my life in writing. Anything else is unnecessary.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I never thought Bray was a fatass, but Kingston is much scarier since there's not a single part of me that thinks Bray Wyatt will suddenly appear in my kitchen and turn all the lights around me red before putting on a puppet show, but there is a part of me that thinks if I pissed Eddie Kingston off enough he might come to my house with lighter fluid and set me on fire.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
First funny WWE tweet in forever. Why am I posting it here?

https://twitter.com/MaxDupri/status/1547268539660308484

If you remember The Real Suiter, a big WWE fan who was posted in here a few years ago, that's him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Necroeric/status/1547283057593520129

FTR and the Briscoes are so lazy :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

I'm reminded of my English Composition teacher in college that told me I should only use about 10 exclamation points in my life in writing. Anything else is unnecessary.

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

First funny WWE tweet in forever. Why am I posting it here?

https://twitter.com/MaxDupri/status/1547268539660308484

If you remember The Real Suiter, a big WWE fan who was posted in here a few years ago, that's him.

Dude looks like Dollar Store Fake Italian from Inglorious Basterds Brad Pitt

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The best story in wrestling is “these two are very good at wrestling and will wrestle a good match.”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One of the great minds in history.

https://twitter.com/Necroeric/status/1547296720047980544

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Storytelling based wrestling TJPW

*inserts clip of Raku trancing her opponents to sleep*

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
OMFG

I love TJPW but that's not exactly what I would call a story driven promotion. That dude is a complete mush brain

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tjpw is kings road you just have to accept this fact

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you told me that 90s All Japan and TJPW were the same thing I'd be like OK sure but throwing in WWE is another level.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to ask that guy which company is more story-based between aaa and cmll but i'm too shy

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I literally just finished rewatching FTR vs Briscoes over lunch and it's such a straightforward and clear narrative that I wonder what this guy thinks storytelling even means in the context of wrestling. I kinda suspect he didn't actually see it

Briscoes come in thinking FTR are soft frauds. FTR comes in thinking Briscoes are small time. By the end both teams see one another as worthy peers. All the sequences are little mini-stories that flow out of that central idea, and the shifts in momentum generally hinge on one team or the other buying their own bullshit a little too much rather than just "a counter happens" or something

Like early on, you've got Dax showing off, he escapes a head scissors from Jay and spits in his face, leaves the ring under his own power, then saunters around the outside of the ring smirking with Cash. Then they wrestle a little bit, and this time Jay forces Dax out of the ring and aggressively guards the ropes from Dax getting back in. Dax gets so frustrated at having the tables turned on him like that, he resorts to throwing a chair in the ring(and Paul Turner does that sick catch) which distracts Jay enough that Dax is able to compose himself again and fight his way back in

A bit later you've got a strike exchange between Dax and Mark, and Mark's winning. Dax again loses his cool and resorts to a closed-fist shot that knocks Mark down but hurts Dax's hand, so he has to tag, and then the Briscoes use the opportunity to isolate Cash and beat the living poo poo out of him together. They're in control as long as they have Cash cut off, but they lose the advantage when they start feeling themselves a little too much and throw Cash outside and show off with some dives, but then they split off and fight one-on-one again. They're confident fighting on the outside because they don't think FTR is tough enough to stand up to them in a more brawly environment, but Cash is able to escape from Mark and reunite with Dax, and they bust Jay open with a double-team move and take back the driver's seat

The whole match is like that and it all flows together seamlessly and builds to a point where both teams are able to acknowledge to the other that, yeah, you're on our level. The finish itself happens because Mark gets hassled by Cash when he's on the turnbuckle a second time, and whereas the first time he had enough presence of mind to respond to the distraction by jumping out onto Cash instead of attacking Dax on the inside(who'd had time to recover thanks to Cash), he instead tries to force through a Doomsday Device anyway despite the delay, because they've been pushed to their limits and need to end the match. Dax is able to escape, though, and they isolate Mark and hit a Big Rig and that's it. "Someone distracts someone and then someone counters a move" is obviously a very basic thing but the way it was built up to, it makes it clear that Mark Briscoe isn't just a dumdum who got tricked by chicanery, he's a smart wrestler who took a risk he'd avoided previously because he was desperate to win and didn't think there'd be another chance to end it

My biggest regret this year is not seeing it live because I didn't want to drive through Dallas traffic on a Friday night :negative: might be my favorite match ever tbh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I wonder what this guy thinks storytelling even means in the context of wrestling

Storytelling is when you stand in the ring for 20 minutes reading from a script explicitly describing yourself and your motivations, then come back from commercial and replay half of it, then replay the promo every week until the match and immediately before the match. The match itself is irrelevant.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Briscoes/FTR is still my personal MOTY and I can't imagine how they're going to top that in the rematch but I trust them to do it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think the match this time will benefit from a clearer face/heel dynamic. FTR are unabashed faces at this point (they were moving in that direction but not quite there yet), and the Briscoes can easily take the heel role.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I hope they tell a story this time instead of just doing a bunch of really cool and entertaining moves in a throwaway match they only built up for literally months through a series of back and forth promos that did big numbers on social media and had people hyped for the match the entire time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

i'd like to ask that guy which company is more story-based between aaa and cmll but i'm too shy

I did you a solid.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That dudes favorite match is HHHBK Hell in a Cell

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Necroeric/status/1547312217867132929

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love solids

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

i love solids

Here's a little more detail for you. Love that El Guerrero. Don't worry everyone I'm going to be out of the office tomorrow so I'll have less time to annoy people.

https://twitter.com/Necroeric/status/1547313107491487745

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What’s the next step after rolling around in the poop because this is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
lmao