Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Thank God their internal investigation revealed no wrongdoing. I was worried for a second there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

quote:

“As far as the Sirens: Battle of the Bard books, it was delayed, and now it's going to be more delayed while those who are still working on the project deal with the ramifications of cancel culture, and how and what effect cancel culture has had upon their lives,” Stone continues.

gently caress this clown. Those people are dealing with the effect YOU have had on their lives you loving blueberry elf.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

quote:

Cancel Culture

"How DARE you hold me accountable!"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

GreenMetalSun posted:

Thank God their internal investigation revealed no wrongdoing. I was worried for a second there.

The investigator cleared the owners of all wrongdoing, having had a grueling interrogation with a mirror.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is “write their wrongs” a pun in that article?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I for one can't wait for him to show up Alex Jones so I can listen to Knowledge Fight either make fun of him or not play any clips because the interview sucks.

Win/Win

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

joylessdivision posted:

I for one can't wait for him to show up Alex Jones so I can listen to Knowledge Fight either make fun of him or not play any clips because the interview sucks.

Win/Win

I hadn’t thought of that.

gently caress yes.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
I'm really eager to see what angle he tries to use to spin this into a "The evil WOKE BRIGADE were mean to me" situation, given that all of the complaints were about him not paying freelancers and being a sanctimonious dick to the people he was working with.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Well he's already trying to go with the "cancel culture" angle but someone edited that out from the first draft (that still got out) :lmao:

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
He and Satine. He and Satine.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

GreenMetalSun posted:

Ah yes, the internal investiation done by internal investigator Jamison Stone, assistant internal investigator Jamison Stone, member of the board Jamison Stone and CEO CEO Jamison Stone :rolleye:

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Lima posted:

Ah yes, the internal investiation done by internal investigator Jamison Stone, assistant internal investigator Jamison Stone, member of the board Jamison Stone and CEO CEO Jamison Stone :rolleye:

What's important is that CEO Jamison Stone can confirm that internal investigator Jamison Stone is completely, 100% neutral, which he's capable of due to his incredible intellect and ability to detach himself from situations.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

CitizenKeen posted:

He and Satine. He and Satine.

It's amazing that Stone has made himself into such a ridiculous caricature that their original plan of 'deflect all the attention away from Satine' is actually working, kind of.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Tsilkani posted:

It's amazing that Stone has made himself into such a ridiculous caricature that their original plan of 'deflect all the attention away from Satine' is actually working, kind of.

Nah, he's just a lot more hateable on every level. Her career is dead in the water too going by public sentiment.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stonejamison/sirens-battle-of-the-bards/posts/3551131

Update 33: An Excerpt posted:

While Jamison Stone did step down as CEO to take personal time while Apotheosis Studios did an internal investigation on the allegations brought forth by numerous individuals, we in no way claimed that we were removing Jamison from the company.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stonejamison/sirens-battle-of-the-bards/posts/3530008

Update 31 posted:

Jamison Stone has resigned as CEO of Apotheosis Studios

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Well, he resigned which means he left voluntarily, therefore they did not in fact ever "remove him." Thus, they are correct while also being gigantic assholes and complete morons!

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

All he had to do was put the CEO sign back on his nightstand.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

"I stepped down as a matter of efficiency. I did not promise to stay down until I investigated myself and found myself awesome."

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
At the very least the people on kickstarter are NOT having it. There’s not a single comment defending them.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

GreenMetalSun posted:

At the very least the people on kickstarter are NOT having it. There’s not a single comment defending them.

Oh, there are a few, but they're a tiny minority. Just the usual 'you can ride this backlash wave! we've all done things we're not proud of!' BS.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“I merely stepped away as I needed proper time to determine that I did nothing wrong. Thank you”

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Tsilkani posted:

Did Magpie ever make a decision about the stretch goal involving her?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Nope, they said it would be in their 'july update' for the avatar kickstarter, which they haven't done yet. Obviously it's impossible to do any announcement outside of that.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

PST posted:

Nope, they said it would be in their 'july update' for the avatar kickstarter, which they haven't done yet. Obviously it's impossible to do any announcement outside of that.

Every day there's an internal email at Magpie called "Has it blown over yet?" It would be pretty funny if they took the little Stone "I found myself innocent in the trial of Cancel Culture v. Muscle Beaker" thing as good enough and pulled the trigger now, though.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

PST posted:

You could have a tone deaf blog post supporting the pant shitter, Muscly Smurf and the woman who enabled them both.

Eastmabl fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 13, 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/lincodega/status/1546912953173217281

https://twitter.com/lincodega/status/1546914522874748930

https://twitter.com/lincodega/status/1546915943552618496

https://twitter.com/lincodega/status/1546917628542869505

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So... They are saying that players will not get money through playing with this method, but GMs would.

They DO realize that that incentives no players, only GMs?

Edit: I mean, my God there are so many other things wrong with this, but this seems so goddamn fundamental, you would think they would try to have some kind of sophistic comment on it, but they don't.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Samovar posted:

So... They are saying that players will not get money through playing with this method, but GMs would.

They DO realize that that incentives no players, only GMs?

Running a game is a lot of work. The least they can do is pump my cryptocurrency launch. And buy pizza.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I cannot believe they're still trying to make this poo poo happen even after the bottom fell out of the NFT market.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The whole thread is fairly amusing, but I think i captured the key bits of incompetence. Someone put a lot of money into this so they have to at least put in a Bialastock of effort

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
Beleted

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

PST posted:

It was all just cancel culture and Jamison is totally innocent says Jamison.

https://www.dicebreaker.com/companies/apotheosis-studios/news/apotheosis-jamison-stone-statement

official xbox magazine declares xbox awesome!

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Today is supposedly the day we get the update from Magpie about the Avatar Legends AP that Satine was part of. Nothing's dropped yet, though.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Well, this is pretty big news. Roll20 and OneBookShelf are... merging? Roll20 bought OneBookShelf? I can't tell for sure, this is like 0.5 on the Crane Wizardspeak scale, but it's pretty major regardless of the specifics.

https://pressreleases.triplepointpr.com/2022/07/13/roll20-and-onebookshelf-joining-forces-gain-5-to-intelligence/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That makes some sense, Roll20 probably realizes it's going to get squeezed hard when WotC releases 6/5.5e or whatever in '24, on D&D Beyond(which they just bought), which judging by surveys is probably going to be adding a VTT component that it currently doesn't have.

Mixed with DTRPG also probably realizing the same thing, as it'd be a pretty safe bet that Wizards is going to try to bring the DM's Guild marketplace that they teamed up with OneBookshelf for completely inhouse, on D&D Beyond.

It gives Roll20 a massive amount of DTRPG content that already exists, and also for them hopefully gets people who frequent DTRPG/DMsguild to buy PDF's to maybe move to Roll20 if they aren't already using it for online VTT play.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
What this merger doesn't do, unfortunately, is bring in any good webtech building expertise to either of the platforms, lol.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kai Tave posted:

I cannot believe they're still trying to make this poo poo happen even after the bottom fell out of the NFT market.

All these projects started 6 to 10 months ago when NFTs are newer, they ignored the initial backlash out of greed and now they're stuck trying to sell a product no one wants, which is what they deserve

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tsilkani posted:

Today is supposedly the day we get the update from Magpie about the Avatar Legends AP that Satine was part of. Nothing's dropped yet, though.

quote:

We were so excited to work with the epic Avatarverse alums Jennie Kwan (Suki in Avatar: the Last Airbender) and Dante Basco (Zuko in Avatar: the Last Airbender) as well as the ever lovely Becca Scott (Good Time Society, South Park)! To round out our party of heroes, we also invited the incredible Ify Nwadiwe (Critical Role) to join the group!

You may notice there was a change of cast from the original Kickstarter announcement; Satine Phoenix will no longer be involved in the project.

This all-star cast for the AP did a fantastic job of diving into Avatarverse and played an epic game! We can’t wait for you to see the results! While the video has been shot, it’s going to take a while for it to go through editing and be finalized. Once that work is done, we’ll have a much clearer date on when it will be released to you and then available to non-backers!

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

So, an update, but not a statement of any kind. I mean, good that they did it, but this is the lamest possible way to go about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
This is just business standard. You don't open yourself up to litigation by talking poo poo about former employees/partners.