Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
having Quiet as your backup humming all the time owns imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Electric Phantasm posted:

Currently writing my congressman to allow for multiple games of the year as there are too many good games this year.

Your congressperson just came up to me and I shook my said and said 'that doesn't work for me' with a wince for effect

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Quiet loving kicks rear end its just a shame Kojima was a lil too dick banged about her presentation and story

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Oh no a hacker is going to find out that I've played every Souls game!!!!!! I'M hosed

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Quiet loving kicks rear end its just a shame Kojima was a lil too dick banged about her presentation and story

I'm sorry friend but we must part ways here.... quiet sucks and so does her humming

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They’re gonna see that you don’t have the Nameless King achievement 😬

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like the humming

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

more characters should hum

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Quiet using her sniper rifle to bank grenades into helicopters rules. Weird story stuff aside, I thought she was cool.

juicefest
Jun 12, 2022

verbal enema posted:

having Quiet as your backup humming all the time owns imo

I never knew when she was going to actually mark enemies. D-dog was far more reliable.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah there’s a difference betweeen the confident Bayonetta and characters like the perpetually embarrassed Senran Kagura girls. Makes it more palatable to nosey wives I bet

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

LionArcher posted:

Wait. I'm confused on Stray next week. It says ps + + or whatever. I have a year of PS plus from October on (the old original level or whatever). Does that mean I'd have to pay more to get Stray? I want my cat game dammit!

Watch as Bay3 is the real game of the year. Move over Elden Ring.

Just upgrade to Extra, the "classic" offerings on Premium are not worth it. Extra has some good stuff like Returnal, Demon's Souls, RDR2, and soon to be FF7R Intergrade. Wouldn't be surprised if Forbidden West appears on that tier by the end of the year

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The game of the year was already decided and it's Kirby

It's gonna be a close race with Elden Ring, Kirby is stupid good

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

wuggles posted:

Kirby is stupid

can't believe i'm reading this but your eyes are as good as mine folks

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

i like the humming

she should learn a new tune!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The current goty is ai2

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Elden Ring is guaranteed #1 at this point, AI2 is probably number 2 since that's the weeb GOTY, Kirby is 3. Quote this post in 6 months, you know I'll be correct

Either that or its FF14 again because Rarity will fudge the votes once she gets through the MSQ

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
St the rate she's going Rarity will be lucky to be in heavensward by december

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
rarity's goty will be ffxiv the fishing specifically

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Feldegast42 posted:

Elden Ring is guaranteed #1 at this point, AI2 is probably number 2 since that's the weeb GOTY, Kirby is 3. Quote this post in 6 months, you know I'll be correct

Either that or its FF14 again because Rarity will fudge the votes once she gets through the MSQ

Kirby will take #2, enough normies will turn out for Ragnarok to be #3. I don't think AI will do as well as #2 even though it owns (it won't even be #2 on my list!)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kirby will win because Kirby is cute

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Kirby is great. The 2-player is perfect for helping a kid or extremely high friend through, but not as overwhelmingly helpful as it was in like New Super Mario Bros, since you can't (?) help them with the platforming. Game good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Feldegast42 posted:

I don't even know if I have a frontrunner for #1 on my list yet. Maybe when I finally get around to Elden Ring.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Young Mr.Lincoln was far better than I thought it would be. I can see why people hold Mr.Ford in such high regard

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/unitygames/status/1547170810569363456?s=20&t=vsQjlqMi0YJ83u3tgrEbUg

Unity merging with an infamous malware developer

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Hoping 13 Sentinels 2 magically sweeps in to wildly swing at any 2022 release that dares try to claim the title of #1 game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wait a minute--Kirby, what's that in your mouth little buddy? Oh wow, it's Disco Elysium! Guess it's GotY again!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DE is a 7/10 max

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

DE is a 7/10 max

I'd agree, good characters, interesting ideas, incredibly disappointing core mystery.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think my GoTY right now is Tunic, but I've already got a reasonably big backlog of games that came out this year, so that could change at any moment

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Don't have to come out this year to be goty

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Arzaac posted:

I think my GoTY right now is Tunic, but I've already got a reasonably big backlog of games that came out this year, so that could change at any moment

It's absolutely unreal just how much video game there is in that video game.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tunic looks pretty cool, hope it gets a Switch port at some point.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Elden ring won gotfhoty 2022 pretty handily (iirc it was #1 like three times), it would take a lot for it to be unseated

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Game of the year should just be changed to year of the game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FirstAidKite posted:

Game of the year should just be changed to year of the game

1994 would just win every year

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Rune Factory 5 good? it got quietly released on Steam today.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Uh that's really bad -- the more I think of it, its pretty much possible that every future version of Unity is going to be compromised and not safe to run on anything less your machine turns into a crypto farm.

E: Oh poo poo

wikipedia posted:

The engine can be used to create three-dimensional (3D) and two-dimensional (2D) games, as well as interactive simulations and other experiences.[6][7] The engine has been adopted by industries outside video gaming, such as film, automotive, architecture, engineering, construction, and the United States Armed Forces.[8]

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 14, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I said come in! posted:

Is Rune Factory 5 good? it got quietly released on Steam today.

If you're going to play it, PC is the only way I'd recommend it. It's playable on switch but good god its performance is disappointing as heck.

Also, it's another entry where the romantic interests are...well, I've heard there's a better variety if you're pursuing the bachelors.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Uh that's really bad -- the more I think of it, its pretty much possible that every future version of Unity is going to be compromised and not safe to run on anything less your machine turns into a crypto farm.

It's a really buzzword-laden press release with not much of substance, so I'm willing to wait and see for a while before I sigh and start porting everything I have to UE4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

If you're going to play it, PC is the only way I'd recommend it. It's playable on switch but good god its performance is disappointing as heck.

Also, it's another entry where the romantic interests are...well, I've heard there's a better variety if you're pursuing the bachelors.

Yeah I avoided the Switch version because of that. Friends recommended against it or at least warned me that the Switch performance is really bad.