Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Zamujasa posted:

cjs: i feel like i still have a lingering cold and i am exhausted. remembering that i have been at this job 11 years and honestly coming to terms with the fact that i just do not care about it at all any more and would almost appreciate being fired just so i didn't have to be involved in it any more

i know, i know, but just. gently caress. i feel miserable

it's time for a change of pace and more money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

they're paying me right now, i'm just burned out

Kazinsal posted:

or get a putertouchin job that's not the same type of putertouchin you like doing as a hobby

I touch datacenters and routers for work and touch code for fun

sysadmin stuff has always been fun and i spend my free time maintaining tcrf and a ss13 server and a handful of other things

it's something i would like to do more of but i wouldn't know where to begin searching for a career in (or what it's like professionally, beyond the crap i've done in aws)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

okay well i thought my jokes were funny

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

What's green and has wheels?

grass. I lied about the wheels. :v:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cjs: i'm in a big summit meeting brainstorm thingy. i hear uproarious child laughter and "[poodle jones] you are NOT allowed there!"

this happened (again):

he was stealing and eating napkins

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

his little neckerchief is real cute

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Achmed Jones posted:

cjs: i'm in a big summit meeting brainstorm thingy. i hear uproarious child laughter and "[poodle jones] you are NOT allowed there!"

this happened (again):

he was stealing and eating napkins

what a good dog

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

going to scotland for a wedding this weekend and im desperately hoping there won’t be a ceilidh, but it’s a wedding in scotland so it’s 100% going to happen

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
ccs: I'm using HP Smart. It asks me "are you enjoying HP Smart?" in a popup after it's just spent the previous ten minutes AI recognizing everything I've scanned as a "receipt" and autofilling info based on that... and there's been one receipt among seven documents and I need to clean up the autofilled data every time.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"are you enjoying (software)?" is such a loaded question. No! I'm not enjoying having to do this thing I have to do!

"would you recommend (software) to your friends?" No! You fuckin nerd!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if you hit yes it just goes "thanks that's great" and if you hit no it asks you to fill out a 12 page survey about how and in what particular ways you were disappointed before adding your responses to a spreadsheet that is never looked at

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
loving lmao

https://twitter.com/JPopProjectNews/status/1546841025557237760

this will not end well.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Isn't Japan like, notoriously anti-weed? How did this ever become an idea in the first place

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Video Nasty posted:

Isn't Japan like, notoriously anti-weed?

so was the US.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Video Nasty posted:

What's green and has wheels?

grass. I lied about the wheels. :v:

What's orange in the forest but isn't a fox?

Well it IS a bloody fox innit.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

What two US coins add up to .30 and one of them isn't a nickel?

a quarter and a nickel

but you said one of them isn't a nickel!

Right, the other one is

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
went to the persian restaurant my friend has been recommending for a while and gently caress it was so good

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

bump_fn posted:

went to the persian restaurant my friend has been recommending for a while and gently caress it was so good

What did you have? I haven't ever had Persian food proper so I'm totally interested.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

The Fool posted:

a quarter and a nickel

Right, the other one is

i enjoy this joke/riddle

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

The Fool posted:

a quarter and a nickel

Right, the other one is

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Video Nasty posted:

What did you have? I haven't ever had Persian food proper so I'm totally interested.

tahdig (persian crispy rice) served w lamb stew on top, two eggplant dips (mirza ghasemi and khashke bademjan) and a bunch of different kebabs

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the followup joke is fantastic as well

two guys wrecked your bike and one of them wasn't me

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just lopped all the avocado shoots that were growing from a stump off. the largest were probably 6-8ft high, it was cool

next project is to get the stump ground down and plant a fruit-bearing avocado tree there

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

cjs: changed the blade on the panel saw for the first time. it hasn’t exploded yet. still afraid that it going to blow up and kill me although I have made a few cuts since changing the blade.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i did a plant id thingy on a mystery tree and it might be a peach tree

it didnt bear fruit this fall/winter so maybe not :shrug: we've seen neither fruit nor flowers on it

if it doesnt bud or bloom next spring i guess we'll take it out and put in something better. or not idk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

adtech should never have advanced past this point

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

backw hen i still maintained my neocities website i set up a ad thing for other neocities users to put on their site
https://wsmz.gay
a lot of those ads are probably blank now because i havent maintained it in over a year but a lot of them are that kind of vibe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anyways i now stan the pro-weed jpop group because i would pay really really good American Bucks to go to hokkaido and spark up a fat cone while snow falls on me on a mountaintop. literally take my money, japan

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the original grindr dot com

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

anyways i now stan the pro-weed jpop group because i would pay really really good American Bucks to go to hokkaido and spark up a fat cone while snow falls on me on a mountaintop. literally take my money, japan

Jonny causing an international incident by being videoed absently-minded puff-passing to a snow macaque that gets loving blitzed and drowns in the hot spring.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

akadajet posted:

the original grindr dot com

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

are we doin bad, bad jokes

what do you call a fish with no eyes? a fsh

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Ciaphas posted:

are we doin bad, bad jokes

what do you call a fish with no eyes? a fsh

uh actually thats a fish with no 'i's!!!!
joke doesn't work when you right it down, genius!!!!! it's a vocal joke!!!!!!!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
cjs: was p burnt out last week, rather less burnt out this week

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

bump_fn posted:

tahdig (persian crispy rice) served w lamb stew on top, two eggplant dips (mirza ghasemi and khashke bademjan) and a bunch of different kebabs

ricechat (hell, scorchedricechat) spreading to cjs, lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive never seen True Detective and i'm super intrigued so i'm torrenting it now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

isn’t that illegal

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

isn’t that illegal

yep I’m calling the cyber cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

isn’t that illegal

civil violations are not legal issues, no sir. proceed with your day with a surplus of calm and serenity