Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Sure you have Brexit and the worst income disparity in Europe, but your wildlife is adorable instead of "possibly ready to kill you" like most of the places you colonized.

A hedgehog? That's sweet. In Canada we get poo poo that can at the very least carry off your dog, if not you, and Australia has things that are like "ya, this spider LOVES to live in bedsheets, and if it bites you, it has a venom that makes your penis fall off."

EDIT: gently caress, brutal snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Hedgehogs are the best and the biggest downside to where I currently live is that there are no hedgehogs.

E: Vvv very true and it makes me sad.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 14, 2022

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
To be fair there's basically no hedgehogs left in the UK either. Something like 90+% fall in numbers over the last couple of decades.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Guavanaut posted:

More like Rock Spider Jerusalem.

Barking Spider Jerusalem.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I'm about a five minute train ride to Shepreth wildlife park and they have a fantastic hedgehog hospital facility there. And the good news is there's been a boom of births there lately!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-61720787.amp

Hedgehogs coming back, baby!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I want a hedgehog in my garden. Where do you get them from?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

DeadButDelicious posted:

I'm about a five minute train ride to Shepreth wildlife park and they have a fantastic hedgehog hospital facility there.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

three stage plan for a beautiful garden full of wildlife

1: keep a "messy" garden full of "weeds"

2: pile up old branches and such

3: bide your fuckin' time

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

DesperateDan posted:

4. no cats in the area

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I've not seen a hedgehog in a while, if you don't count the unfortunate wicker splats on the roads.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

DesperateDan posted:

Already there my friend

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCRosAtkins/status/1547462978416648192

:allears:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

DesperateDan posted:

Any idea what these purple ones are? They look a bit like red campion and they've sprung up everywhere over the past few years.

The bees love them either way. :3:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The worst person you know...

https://twitter.com/KemiBadenoch/status/1547294743394131969?s=20&t=AqyucmSbuOig7y-7O20yAw

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

sassassin posted:

4. no cats in the area

they aren't great, but they take a lot of blame for doing what comes naturally to them, whereas it's socially acceptable for humans to keep tipping really nasty poisons on everything to keep a patch of grass so people can pretend to be 17th century aristocrats

Already there my friend

Guavanaut posted:

Any idea what these purple ones are? They look a bit like red campion and they've sprung up everywhere over the past few years.

The bees love them either way. :3:

Looks like willowherb to me and aye, bees fuckin' love the stuff

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thanks :) yeah great willowherb matches the flowers and the seedheads perfectly.

Flattering description of my yard too

quote:

Epilobium hirsutum inhabits damp and waste places, river-sides and ditches.

I think between them and the ragwort they'd easily take over the whole yard if I let them, but it's good to let a few grow tall for the bees and moths.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
A waste place for a wasteman to waste time

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I didn't know where else to put this
https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/1547497243766407169?s=20&t=niaj06Sb8mPirdjr7xeEfA
"bloody hell"

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Alright Brrryyan

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

I've not seen a hedgehog in a while, if you don't count the unfortunate wicker splats on the roads.
One of the nice things about our village is that everyone has cut little hedgehog size holes in the bottom of their gates / fences, so the little guys can get in and out of gardens easily.

There's a few times I've let the dog out to pee and he's found tiny spiky friends, but luckily he has no idea what to do with them and just sniffs them, fascinated:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Would be nice if they could have been this scrutinising in the run-up to the 2019 election.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

One of the nice things about our village is that everyone has cut little hedgehog size holes in the bottom of their gates / fences, so the little guys can get in and out of gardens easily.

There's a few times I've let the dog out to pee and he's found tiny spiky friends, but luckily he has no idea what to do with them and just sniffs them, fascinated:

Awww bless.

Previous years I've spotted them and a many a moon ago I helped one who had gotten its foot caught in a can some arsehole had only partially pulled the lid off and then clearly not thrown in a bin. Had to manually open it with a can opener to save the lil' guy.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Spaced has aged very well compared to some other shows of it's era. Even in the episode that's slightly transphobic/gay panic is passable in 2022.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Would be nice if they could have been this scrutinising in the run-up to the 2019 election.
They were, Corbyn was a Czechoslovakian spy from 1989 remember :pseudo:

Failed Imagineer posted:

A waste place for a wasteman to waste time
:hmmyes:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's miraculous when you consider other shows of its time yeah, and that one scene is largely explained by the fact that it's David Walliams.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

They were, Corbyn was a Czechoslovakian spy from 1989 remember :pseudo:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, on this leadership bollocks, its pretty obvious to everyone that Sunak's going to win it right?

All of this posturing by other candidates just seems like a game to make things seem more interesting than they are.

And nobody has heard of most of the other fuckers.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Kin posted:

So, on this leadership bollocks, its pretty obvious to everyone that Sunak's going to win it right?

All of this posturing by other candidates just seems like a game to make things seem more interesting than they are.

He will win among the MPs but will lose to Penny once it goes to the members

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Supposedly Penny Mountdoom is the odds-on favourite, but she might have kneecapped herself on the trans stuff. Liz Truss is also likely to beat him in a straight vote, if she can survive the MP gauntlet.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
No red blooded Englishman is going to vote for a manlet.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what are the odds that whoever wins calls an early election given that their prospects look much worse than bojo in 19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mordaunt is losing the crypto-fash conspiracy weirdo vote, but that might actually help among the more 'average english tory' pensioners

https://twitter.com/hector_drummond/status/1544995160815288321

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Kin posted:

It'll be whoever gets the most 'Ill give you this position in the cabinet' wins.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1547515683336032258

:allears:

(sorry for the femi tweet. too lazy to look for another share. blame twitter for putting it at the top of my suggested feed)

I also wanted to say thanks to the three here who thanked me for getting them on the legal medi :420: waggon. I get a massive buzz just knowing the difference that legal access makes to most people's lives, so it really has been my pleasure. And it's lovely hearing that some of you are already showing the way to people in your circles. That's what it's all about :)

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

bump_fn posted:

what are the odds that whoever wins calls an early election given that their prospects look much worse than bojo in 19

While we are in a recession with a living expense crisis going on, any Government would be crazy to call a GE.
I don't expect one until 2024. Maybe we might get one squeezed in very late 2023.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mega Comrade posted:

While we are in a recession with a living expense crisis going on, any Government would be crazy to call a GE.
I don't expect one until 2024. Maybe we might get one squeezed in very late 2023.

There's no way the Tories try to struggle on through a cost of living crisis for two years without doing anything, and there's no way they do anything. Any new leader is going to call a GE to take advantage of the bounce, even if they only promise air.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Personally I don't mind Femi he was never as virulently anti-Corbyn as most of the other cunts

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Jedit posted:

There's no way the Tories try to struggle on through a cost of living crisis for two years without doing anything, and there's no way they do anything. Any new leader is going to call a GE to take advantage of the bounce, even if they only promise air.

Based on what? Historically this hasn't happened. May did it sure, we got one only a year after she came in. Callaghan, Major, Brown? None of them did.

At the moment the tories still have a majority, the odds of them winning MORE seats are tiny, even with an ineffective opposition. And Mays stunt is still fresh in peoples minds and cost them a huge number of seats even if she managed to scrape a win.

I could be wrong, the tories are an arrogant lot, but it would be incredibly stupid for them to do it.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Sunak is presenting himself as the continuity candidate, so I suspect whoever else makes it through absorbs the anti-Johnson votes. It'll be interesting to see where the MPs fall on that spectrum.

There's no way in hell whoever wins calls an election at this point when they're behind in the polls. They've got two years that they can blame the previous administration and build their support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1547515683336032258

I also wanted to say thanks to the three here who thanked me for getting them on the legal medi :420: waggon. I get a massive buzz just knowing the difference that legal access makes to most people's lives, so it really has been my pleasure. And it's lovely hearing that some of you are already showing the way to people in your circles. That's what it's all about :)
https://twitter.com/jamesorharry/status/1547514330295549953?t=AOTjBywMT6jhNdotG3Zh4w&s=19

You are doing great work BTW, it's great to see even if I don't (currently!) need that kind of support.