Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

even the illusion of these arab states giving a gently caress about palestine is over (which has been total bullshit for a long time). now this is the final shovel of dirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

are the orthodox parties that are out of power atm frothing at the mouth over saudi detente?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Shanfaraa/status/1547254745345187843

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Israel's muslim minority, huh?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

guidoanselmi posted:

Israel's muslim minority, huh?

palestinians not included*

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Since when is the 50th percentile through the 90th percentile the middle 40% :colbert:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/LeviYonit/status/1547273246260723712?s=20&t=IZwxdXEpjeidgFnFpqT5rA

Proud Zionist Biden somehow makes the Iran deal even more dead

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

He somehow looked even more dead

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

biden better be touching an orb while he's in the ME

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Egg Moron posted:

biden better be touching an orb while he's in the ME

women in Saudi Arabia are required to cover their hair so they will be safe, but I think this doesn't apply to children

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Egg Moron posted:

biden better be touching an orb while he's in ME

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

loving lol

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1547349401680625667

even lost Rubin

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, go on. Why not start a war with Iran too. What's the worst that could happen?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's saving precious energy by not moving any of the muscles in his face

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

you what wasn't lost on her though?

the spaghetti and meat balls!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I see people on twitter sometimes say that the YPG/PKK are ethnically cleansing parts of Syria. Where did this rumor even start? As far as I can tell not even Syrian ultras think something like that.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

There are no Turks there, how can you say it's not ethnically cleansed?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I see people on twitter sometimes say that the YPG/PKK are ethnically cleansing parts of Syria. Where did this rumor even start? As far as I can tell not even Syrian ultras think something like that.

I vaguely remember the Syria gouhls like Micheal Weiss pushing this at some point?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

as far as i know it is an attempt to reframe the resettlement of Kurds fleeing the slaughter of Afrin, as well as other refugees, as colonization.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

guidoanselmi posted:

There are no Turks there, how can you say it's not ethnically cleansed?

We're all really turks if you think about it. America's version of the kurds and armenians are it's black and native populations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

wow all the fascist animal Arab dictators are puckering their lips to suck Israel’s dick to stay in power what a surprise

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

THS2 posted:

even the illusion of these arab states giving a gently caress about palestine is over (which has been total bullshit for a long time). now this is the final shovel of dirt

yeah at this point the only way palestine will be saved by the Arabs is if these fascist dictatorships are destroyed and killed because now Arab monarchs/general have become Israeli dogs 100%

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

yeah at this point the only way palestine will be saved by the Arabs is if these fascist dictatorships are destroyed and killed because now Arab monarchs/general have become Israeli dogs 100%

thinking about jeffrey epstein's saudi passport

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

AnimeIsTrash posted:

When the Kurds retook towns after ISIS they demolished some homes for being death traps and the most loathsome people in the world declared it genocide. These people are usually part of the Turkey/Idlib/White Helmet media ecosystem.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Either way, I am waiting for the actual meeting with MBS. The sheer fact that the president (rather than the director of the CIA) is going has shown how much has changed since the 1980s.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US-Saudi relationship has deteriorated so much the CIA sent an underling.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Either way, I am waiting for the actual meeting with MBS. The sheer fact that the president (rather than the director of the CIA) is going has shown how much has changed since the 1980s.

how has things changed? every president since 1973 other than Reagan visited Saudi, obama went there several times and Biden will be meeting with king salman while MBS will be allowed to be in the room with them.

although I’m personally willing to bet at this point that MBS will promise to lift the flag of Israel over Mecca if it meant getting approval to reach the throne.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I feel this would all just be easier if the CIA stages a coup.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zedhe Khoja posted:

When the Kurds retook towns after ISIS they demolished some homes for being death traps and the most loathsome people in the world declared it genocide. These people are usually part of the Turkey/Idlib/White Helmet media ecosystem.

This makes a lot of sense and the latter part explains this:

genericnick posted:

I vaguely remember the Syria gouhls like Micheal Weiss pushing this at some point?

lollontee posted:

as far as i know it is an attempt to reframe the resettlement of Kurds fleeing the slaughter of Afrin, as well as other refugees, as colonization.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

how has things changed? every president since 1973 other than Reagan visited Saudi, obama went there several times and Biden will be meeting with king salman while MBS will be allowed to be in the room with them.

although I’m personally willing to bet at this point that MBS will promise to lift the flag of Israel over Mecca if it meant getting approval to reach the throne.

The differences is this trip is to beg the Saudis to cut oil production rather than a standard diplomatic trip.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1547765245531238400

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Ardennes posted:

The differences is this trip is to beg the Saudis to cut oil production rather than a standard diplomatic trip.

Don't worry. The US has it's best people on the case!

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1547349401680625667?s=20&t=o9JbSejDgJNZOT9-7uXIQg

Imagine spending decades writing about US foreign policy in the middle east and publicly admitting that you have no idea why the president of the United States is visiting Saudi Arabia during a global energy crisis.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Al Sadr, does anyone in KSA care that y'all selling out the Palestinians? How's it even being framed internally?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Aldanimarki/status/1547950051191693314?cxt=HHwWhIChtdiXtvsqAAAA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

guidoanselmi posted:

Al Sadr, does anyone in KSA care that y'all selling out the Palestinians? How's it even being framed internally?

"bro, we're gonna ski on a mountain near the red sea" seems to be what i gather among the salaried class

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/KenRoth/status/1548028389998530560

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

human rights? what about my human right to fly from Tel Aviv to Jeddah????

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

But the rest of the time it's all about human rights!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/naderalihashemi/status/1547985877703438337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/iyad_elbaghdadi/status/1548211685684436993?s=20&t=Hnio-IhxCSqy69mT0GM2Eg