Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Guze posted:

You can explain the Punishers origin all you want but cops are single digit IQ smooth brains and all they know is "he shoot bad guy"
Lol if you think the cops love the Punisher because he shoots bad guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

FilthyImp posted:

Lol if you think the cops love the Punisher because he shoots bad guys
lol if you think it's not just "skull cool"

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Zefiel posted:

The Punisher origin story is that the dude lost his wife and TWO CHILDREN to mob crossfire. Maybe the cops were trying to bring their "hero " into being, much like that little dude orphaned after the parade shooting now has enough donated money to maybe become Batman down the road.

lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hasselblad posted:

I'm the mom muzzle sweeping her son.

:hmmyes:

Interesting new AV/red text.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

every cop wants to be sylvestor stallone from cobra but they end up like frank stallone from uncredited role as ineffectual policeman

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Every cop wants to be Vic Mackie but they all end up being Unnamed Officer #4 from Serpico.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Demolition man except rob schneiders character

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Judge Dredd but Rob Scheinders character

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
So about that photo of the cop checking his phone in the hallway... the narrative that "that's Ruben Ruiz, the husband of Eva Mireles (the teacher who was killed in the shooting)" seems to be taking off in the media, with corroboration.

But I thought we already saw footage of Ruiz outside the school being detained by fellow officers, also wearing very different clothing and clearly carrying a long rifle. Maybe I imagined that... but does the security camera footage corroborate that account that he did indeed try to go save her and was restrained? If it does, I'll eat my hat, but I really don't think so. I think it's the legislators jumping on an opportunity to make these cowards look less cowardly. And even if it was him... they understand how that's worse, right? Right???

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I don't think it makes it any better? He's still an rear end in a top hat with a punisher wallpaper that didn't go in even to save his own wife

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah I don't think it makes it any better? He's still an rear end in a top hat with a punisher wallpaper that didn't go in even to save his own wife

no, you're right. it literally makes it worse which is what people are saying i think, at least itt

i don't know what the media narrative is, are they trying to excuse his casual demeanour ?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

50:50 thats the reason he didnt go in

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yolomon Wayne posted:

50:50 thats the reason he didnt go in
Oh yeah, isn't the whole warrior cop poo poo about how they are more important than "civilians" so of course it doesn't make sense to risk their lives to save some nobodies? Makes total sense.

Also:

Too bad the columbine book doesn't have a subtitle.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
punisher phone guy was there from the beginning and the guy whose wife was shot only heard about it later and drove over and, afaik, is the cop being held back at the end of the tape

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Herstory Begins Now posted:

punisher phone guy was there from the beginning and the guy whose wife was shot only heard about it later and drove over and, afaik, is the cop being held back at the end of the tape

yeah this makes way more sense imo the other narrative really doesn't match the video

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Someome ID'd phonecop as a School PD officer, I thought.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I AM GRANDO posted:

This theory is wrong because they tried really hard to kill Dorner.

Tried and succeeded, I'm afraid. :(

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
It's amazing I've seen right wing spaces upset about the shooting and how it was handled, but their way of allocating blame seems to be go from "See I told you government is ineffective!" all the way down to "the government coordinated this tragedy so they can take are guns"

like loving hell it's a heavily red area, with a heavily conservative city government and mayor, with an extremely conservative police force. On top of that, that town probably has more guns in it than my entire city of ~1million people. Everything there is controlled and run by republicans/trump supporters. Ostensibly it's their idyllic little pocket of society, but somehow it's still someone else's fault? They want less government and they literally got what they want because the government enforcers (the cops) literally did what the conservatives wanted, which is nothing. But it's also a town of freedom loving heroes strapped with guns (conservatives), who also did nothing.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

putin is a oval office posted:

yeah this makes way more sense imo the other narrative really doesn't match the video

yeah I'm really trying to figure out where this narrative that guy is Ruben Ruiz came from, when you can see Ruiz get detained and none of the timeline of the video coincides with the story.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
https://twitter.com/not_charlatte/status/1547402379468865543?s=21&t=XjYk3DpdOYe_bCc0f0XAnA

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

MrQwerty posted:

yeah I'm really trying to figure out where this narrative that guy is Ruben Ruiz came from, when you can see Ruiz get detained and none of the timeline of the video coincides with the story.

It wouldn't be the first time cops came up with a really dumb lie to cover their asses and news media repeated it completely uncritically

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Fattest PI posted:

It's amazing I've seen right wing spaces upset about the shooting and how it was handled, but their way of allocating blame seems to be go from "See I told you government is ineffective!" all the way down to "the government coordinated this tragedy so they can take are guns"

like loving hell it's a heavily red area, with a heavily conservative city government and mayor, with an extremely conservative police force. On top of that, that town probably has more guns in it than my entire city of ~1million people. Everything there is controlled and run by republicans/trump supporters. Ostensibly it's their idyllic little pocket of society, but somehow it's still someone else's fault? They want less government and they literally got what they want because the government enforcers (the cops) literally did what the conservatives wanted, which is nothing. But it's also a town of freedom loving heroes strapped with guns (conservatives), who also did nothing.

Conservatives hate the idea of public schools and are happy to use mass shootings to help destroy the idea of formal education as a public good. It’s a diversity of tactics thing.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Butterwagon posted:

It wouldn't be the first time cops came up with a really dumb lie to cover their asses and news media repeated it completely uncritically

It doesn't even make sense, if there was an active shooter and I knew my wife was a teacher at the schoo,l I am not waiting for her to text me, I am pushing as hard and as fast as I can to where the shooter is and engaging. If I take a round it's nothing compared to the guilt I would have knowing I could have possibly saved her. . Not standing around chilling in a ready position with my gun and waiting for her to text me she is ok

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

An unarmed mom got in and saved her kids yet the guys kitted up to invade Iraq again were checking for new minion memes.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

MrQwerty posted:

it comes from cops desperately trying to not look bad and worthless

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 14, 2022

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh yeah, isn't the whole warrior cop poo poo about how they are more important than "civilians" so of course it doesn't make sense to risk their lives to save some nobodies? Makes total sense.

I meant he probably didnt want to interrupt the guy who was about to divorce him for free.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Ugh, you can hear the shooter cussing and taunting at police at one point. Can't make out what he says, something about "Come inside (ready to die?)....shootout, bitch".

MrQwerty posted:

Looks like the main "source" of that is a TX state rep, that's definitely the first/main place I saw it yesterday:
https://twitter.com/moodyforelpaso/status/1547291847332069376

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 14, 2022

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I meant he probably didnt want to interrupt the guy who was about to divorce him for free.

with Benifits

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

turns out "the punisher" inspirational part is the dead wife and children.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

InsertPotPun posted:

:aaaaa:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

Ugh, you can hear the shooter cussing and taunting at police at one point. Can't make out what he says, something about "Come inside (ready to die?)....shootout, bitch".

Looks like the main "source" of that is a TX state rep, that's definitely the first/main place I saw it yesterday:
https://twitter.com/moodyforelpaso/status/1547291847332069376

It doesn't matter if it's true or not, the point is to make everyone talk about it as if it's true for a while

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Can't wait to live in 'Murica instead of the USA!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I hope Musk is forced to purchase Twitter and runs it into the ground.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I hope Musk is forced to purchase Twitter and runs it into the ground.

i hope Musk is forced to buy SA and... uh

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
still, your cops are kinda amazing as an enforcer class of pops. you know, culturally, like battle thralls in stellaris

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Cop: My wife got shot and is dying
Chief: Give me your gun
Fox News: They are heroes
*Sound of screaming children and gunshots*

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
as the sheriff of this here shitstain, i let my fellow cop's wife die screaming, and i took his gun away to stop him from doing anything about it. i also tried to stop you from seeing the footage. and that, my fellow citizens, is why you should re-elect me as your sheriff

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

InsertPotPun posted:

You know what other cop had a dead wife and children?

He went on to bring a lot bad guys and corrupt cops to justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The cop being restrained in the footage is the father of one of the victims, not a husband. :smith:

How'd you get footage of the cops being asked to go save those kids? :haw:

"Ewwww, I'll pass!" lookin rear end.